PDA

View Full Version : PM9 JHP choke

rwblue01
06-02-2011, 02:09 PM
I bought a PM9. So far I have only run some Wolf through it.

I have my normal JHP I will test, but.....

Here is my question, is there any particular JHP that makes some PM9s choke.

Or to put it another way, does the PM9 hate 115gr or 147gr or Hornady or Federal or Corbon or......

Thunder71
06-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Mine eats everything I have put through it so far.

Remington Ultimate HD
Hornady CD
Then all the bulk stuff I run (whatever is cheaper/available at the time)

jocko
06-02-2011, 03:31 PM
just buy good american brand HP ammo and u should be OK. Many here love golddot 124 grain, kahrs test shoots their guns with 124 grain ammo. Corbon works great. actually kahrs are not ammo sensitive either. Find what works perfect and IMO just stick with it. They are all good, but reliability has to be #1

I have not found one round that won't go bang in my pM9, I do try to stay away from alot of sales price foreign stuff, just because I can go to Wal mart and buy their 100Pak of wwb with my wifes 10% discount for a tad under $20 and it is good range fodder.

If I was to buy some unknown foreign brand of ammo and fully knowing nadda about it and it didn't work perfect for range fodder, I probalby would not loose any sleep over it either, as it is what it is. also would give me some TAP, RACK AND BANG drills that I definitely don't practice enough.

I don't know why we sometimes go out and buy a very expensive gun and then the first thing we look for is some bargain basement ammo that we think all ammo's are alike and as u know they are not..

rwblue01
06-02-2011, 04:03 PM
If I was to buy some unknown foreign brand of ammo and fully knowing nadda about it and it didn't work perfect for range fodder, I probalby would not loose any sleep over it either, as it is what it is. also would give me some TAP, RACK AND BANG drills that I definitely don't practice enough.

I don't know why we sometimes go out and buy a very expensive gun and then the first thing we look for is some bargain basement ammo that we think all ammo's are alike and as u know they are not..

It must be what I do for a living, but I am always looking for what doesn't work. How light or heavy a load causes issues? How light or heavy a projectile causes issues? Once I know the limits I generally play inside those limits.

As far as shooting wolf or anything else, I have a stash of ammo. When I went out I grabbed two boxes. One was Wolf, the other ....? I started out with the wolf knowing that I didn't want to pick up brass. As is, I didn't have enough time to shoot an entire box of wolf.

For tap, rack, bang drills I usually slip in some practice ammo. It doesn't have enough power to chamber the next round on any of my guns and was about the price of 22LR so I got several thousand rounds.

RogerP9fan
06-02-2011, 04:27 PM
Hope mine likes Federal HST 147g +P (sounds snappy) have never fired them yet....we'll see..I carry SGD 124g +P in my G26.

wyntrout
06-02-2011, 04:37 PM
Speer Gold Dots... 124-gr +P Short Barrel. The SBs only seem to come in 20-round boxes, but seem worth the extra money for SELF defense.

Wynn:)

crazymailman
06-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Mine eats 115gr Gold Dots and even my 115 JHP reloads.