PDA

View Full Version : ENDS 6/8 - Garrett Holsters Group Buy!! Silent Thunder and More

OldLincoln
05-24-2011, 05:35 PM
Hi folks, step right up! The Garrett folks of Silent Thunder fame have extended to us a very generous group buy for a limited time. We will be the first to use their brand new web site (big improvement!) and get a 20% discount on orders of $85.00 or more. Yes that's 20%!

I thought maybe 10% or possibly 15%, but without hesitation they came through with a big 20%. I know you realize this is big BUT it is only for 2 weeks, from 5/25/2011 to 6/8/2011.

Part of the deal is they would like you to give some feedback on the new web site. They have worked hard on it and it's coming along well, but they want us who use it to comment on what we like or could do better.

Just go to Garrett Industries (http://garrettindustries.mybigcommerce.com) and use Coupon Code KT05250608 at the checkout for your discount. Once again, that's KT05250608.

I'm cross linking to the other thread (http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=7000) that started this whole thing. There you can see the discussion and some holster pics.

Now, if you don't know the Garretts, they are Ron and Sheryl Garrett in Woodville, Texas. They are good patriotic who sell tactical gear to our military in addition to us civilians.

They are the ones who have always manufactured the Silent Thunder that was originally marketed by Tucker Gunleather. Tucker retired and sold his hoster making company and Garrett pulled the marketing back home. Garretts have always stood behind their products and answer their own phones and emails. They are good people with good products.

I admit to being partial to them but those who know me know I tell folks about the good products I find. I do not work for the Garretts, only talk about how good their products are. I'll also talk about flaws as I have in the past. I did find one small thing (leather scrape) and they offered to fix it and told me how if I preferred to do it myself. They also fixed their mold process to accommodate the extractor better and eliminate future problems.

Willieboy
05-25-2011, 09:48 AM
Boy I'd love to get another holster from Garrett but for the life of me, I can't think of a gun for which I need a holster, except for my Mini 14.

Has anyone used a Silent Thunder for a K9 or K40? I worry these guns may be too heavy for the single clip. Any thoughts?

Bawanna
05-25-2011, 10:33 AM
Boy I'd love to get another holster from Garrett but for the life of me, I can't think of a gun for which I need a holster, except for my Mini 14.

Has anyone used a Silent Thunder for a K9 or K40? I worry these guns may be too heavy for the single clip. Any thoughts?

There should be no issue at all with a single clip. Most IWB holsters have single clips. All it does is keep the holster from coming with the gun during the draw.

I'm considering the Slim version IWB for my Cbob, its a single offset clip but I think it would work fine. Per Old LIncolns suggestion I'm gonna ask first and get their thoughts.
I carry my PM45 and my K40 sometimes in a similar leather iwb with the offset clip, works fine. I'm still trying to get into this IWB thing, I'm mostly an OWB guy but it has potential. I need to hit the gym or something though, I already got enough IWB without a holster and a 1911 too.

Willieboy
05-25-2011, 10:44 AM
Thanks B'wanna.

wyntrout
05-25-2011, 10:50 AM
I have an XB MiniTuck for my P380 and was thinking of a single-clip minimal IWB holster like the Slim model(to replace my old Uncle Mike), but it seems they don't have the P380 in their list.

Wynn:(

Bawanna
05-25-2011, 10:54 AM
It states on the Silent Thunder Slim model that it is for guns with barrels 3" and longer. This makes me believe its designed for full size guns.

It does seem to have much less bulk in one spot by offsetting the clip. I think the standard model would be easier to put on and off but I'm just guessing looking at the pictures.

OldLincoln
05-25-2011, 10:55 AM
Bill, A little while back I had a thread titled "Now THIS is a Gun Belt" (http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=6853) where I showed off my modified 5.11 belt. My original issue was hanging a 1911in a ST off a wimpy belt. It sagged pretty bad. After I fixed the belt I could hold it near the ends away from my body and the gun 1911 in the ST was fine. The original reviews I read on the St were on the 1911 forum and they sang it's praises in unison.

So to answer the question, yes the single clip Silent Thunder will support a heavier gun IF you have a decent gun belt. As for the clip itself, they came out with a heavy duty clip (wider/stronger) that might make you feel better about it.

wyntrout
05-25-2011, 11:01 AM
Dang! I just got up to go see where my P380 is... it's in its usual UM but in cross-draw position. I forgot! It's less of a pain there. I've been getting pains in my upper right hip/buttock area, so I sometimes move it to the other side.:rolleyes:

Hmmm... thinking about grabbing the Champion, the PM45, and the K9/CTLGrips and going to the range. Wifey is out of town until late Sunday.:D

Wynn:)

wyntrout
05-25-2011, 11:03 AM
The heavy duty clip looled like it should offer more control in cant position than the skinny regular one... and offset in the Slim model.

Wynn:)

Willieboy
05-25-2011, 11:31 AM
Thanks Lincoln.

OldLincoln
05-26-2011, 11:11 AM
It states on the Silent Thunder Slim model that it is for guns with barrels 3" and longer. This makes me believe its designed for full size guns.

It does seem to have much less bulk in one spot by offsetting the clip. I think the standard model would be easier to put on and off but I'm just guessing looking at the pictures.

They offer a "Slim II" (http://garrettindustries.mybigcommerce.com/products/Silent-Thunder-Slim-II.html) for barrels 3" and under. It is designed for comfortable appendix carry. They also state "If you need a full range of carry capability, we strongly suggest the Silent Thunder IWB Holster."

The have a pretty good line of holsters including the new "What the Tuck?", a hybrid IWB for larger guns.

EDIT: Should have done this earlier: GI has a holster comparison chart (http://garrettindustries.mybigcommerce.com/news/1/Holster-Comparison-Chart.html) that I really like. You really should see this during your selection process. For new holster buyers, they also have a bit on what to look for in a holster. They call it "So, you want to buy a holster.." (http://garrettindustries.mybigcommerce.com/news/2/So-You-Want-To-Buy-A-Holster....html).

Bawanna
05-26-2011, 11:29 AM
I chatted with them some and they convinced me to go with the Silent Thunder over the Silent Thunder Slim. A little more stable and versatile. He suggested the Hybrid you mention the What the Tuck but mentioned the same issues I've experienced, it's kind of hard to put on and take off although very comfortable, maybe more comfortable than the ST but not for me.
Seem like real nice folks and ready to help ya anyway they can.

OldLincoln
05-26-2011, 07:54 PM
Out of curiosity, we're 2 days into this and I wonder if anybody has ordered yet (besides me). I have a Silent Thunder STX OWB making it's way through the factory to hold Dad's Colt Commander 45. I can't wait to hang it on my newly reconstructed beefed up belt.

PattayaPistol
05-27-2011, 09:19 AM
I availed myself of the offer. Actually I had a bit of trouble with the ordering process due to the fact that I live in Thailand, was using a Thailand VISA card, but the shipping address was to a friend in USA who will hand carry the holster to me. A simple e-mail to Garrett Industries and Sheryl went out of her way to make it easy for me to get this done. Very good service, although unfortunately I will not see the holster for a few months, until my friend wends his way over the waters.

So, yes, there are at least some of us taking up this offer and thanks, I for one appreciate it.

Cheers
PP

FSuperDuty
05-27-2011, 05:52 PM
It's been quite a few years, but if I were in Thailand I'd want to carry too. Especially Pattaya. :eek:

Rotorflyr
06-03-2011, 05:03 PM
I've been trying to decide between a Silent Thunder, Silent Thunder Slim, and a FIST K1 (ordered with "all" adapters), but I think this offer tilts the scale toward the Silent Thunder (will probably go with the standard model as it appears to offer more choice in cant, up to and including "negative cant" for the occasional xdraw wear (such as on long drives)

OldLincoln
06-03-2011, 06:07 PM
You can see more pics of the Silent Thunder in My ST Slideshow (http://s762.photobucket.com/albums/xx269/OldLincoln/Holsters/?albumview=slideshow) to help decide.

Ljutic
06-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Thanks for topping this. I didn't see it before. I will be ordering.

Jaxon1023
06-04-2011, 11:24 AM
I ordered the silent thunder with the coupon code two days ago. Can't wait to get it!

photoshooter
06-05-2011, 11:19 AM
Out of curiosity, we're 2 days into this and I wonder if anybody has ordered yet (besides me).

Yessir!
I managed to stumble onto this just before the deadline. I love my first ST so much, have been meaning to get another one. Thanks Old Lincoln!

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx269/OldLincoln/Holsters/091203_mk9_038.jpg

OldLincoln
06-05-2011, 11:52 AM
HI PhotoShooter!!! Haven't seen you around for a while. Glad you dropped by and that you grabbed the deal. The Garretts are really good people and I'm getting a ST STX OWB for my 1911. Don't be a stranger.

photoshooter
06-05-2011, 02:44 PM
Thanks!
Been a little overwhelmed with home renovation but things are lightening up now so I'll have more time to wander the forums. I got another IWB for my P232. Had been wanting to order one for ages but never got around to it. This is the one time that procrastination actually paid off :-)

Rotorflyr
06-05-2011, 05:12 PM
Those of you who have (and/or have recently ordered) a ST, did you go with the Full sweat/body shield, the 1/2 sweat shield/body or No sweat/body shield? And why did you choose the option you did?

Willieboy
06-05-2011, 07:42 PM
Just a note to any of you guys who have not yet experienced a Silent Thunder, they are very nice. I've been wearing my PM9 AIWB in a ST every day since I got it. I'm even able to tuck my shirt using the JHook. Excellent!

Sadly, the eagle that usually drops some coin at my house just flew overhead this payday, dropped some ca-ca and kept on going, so no new holster for Mr. Bill.

OldLincoln
06-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Those of you who have (and/or have recently ordered) a ST, did you go with the Full sweat/body shield, the 1/2 sweat shield/body or No sweat/body shield? And why did you choose the option you did?
I went with the full sweat shield and am glad. The Kydex remains cool to the skin when I wear it without an undershirt. I wouldn't want the gun against my skin for sweat reasons plus I think it may bother me. The full shield is not large in size and hides behind the gun. Really no reason not to get it.

I mostly do wear an undershirt (beater) but mainly because the leather patch where my suspenders meet up on my back sweats really badly and that I can't stand. I tried making a cloth sock for it but it didn't work out.

OldLincoln
06-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Bill, I understand. The thing I miss most about retirement is that bird doesn't fly anywhere near my house anymore.

Bawanna
06-05-2011, 10:40 PM
Don't feel bad boys, I still work 40 a week and all I usually get is ca ca too.

I console myself that if I was rich I'd probably lay awake at night thinking about how every one is trying to steal it from me.

Nothing to worry about now.

Rotorflyr
06-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Well, I just placed my order for an ST...just couldn't pass up the discount :p

I figure I can always order a fist holster later (or for another gun) if I decide I want one :D

OldLincoln
06-06-2011, 12:48 PM
Good for you Rotorflyr. BTW, I searched and searched and finally discovered what really makes helicopters fly:

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx269/OldLincoln/Misc/HelicoptersAreUgly.jpg

Bawanna
06-06-2011, 01:02 PM
Ugly yes but I want one very badly. Wonder if you need feet to fly one of them, imagine so and no training wheels.

Kind of scarey though with the wings going faster than the plane, can't be a natural thing.

Guess I better order up an ST or whine about my procrastination. I've been a good boy, I deserve one, maybe ma won't see the bill? In my dreams.

OldLincoln
06-06-2011, 01:04 PM
You are a good man Charlie Brown and I'm sure she can't stay made for long. Sometimes a guy just gotta do what he gotta do, ya know?

Bawanna
06-06-2011, 01:43 PM
You are a good man Charlie Brown and I'm sure she can't stay made for long. Sometimes a guy just gotta do what he gotta do, ya know?

I hope so. It's done. I just ordered a new home for my Cbob. Went with full shield and standard clip. I think I can switch clips if I find I want something different can't I?

Now I need to start working out to make room in the IWB area for a holster.

Fingers crossed, the wait begins.

Charlie Brown.

PS- Just like my apparent twin Rotoflyr I'm pondering a Fist super thin for my PM45 for those rare occasions when it wants to live on my belt and not on my ankle but that will be another day.

Rotorflyr
06-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Good for you Rotorflyr. BTW, I searched and searched and finally discovered what really makes helicopters fly:

OL,
Ya shoulda just asked...I coulda told you that and saved ya all that time searching!

:p

Bman,
Unfortunately, unless you're talking RC' Heli's, you do indeed need feet...However if I ever happen to be working out in your neck of the woods, I'll see what I can do about swinging a ride ;)

As for the Fist holster, I was looking at the K1 UltraThin "All adapter" package, which I still may do (even if it's for a pistol other then the PM45)

For my ST, I went with the full-shield, c-clip attachment, along with 2 extra clips (the HD and the Slimline), all set for a 1 1/2" belt

Bawanna
06-07-2011, 01:32 PM
OL,
Ya shoulda just asked...I coulda told you that and saved ya all that time searching!

:p

Bman,
Unfortunately, unless you're talking RC' Heli's, you do indeed need feet...However if I ever happen to be working out in your neck of the woods, I'll see what I can do about swinging a ride ;)

As for the Fist holster, I was looking at the K1 UltraThin "All adapter" package, which I still may do (even if it's for a pistol other then the PM45)

For my ST, I went with the full-shield, c-clip attachment, along with 2 extra clips (the HD and the Slimline), all set for a 1 1/2" belt

I ain't passing up that deal. You ever get out my way you tell me where the pad is and I'll be there. I rode on a couple really trick helo's in an earlier life. More in small Cessna's and stuff. My uncle was getting hours and wanted to fly helo's for Seattle PD. I got a lot of riding time but not much in helo's.

Keep me posted on your Fist deal. I'm not sure exactly what model I was looking at but it was the ultra thin. Couple guys here have them for their PM9's and they are really thin.

Bawanna
06-07-2011, 01:36 PM
I've been trading emails this morning with Ron Garrett and just learned that they offer a 15% discount to LE or military every single day of the year.
You just call them to get a LE code, or mention in the comments that you are LE or Military and 15% off the total of your order.

I didn't notice this on their website the many times I've looked so thought I'd pass this info along with his permission.

I inquired as to ride height adjustment on my ST and he explained that it's user adjustable up to 2". Sitting full time a higher ride is normally a good thing so it's already built in.

Now I'm just waiting. I hate waiting. Not good at it at all.

Kudos to Ron and his gang, seems like a great guy.

PattayaPistol
06-08-2011, 07:33 AM

Mine shipped in exactly 2 weeks. Unfortunately I still have a few months until my buddy comes this way and hand carries it. :( Otherwise they'd slap $100- duty on it bringing it in.

Cheers
PP

Thunder71
06-08-2011, 07:54 AM
Hey Bawanna, glad you finally decided to give a it a go. He really is a great guy to deal with - glad your experience (and others) was as positive as mine was.

OldLincoln
06-08-2011, 12:10 PM
I've been trading emails this morning with Ron Garrett and just learned that they offer a 15% discount to LE or military every single day of the year.
You just call them to get a LE code, or mention in the comments that you are LE or Military and 15% off the total of your order.

I didn't notice this on their website the many times I've looked so thought I'd pass this info along with his permission.

I inquired as to ride height adjustment on my ST and he explained that it's user adjustable up to 2". Sitting full time a higher ride is normally a good thing so it's already built in.

They are very patriotic and in fact supply American Armed and Law Forces with gear. The first hint of that is this picture prominently displayed on their home page (http://garrettindustries.mybigcommerce.com/):

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx269/OldLincoln/Misc/american-eagle-flag.png

TSiWRX
06-08-2011, 02:59 PM
Awesome deal - thanks for setting it up!

I can't believe that it's the very last day of the deal, and I've been lucky enough to stumble into it from another Forum (DefensiveCarry). I really need to come here more often! :D

photoshooter
06-11-2011, 05:33 PM
Ordered 6/5, delivered 6/11... happy dance!

I already sent the Garretts some email praise but I have to say it in the thread as well. It's just a little kydex and a little leather but what a great holster! It's my second one but certainly not my last. I really love this design.

Thanks to OldLincoln for setting up the discount and of course thanks to the Garretts for extending the offer.

OldLincoln
06-11-2011, 08:19 PM
You're welcome, glad to promote good folks with good products. Hope all who took advantage of the offer post how they like it. Maybe post on GI's web site also.

Bawanna
06-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Ordered 6/5, delivered 6/11... happy dance!

Man you must have been in the express lane! How wicked cool is that!

I'll be thrilled if I get the 2 week ship treatment, heck I'll probably be thrilled no matter how long it takes.

photoshooter
06-12-2011, 11:50 AM
Maybe post on GI's web site also.

Great idea. I'll take some nice pics and write a review.

Man you must have been in the express lane! How wicked cool is that!

I'm a lefty so I'm used to being in the "special order/slow lane". I was shocked at how quick I got it. Maybe I should order another one to see if it happens again... :D

Jaxon1023
06-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Got mine in Saturday. Really nice feel and fit

Bawanna
06-15-2011, 02:38 PM
Whooopi Grandpa!! ya thought I was gonna say Goldberg didn't ya.

I just got an email from Garrett that my ST changed to ship status. Let's see Texas / Washington, today is wednesday, they sent priority, Jlott, Mr Surveyor land to Jimbar territory, the indians are calm and not causing trouble at the moment unless you wooden nickel their slot machines.
Maybe Saturday, no Friday. Friday would be good since I think I had it sent here to work and we don't get mail on saturday.
Ok, cross fingers for Friday.

Happy dance here too.

MikeyKahr
06-15-2011, 04:08 PM
Here's hoping for Friday!! Although there are floods on the Missouri River out by Iowa/Nebraska/Kansas so not sure how that will affect shipments going up river. :rain:

Bawanna
06-15-2011, 05:24 PM
Maybe they could use one of them infernal flying contraptions. Heard they come a long ways since Orville and Wilbur thunk it up. Course probably gotta pay more for flying contraption mail. Whole country is really taken a beating with drout, and flooding, and tornadoes. Pretty tough deal all over.

Thunder71
06-15-2011, 06:55 PM
Ordered another from them today, for my XDM.

Bawanna
06-17-2011, 01:47 PM
Well looks like no holster for me today. I did a track using the number the Garretts so graciously supplied. It was local yesterday but says it was missent. The error is fixed and they are doing everything possible to deliver as soon as possible.
Probably put in a large bottle and tossed in Puget Sound.
This on top of a gun send from 30 miles away priority next day delivery on wednesday. Today is friday, all carriers have delivered and NO GUN. It's only a Taurus but its for an officer who wants it badly. It makes me look bad.
I've got a can of whoop arse in the microwave warming up, I just need to find out who deserves it. If it didn't get sent as promised or if the carrier is dropping the ball.

GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

OldLincoln
06-17-2011, 01:58 PM
"Over the bridge and through the woods to Bawanna's house we go...." Perhaps they got lost in the woods, or the big bad wolf delayed them a bit. Could be living in the wilderness like you do means they have to switch ponies more and it takes longer.

On the other hand, you got pull, so put out an APB on your stuff. Lots of red lights and sirens should get their attention.

Bawanna
06-17-2011, 02:08 PM
"Over the bridge and through the woods to Bawanna's house we go...." Perhaps they got lost in the woods, or the big bad wolf delayed them a bit. Could be living in the wilderness like you do means they have to switch ponies more and it takes longer.

On the other hand, you got pull, so put out an APB on your stuff. Lots of red lights and sirens should get their attention.

All I got alot of right now is seeing RED!. I'm sure Garrett did a super nice job and I'm aching to see it and everybody between them and me dropped the ball.
That on top of the gun not showing up which there is no excuse for really has my skivvey's tied in a knot. I'm generally somewhat pleasant but right at the moment I know I'd feel alot better if I could beat the crap out of somebody. It would no doubt have to be a smaller person just to be safe but I do have my lunch with me so small to medium.
I was gonna post a phone picture, a guy showed me the stuff to get and how to do it but I left the little gizmo that you put the smaller gizmo in before you put it in the larger gizmo. So once again I'm fornicated until I get home.
Is this a sad tale or what?

OldLincoln
06-17-2011, 02:31 PM
Yeah, but it's not the end yet! It'll all work out, you'll see. As for the gizmos, what can I say? I got a new Bi-PAP yesterday that has an SD card so I have to break out my gizmo set. It's on my desk but I haven't used it in a long time, so no telling how far down I have to excavate to find it.

TSiWRX
06-18-2011, 09:35 AM
Oh wow, this is a *nice* little holster (purchased on 6/8, in-my-mailbox on 6/18 [took about 3 days from TX to NE-Ohio]).

I'm itching to carry it. Going out to pick up lunch in a few, can't wait to give her a spin. :)

--------------

OK, I'm back. ;)

Wow. :eek:

Just to recap, I got a Silent Thunder Slim II, standard clip, for my PM9.

I really am not all that fond of Kydex, in an IWB sense (OWB, I love it - my "class" holster is a Raven Phantom). I've always found all that plastic just a little too hard. My everyday holster for my primary carry, an XDm9 3.8 Compact, is a Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro, and supplementing that, occasionally, are a standard-cant MTAC and a CBST Delux.

The Silent Thunder Slim II is, quite surprisingly, very, very comfortable. IWB on my strong side, 3'o-clock, I practically forgot that it was there. Set up for as much cant as it can give me (since my car's seats are decently bolstered, and as I drive a stick), this holster/gun combo is actually now my most comfortable strong-side driving setup. I really couldn't believe it.

Performing the type of contortions that a father usually does to belt-in his daughter in the back seat and schlepping around bags of food or groceries, the holster feels 100% secure. I will have to test this on a longer timeline, but at least on today's short jaunt, there'd been no shifting of the holster, with a 1.5 inch Amish Belt serving as the anchor.

Great holster! :D

Bawanna
06-18-2011, 01:59 PM
Good deal, nice to hear it. I should get mine monday. It said it got mishipped whatever that means, mail screw up, not Garretts, but it's local so should be there. I was really hoping for yesterday.
I got mine for my Cbob since it usually is my belt gun, my PM45 rides nicely on my ankle to compliment it. There could very well be a ST in the future for it as well though.

TSiWRX
06-18-2011, 05:32 PM
Mail mishaps are routine where I live. In the summer months, our usual mail-people go on vacation, and there's always this one replacement that's, I swear, both dyslexic and reads upside-down.

Not to make light of dyslexia, but really....you'd figure that there was some kind of requirement, to be a mail-courier, right? :lol:

You'll find near half the neighborhood out and about, exchanging mail. :lol:

Bawanna
06-20-2011, 12:48 PM
Well ladies and gentlemen, Jocko and boys and girls my Garret Silent Thunder hit my desk about 2 minutes ago!:cheer2::cheer2:

I opened the box and pulled out a most beautiful piece of workmanship. It is absolutely drop dead gorgeous.
In my mind I pictured it being much much thicker and bulkier. Such is not the case. This bad boy is compact and thin, thinner than some kydex alone holsters I've seen and my Cbob drops into it like the loving arms of a long lost Angel.
I'm beside myself with happiness.
I've often thought Old Lincoln was a little over the top on these Garrett rigs but now I'm getting a ladder to get over the top myself.
Many thanks to those here for steering me to this rig and of course to Ron and Sheryl and crew for putting it together. I'm headed to their site now to extend my huge appreciation. I can see at least 4 more of these in my future.

I need to do a few ab crunches as my IWB capacity is nearly at it's limit with it's natural contents. My uniform pants might be a tad tight but I'm gonna work on changing that.

OldLincoln
06-20-2011, 02:20 PM
Some things are worth the sacrifice! Glad you like your ST (though it's no surprise).

MikeyKahr
06-20-2011, 08:36 PM
Glad to hear the ST finally made it and I'm even more happy to hear how happy you are with it! They are fantasticly made and very nice, we're looking forward to hearing about how it rides for you after a few days/weeks. And I'm sure auntie will be thrilled to hear about the ab crunches! :boink:

Bawanna
06-21-2011, 10:46 AM
I played around some with my shiney new Silent Thunder last night and found even though my uniform pants are pretty snug I was able to still get the holster in place. Wore it on the way home and then most of the evening. Even being snug it was quite comfortable. I tweaked the cant and ride height but think it might have been better in the middle position just like they shipped it. I'm usually partial to straight up with no forward cant but may find a little cant better on this rig.
The beauty is it's very easy to adjust and get just the way you want it. I figure I'll try my adjustment for a couple days and then put it back like it was shipped with and see which works best.

So far I'm just loving this holster. Just a fine piece of workmanship and it fits my Cbob like it grew around it. Amazing........

MikeyKahr
06-22-2011, 01:50 PM
Awesome to hear that you like it, Bawanna!

Brad737
06-28-2011, 08:50 AM
These holsters look really nice. But they're 25% more than the Crossbreed. If they have another sale, or offer a LEO discount, I'll get one. Otherwise, I'll order my 3rd Crossbreed.

OldLincoln
06-28-2011, 09:06 AM
According to Bawanna, they do offer a 15% discount to LE & Military.

Bawanna
06-28-2011, 09:18 AM
Sure enough. They said to just mention in the comments that you are LE and 15% off every day of the year. You can also call and ask for an LE code they will supply.
Worth every penny far as I'm concerned.

eaglefrq
06-28-2011, 09:35 AM
Call them and they will give you the discount code for Military/LE discount. I missed this discount and used the military discount so it was close to the same price.

This is a great holster and they are awesome people to deal with.

OldLincoln
06-28-2011, 10:35 AM
Okay, I just heard back from them. They DO offer a 15% discount for active Law Enforcement and Military. Call them and they will give you the "Coupon Code" to enter in the checkout process.

NOTE: This is an edit to remove making the code public due to the potential for abuse. Just call and confirm you qualify and they will give you the code.

Grapenutsrobot
06-28-2011, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the code but I think it will get abused posted in an open forum.

I contacted them and got the military discount just before the Khartalk limited time discount came out. They were nice enough to upgrade me to the 20% when I found this site.

I bought a Silent Thunder Slim, I like the holster and carry it daily. As far as kydex bolsters, I think the silent thunder is probably the best option. I will more than likely order a Tucker "the answer" though. I have one for a 1911 and find it much more comfortable for all day carry.

BroncoAZ
05-24-2012, 11:13 PM
I just got a Silent Thunder STX for my PM9 from a member here, now I want a Silent Thunder Champion. Anybody want to inquire about another Kahr Talk group buy?

ron61
06-09-2012, 10:17 AM
I just got a Silent Thunder STX for my PM9 from a member here, now I want a Silent Thunder Champion. Anybody want to inquire about another Kahr Talk group buy?

I think your inquiry will do. We can probably do something in about two weeks. Will keep you posted on the upcoming special.

BroncoAZ
06-09-2012, 11:27 AM
Sounds great, Thanks!

OldLincoln
06-09-2012, 11:50 AM
Gosh a year has gone by, wow, where did it go. Thanks Ron for your support for the forum members and great products. If I ever buy another gun you know where I'll get the holster. Of course it may be some kind of thermoelectric space gun by then.