PDA

View Full Version : Traded Ruger LC9 for PM9

fildugn
05-25-2011, 12:36 PM
A couple of weeks ago, I bought a NIB Ruger LC9 on line. I took it to the range yesterday and fired it around 50 times. I had trouble seeing the sights and the trigger pull was awful. It was perhaps the longest and stiffest semi-auto trigger I have ever felt.

I went to my Local FFL and he had a like new PM9 in his display case. It has the dark slide and night sights. After some dickering, I now own the PM9. I also own one of the new Kiber Solos and a SIG P290. It seems that this is my 9mm subcompact Spring.

Anything I should know about the PM9?

jocko
05-25-2011, 12:40 PM
go to the kahr tech section, hit on two great sticky's

#1 kahr lube chart

#2 propper prepping of ur new kahr.

You made the right trade.

BEARDOG
05-25-2011, 01:33 PM
Congrats on the new PM9. I think you will like the trigger on it a lot...WoW! Nice stable of mini 9's...How about a range report/ pictorial review comparing the sig and solo to the PM9 sometime you get a chance?

Bill K
05-25-2011, 01:45 PM
Welcome to Kahrtalk!

I see you've already got a Kahr so you pretty much know what you're getting into, trigger, sights, quality, etc, with the PM9. Good luck with the gun!

Bill K.

gagnejs8
05-25-2011, 05:11 PM
We like pictures!

CJB
05-25-2011, 05:56 PM
LC9 gone, PM9 in hand.... you done good!

fildugn
05-25-2011, 08:13 PM
The Solo and SIG P290 are both great pistols. As I said, I am buying Subcompct 9s this Spring. I had stayed away from Kahr until recently. A couple of years ago, I bought a NIB CW40. I took it to the range and fired a box of ammo through it. I had 44 out of 50 failure to return to battery with the pistol. I took the pistol home and wasn't able to disassemble the pistol. I went to the FFL who sold it to me and he couldn't get the pistol disassembled either. He refunded my $$ on the spot and I hadn't bought another Kahr until I traded for a different CW40 a few weeks ago. I liked it well enough to try a PM9. I Hope it works out for me.

I'll write a comparative review of the PM9, Kimber Solo and SIG P290 in a couple of weeks.

WilliamG
05-25-2011, 10:12 PM
I think the Sig P290 is the worst 9mm I've ever fired. To each his own. The trigger on the P290 is awful, awful, awful, and it's bigger, heavier, and Sig somehow made the grip smaller than the PM9, despite its greater dimensions. Like wtf?!

fildugn
05-26-2011, 08:03 PM
I think the Sig P290 is the worst 9mm I've ever fired. To each his own. The trigger on the P290 is awful, awful, awful, and it's bigger, heavier, and Sig somehow made the grip smaller than the PM9, despite its greater dimensions. Like wtf?!

The Solo has a better trigger than the P290. Believe it or not the P290 had a much better trigger than the LC9. I took the LC9 straight to the gun store and traded it for the PM9. Shot it once and traded it....That's bad.

The Solo's trigger is longer than the Kahrs but is considered a single action trigger and as such, the pistol has ambi safetys that look like mini 1911 safetys. The Solo is all metal and is a little hard to hold onto with full power ammo. They are making a Solo CDP model that has a checkered front and back strap. The CDP is pretty spendy though. I have about 450 rounds through the Solo with no failures of any Kind. I will have to shoot the Kahr more to have such confidence in it. I bought the PM to get higher the quality that I desire.

Ljutic
05-27-2011, 07:22 AM
I now own the PM9. I also own one of the new Kiber Solos and a SIG P290. It seems that this is my 9mm subcompact Spring.

Dude, you are my new bestest friend in the whole world. We share the same desire to own all the mini 9's. Please let us know what you think of the Solo and Sig 290. They are both on my "want" list, but I'd settle for wanting to know what you think of them before I keep considering them.

I managed to snag a Diamondback DB9 this week and expect to have it in hand next week. Love my PM9 and R9, but there is just something so irresistible about an 11 oz pocket 9mm.

gb6491
05-27-2011, 09:18 AM
I'll write a comparative review of the PM9, Kimber Solo and SIG P290 in a couple of weeks.
Welcome to the forums! Could you see your way to letting us have a sneak preview of all three together in a photo?:)
Regards,
Greg

BEARDOG
05-27-2011, 09:25 AM
I managed to snag a Diamondback DB9 this week and expect to have it in hand next week. Love my PM9 and R9, but there is just something so irresistible about an 11 oz pocket 9mm.

I am really interested in hearing and seeing your review of that little gun...You have more faith then a lot of guys, in buying a new model Diamondback:eek:! But, if it runs reliably it may be the only other mini 9 I would consider getting over my CM9. I have been waiting for them to hit the steet to get some reviews from new owners...Hope you like it!