PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another New Kahr Owner - PM9

SkeletonSlinky
06-01-2011, 02:24 PM
While I’m new to “posting” on this forum, I’m certainly not new to all the amazing advice, input and discussions! I started doing some research into what weapon I wanted for concealed carry back in March. I finally had it narrowed down to the Kel-tec P-11 or the PM9/CM9. It was this community that helped me make the great decision to buy my first (and second) Kahr! I ordered my new PM9 from GT Distributors and was told it might be a few months before they got it in (price was too good to pass up!). In the meantime, I came across a CM9 that was in stock at another shop and, again, at a great price…so I ordered it (figuring I’d have time to try it out and cancel my previous PM9 order). Two days later, my FFL calls and says he’s got my gun…the PM9!...two more days later and he’s got my other gun…the CM9! When it rains it pours!

Put my new PM9 through the Jocko Prep School (500 slide racks and all) and lubed it according to the excellent Kahr Lube Diagram, did Greg’s magazine follower modification to ensure that the follower didn’t contact the magazine latch and went off to the range…100+ trouble-free rounds so far with some 2” groups at 7 yds. I’ll be heading to the range again today.

Being very impressed / inspired by BEARDOG’s holster-making skills, I made my own pocket holster and, once I get through the rest of the 200 FMJ break-in rounds and test some SD rounds, I’ll be ready to carry my new PM9! As for the CM9, I haven’t decided what to do with that…either my wife or my son will probably be the honored recipient! By the way, I can attest to the fact that they are, indeed, identical in size, shape, etc. with only the minor, known differences!

In any event, I wanted to let you know that I’ve been very impressed with this “community”…clearly there are a lot of quality members with loads of great experience and knowledge. I’m glad to be a member and proud to be a Kahr owner. Hopefully I’ll be able to contribute for the good of the cause!

Brian

jocko
06-01-2011, 02:31 PM
having two good working kahrs ia already a great contribution. by doing some of the pre prep stuff, u not only enhanced the over all performkance but you also got to know the gun before that first shot was fired. The cm9 is stealing the show on this forum, as all have worked great, just like the PM9, which is my favorite.

welcome aboard, if u can find a better more friendly and definitely more informative forum. ket us all know.

Bill K
06-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Welcome to Kahrtalk!

Also bought my PM9 from GT Distributors @ a great price.

Best of luck with both your Kahr nines.

Bill K.

Bawanna
06-01-2011, 02:43 PM
You are now also our GO TO GUY for comparisons between the PM and CM. If your looking to adopt a child to bestow that CM on I'm completely up for grabs. I'm pondering getting one for my wife if/when we determine SHE likes it and can operate it.

It's kind of cool to learn that people we arent even aware of are benefitting from some of the conversations and discussions we toss around here. The internet world is a big ole place for sure.

Welcome, no more lurking. Speak and be heard when you find the time.

Lastly I totally dig your screen name. SkeletonSlinky, how cool is that. Alot of creative thinkers around here.

I just used my real name, who'd a thunk.

melissa5
06-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Welcome to the forum, SS!

Old Salt
06-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Brian, welcome to the forum. I have the CW45,CW9 and the PM9 all three have been 100% and great shooters.

MW surveyor
06-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Welcome to the forum.

TheTman
06-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Welcome to the forum SkeletonSlinky. You can't ever have too many guns can you?
So now you got one to go with jeans and a t shirt, and a nicer one to go with a suit. LOL.

BEARDOG
06-01-2011, 06:48 PM
Welcome SkeletonSlinky,
You have two really nice new pistols now! You are right about this forum there is a lot good knowledge and reference material on here. I just the other day used Gregs excellent pics and info on adjusting the slide stop spring.
As far as the holster, thank's, I am glad you where able to make your own holster, It is kinda cool and rewarding to roll your own, so to speak. :)

SkeletonSlinky
06-01-2011, 09:22 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! Jocko, this is clearly the place to be...great forum. Had another perfect evening at the range...ran another 50 fmj's (115 gr Federals) through and a few 115 gr Hornady Critical Defense rounds...all without a hitch. My PM9 sure liked the Hornadys...4 out of 5 in 1-1/2" @ 10 yds. Really made a mess of the 3 of hearts (I use playing cards for targets)!

BEARDOG, you're right, the DIY option really is rewarding and this forum is such a big help...still putting the finishing touches on my holster...the leather molding came out great...1st time I ever tried that. Learned alot from your pictures and post. Thanks.

Bawana, I think my oldest son, who just got his carry permit 6 months ago, might be a little miffed if I adopt you and give you "his" pistol...sorry!

Once I get my PM9 ready for EDC, it'll be on to the CM!