PDA

View Full Version : Great Little Grip for CM9

nelly
06-03-2011, 05:25 PM
Hey All, Put another 100 mixed rounds downrange today,all without any issues.Want to share a grip that I found on this forum(sorry don't remember the postee)It's a slip on made by Qwikgrip.com and it's thinner than the usual Hogue or Pachmayers.Only cost $12.95 + $5.65 shipping and made a big difference from shooting it plain.It also doesn't add any bulk like the Hogues.Thank you for the post whoever you are.:) The Model# for the Kahr PM & CM's is 3A......

Bawanna
06-03-2011, 05:29 PM
That was TucsonMTB! Great looking grip. I don't have one YET, but I will. I think its the nicest and cleanest looking of all the store bought grips I've seen.

Only took me about 6 times to remember who originally posted that. Guess my ahlzeimer medication is finally taking a hold.

nelly
06-03-2011, 05:33 PM
Thank you TusconMTB! They really make a difference!!! Thanks Bawanna I cant remember S_ _ _T anymore....

MikeyKahr
06-03-2011, 08:41 PM
S_ _ _T

SmarT? SquaT? ShorT? :photo:

paul34
06-03-2011, 10:28 PM
SmarT? SquaT? ShorT? :photo:

I'd like to buy a vowel.

TucsonMTB
06-03-2011, 10:43 PM
Thank you TusconMTB! They really make a difference!!! Thanks Bawanna I cant remember S_ _ _T anymore....
Glad you are pleased, as am I after many range visits. :D

http://viewsfromtucson.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Kahr_PM40.jpg

Anyone else interested can visit http://www.qwikgrip.com/page2.htm for sizing details.

Bawanna
06-03-2011, 10:44 PM
Did the mail man come to your house today Tucson?

TucsonMTB
06-03-2011, 10:56 PM
Did the mail man come to your house today Tucson?
It may have been an impostor, Bawanna. All he left were some junk mail and a couple of bills. Needless to say, I was slightly disappointed. Rumor has it he will be back tomorrow. I will be watching for a photo opportunity and have a range trip with the CBOB already planned. :D

Bawanna
06-03-2011, 11:02 PM
Figured it would be there by now. I'm slightly dissapointed too.

TucsonMTB
06-03-2011, 11:57 PM
That your package has not arrived is more concerning than the fact that I also did not win the Mega Millions lottery today either. I wasn't too hopeful about the lottery. I figured your package would arrive today, since you originally estimated yesterday.

Ya' know, we've also been having some problems with Santa's deliveries in recent Christmas seasons. :hurt:

Bawanna
06-04-2011, 12:05 AM
That your package has not arrived is more concerning than the fact that I also did not win the Mega Millions lottery today either. I wasn't too hopeful about the lottery. I figured your package would arrive today, since you originally estimated yesterday.

Ya' know, we've also been having some problems with Santa's deliveries in recent Christmas seasons. :hurt:

I'm more concerned with a thumbs up or down than a photo op.
Gotta see how I rate to Esmerelda who makes good stuff. Oh well guess we'll see if they show tomorrow.

Joe L
06-04-2011, 07:15 AM
That QwikGrip is a lot cleaner than my hand made. For anyone wanting to experiment or for those who want a lot thicker add-on grip, you can try any of several kinds of racket grip tape like the one shown below. But you have to trim both sides for mag release clearance. For the PM40, the top wrap just under the slide is where the benefit can really be felt during recoil. For the CM9, the tape just helps with larger hands and makes the grip identical to the PM40.
http://joelynch.smugmug.com/photos/i-8GZt782/0/M/i-8GZt782-M.jpg

Joe L
06-05-2011, 07:43 AM
One more thing to consider. I need to trim a little more of the grip tape from the area around the mag release. The grip tape it thick enough to prevent easily pushing in the mag release as shown in the photo. Other than that, I like this rather crude grip modification so far.
Joe

JFootin
06-05-2011, 04:36 PM
Thanks! I am getting a CM9 and that looks perfect for it!

billpocz
06-08-2011, 05:29 AM
Ordered mine today!

Knobby Grip Reduction Act of 2011! Can't wait!!

Bill

mcernik
07-19-2011, 12:14 PM
Do you think the qwikgrip would need to be trimmed for a Crimson Trace laser install?

TucsonMTB
07-19-2011, 12:32 PM
Not according to the fellow who tried that combination several weeks ago and posted a picture of the two together. He said they fit together well with no modifications.

Edited to add a link to his post: http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=6940&highlight=qwik+grip

mcernik
07-19-2011, 12:59 PM
Thx for the info and link..

JFootin
07-19-2011, 01:03 PM
Glad you are pleased, as am I after many range visits. :D

http://viewsfromtucson.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Kahr_PM40.jpg

Anyone else interested can visit http://www.qwikgrip.com/page2.htm for sizing details.

I got one for my CM9. It Fits perfectly, just as in the photo. When I got it, it was kind of whitish and oxidized looking. So, as I wipe my pistol with a silicone cloth, I wipe the grip, too. It makes the rubber darker and fresher looking. (I wipe the polymer, as well. It makes it look better, too)

Thank you, TucsonMTB, for the recommendation! :)

TucsonMTB
07-19-2011, 02:54 PM
Thx for the info and link..
Happy to be able to help . . .

I got one for my CM9. It Fits perfectly, just as in the photo. When I got it, it was kind of whitish and oxidized looking. So, as I wipe my pistol with a silicone cloth, I wipe the grip, too. It makes the rubber darker and fresher looking. (I wipe the polymer, as well. It makes it look better, too)

Thank you, TucsonMTB, for the recommendation! :)
My pleasure, JFootin! As delightful as your well polished toy is, it deserves the most elegant grip solution possible. :D

It's good to hear that the molding residue wiped right off. The fellow who distributes these is very conscientious . . . to the point that he sent me a replacement for a miss-packaged (wrong size) grip I received from Lone Wolf, even though it was not his fault!

I am hopeful he gets his order process worked out soon (probably eBay) so that more people can conveniently enjoy this attractive grip solution.

JFootin
07-19-2011, 04:10 PM
Yeah, Barry is a nice guy. I hope he gets his ordering worked out, too. I had to mail him a personal check, but he turned it around pretty quickly.

readingbill
07-21-2011, 08:51 AM
I sent him a money order and same thing- I had the 3a grip for my PM9 within a week. I wish I had ordered a spare just to keep on hand. I like it much better than the Hogue Handall Jr.

allglock
07-21-2011, 06:14 PM
I wish they still made the Butler Creek ones, like in my picture. I only have one left! They are the thinnest I have ever seen.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/allglock/100_4664.jpg

TucsonMTB
07-21-2011, 07:31 PM
I wish they still made the Butler Creek ones, like in my picture. I only have one left! They are the thinnest I have ever seen.

Nice! They certainly appear to be very thin.

Do you know what size yours are? When I bought mine, Butler Creek marketed their grips as "Uncle Mikes". I still have a couple of "Uncle Mikes" "Universal Slip-On Custom Grade Grips for small to medium frame autos" new in the package. The package is labeled "#59601 Small". They fit my Kel-Tec P-3AT perfectly and might stretch enough to go on the PM40, but I am afraid to try. It would be a shame to destroy one of the last pairs I know of.

The ones I have measure 0.050" in thickness, relaxed and just out of the package. The Qwik Grips for my PM40 are pretty close at 0.065" in thickness measured with the same cheap, dial-indicating calipers.

Part of the difference may be that the edge of the Qwik Grip has a rounded bead, unlike the entirely flat edge of the "Uncle Mikes". Also, the Qwik Grip rubber material feels a little more dense. But, they are both very thin and smooth once installed on their respective pistols.

If your Butler Creek grips ever need replacement, I think you might be happy with a Qwik Grip. :)

allglock
07-21-2011, 08:43 PM
Nice! They certainly appear to be very thin.

Do you know what size yours are? When I bought mine, Butler Creek marketed their grips as "Uncle Mikes". I still have a couple of "Uncle Mikes" "Universal Slip-On Custom Grade Grips for small to medium frame autos" new in the package. The package is labeled "#59601 Small". They fit my Kel-Tec P-3AT perfectly and might stretch enough to go on the PM40, but I am afraid to try. It would be a shame to destroy one of the last pairs I know of.

The ones I have measure 0.050" in thickness, relaxed and just out of the package. The Qwik Grips for my PM40 are pretty close at 0.065" in thickness measured with the same cheap, dial-indicating calipers.

Part of the difference may be that the edge of the Qwik Grip has a rounded bead, unlike the entirely flat edge of the "Uncle Mikes". Also, the Qwik Grip rubber material feels a little more dense. But, they are both very thin and smooth once installed on their respective pistols.

If your Butler Creek grips ever need replacement, I think you might be happy with a Qwik Grip. :)

I know they are size small... I will check the packaging for the part number.

Rainman48314
07-21-2011, 10:09 PM
I bought the same grip for my PM9. It made it a better gun for sure.

Rainman

Rainman48314
07-21-2011, 10:15 PM
The web site does NOT list a size for the Ruger LC9. Does anyone know if there is a model available and that the web list is just out of date?

TucsonMTB
07-21-2011, 11:03 PM
The web site does NOT list a size for the Ruger LC9. Does anyone know if there is a model available and that the web list is just out of date?
That might be a good question for Barry <qwikgripusa@yahoo.com> . . . the owner. ;)

I'm guessing a size 2 would work because it fit my CW40 so well and they are similar in dimensions, I believe. But, Barry is more likely to know than I am.

Tilos
07-21-2011, 11:05 PM
Inner Tube Grip
So thin the grip texture prints through it.
Tilos

JFootin
07-22-2011, 06:57 AM
Cool!

Rainman48314
07-22-2011, 01:13 PM
That might be a good question for Barry <qwikgripusa@yahoo.com> . . . the owner. ;)

I'm guessing a size 2 would work because it fit my CW40 so well and they are similar in dimensions, I believe. But, Barry is more likely to know than I am.I wrote Barry and he says a size 3, not 3a. Remember this is the 9mm, not the LCP .380

thumbs
07-26-2011, 06:24 PM
LOL That's funny. I thought I was the only cheap B that would make grips out of an inner tube. I have put a few "tube grips" on before. I made on for the cm9 and it's great!! I will admit it does slip a bit at times. Not much and not often but it can. Not really a problem but it does. I think a dab or two of rubber cement will do the trick. Very thin, very tactile and very cheap. LOL I may get a store bought one later but these really aren't so bad.

Bawanna
07-26-2011, 06:34 PM
I had the inner tube grip on my PM45 from the very first range trip. I later broke down and got a store bought Hogue but they got nothing on the innertube. I kind of like the palm swell but many don't and I could get along fine without. As Tilos said they are so thin the grip texture shows thru which just improves the grip but eliminates the harsh bite. Sort of like a Pit Bull with rubber teeth so to speak. I intend to get a qwik grip one of these days. I just think they are the cleanest and nicest fitting grips I've seen for these Kahrs.

JFootin
07-26-2011, 07:10 PM
Yeah. I have a Qwik-Grip on my CM9. It fits perfectly. But I also bought two Agrips for it, and I intend to see if they might be an improvement. (Someone said that one is so thin that the grip texture shows through, but two smooths it out while not being bulky.) As I understand it, they are smooth when positioning your fingers and hand on the grip, yet provide a super grip when squeezed. I find the tackiness of the Qwik-Grip hinders my hand placement on the grip a little bit.

Edit: But I definitely want something to cover the cheese graters on the front and the back.

Does anyone know how to do stipling?

Internet Blohard
07-26-2011, 07:31 PM
Do these folks make a size for the P380?

At the moment, mine is sporting an inner-tube. I just cannot stand the stock grip surfaces on most polymer pistols.

Bawanna
07-26-2011, 07:33 PM
I've taken Armor All, the stuff for shining up your dash board and sidewalls of your tires to rubber grips before. It takes away some of the tackiness, some say I'm still tacky but my grips ain't.

Just want to make sure you don't over do it so they become slippery, like the running boards on Jocko's Hog.

thumbs
07-26-2011, 08:02 PM
Has anyone used rubber cement to help hold the inner tube grip in place? It stays pretty well but a bit better would be nice. I was wondering if the rubber cement would harm the poly.

Bawanna
07-26-2011, 08:37 PM
Seems like I recall someone using hair spray. It helps slip the tube on but then makes it kind of sticky once it's in place. I'm not sure if this provides a dippity due bounce or lots of body but suspect it probably matters little.

I don't think I'd be putting rubber cement on any of my guns but it might work fine.

thumbs
07-26-2011, 08:41 PM
You may be right. A guy said to use double sided tape. The thin clear stuff from a store like Staples. I may give that a try. it diesnt need much just needs a little help.

MikeG
07-26-2011, 09:08 PM
I use hairspray for my motorcycle grips and they don't slip, just let it dry overnight. Also might try the skinny 27" x 1 1/4" tube, took a little heat(2-3 secs over a bic) to work onto my pm9 but I don't think it's going anywhere.

thumbs
07-26-2011, 09:31 PM
Yeah I think mine are 1.95's. That smaller tube may be just the ticket.

Screendmon
07-27-2011, 05:39 AM
I'll wait till they accept PayPal. Hopefully soon.

TucsonMTB
07-27-2011, 09:17 AM
I'll wait till they accept PayPal. Hopefully soon.
Depending on the size, you can often find them on eBay . . . usually offered in the sizes for Glocks. :rolleyes:

Bear549
07-27-2011, 10:16 AM
Check out Talon Grips as well. Fits to the gun very nicely. On sale, $10.99 with free shipping.

http://talongungrips.com/

Tilos
07-27-2011, 10:32 AM
thumbs:

Buy a smaller size tube and wet it with alcohol for installation.

If you want it to stop sliding around, just roll up the bottom and put on a little HAIR SPRAY and roll the tube back down on the grip...I use AquaNet;).
Stop by any bike shop and ask for the tubes they threw away...they will have many.

just sayin'
Tilos

wyntrout
07-27-2011, 11:03 AM
I used a 1.75" tube and started with the largest pistol... mistakes may fit the smaller guns. Watch out for the talcum inside the tube!

Don't let the tube cover the magazine release in any way, or get in the way of the magazine and magazine well.

The inside of the tube looks better and has less "seams".

A bare grip feels too rough and slick to me now. The tube is just right and doesn't detract from the guns' looks... IMHO.

I don't understand why anyone has a problem moving the tube around... the rubber is very stretchy and you can just grab it with both sets of thumbs and fingers, stretch it out, and move it around!

Wynn:)

thumbs
07-27-2011, 04:43 PM
Wynn

I don't think the problem is moving the tube, I think it's in keeping it in the same place. Mine will move but not much. I do think a bit smaller tube may work better. It's just the tubes I had around. I think they are very comfortable. Better than stock anyway.

OldLincoln
07-27-2011, 06:48 PM
My Qwik Grip arrived today and is now on the PM9. I like it and will shoot it tomorrow.

motorcityfred
08-06-2011, 03:33 PM
I just received my new qwik grip for my cm9 and it fit's and feels great and Barry ( must be the owner ) also sent me a complimentary pen oiler with my order. Very fast turn around on my order ( about ten days with my personal check and from cal to mich ) Very happy with his product's and customer service.......:33:

TheTman
08-06-2011, 03:55 PM
The Houge people said to wet your grip down with Windex before trying to slip on a Handall Jr. and make sure it's warm. Should work with other grips. Haven't had any problem with the Handall moving around.

Cornhusker
08-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Hey All, Put another 100 mixed rounds downrange today,all without any issues.Want to share a grip that I found on this forum(sorry don't remember the postee)It's a slip on made by Qwikgrip.com and it's thinner than the usual Hogue or Pachmayers.Only cost $12.95 + $5.65 shipping and made a big difference from shooting it plain.It also doesn't add any bulk like the Hogues.Thank you for the post whoever you are.:) The Model# for the Kahr PM & CM's is 3A......

I received mine yesterday and installed it. I really like it but haven't been to the range yet with it. :(

bege
08-07-2011, 06:17 PM
Personally I have no problem going bare.

handlebar
08-09-2011, 07:59 AM
you want thin, use a bike tube.
http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss296/handlebar/IMG_1433.jpg

TucsonMTB
08-09-2011, 09:26 AM
you want thin, use a bike tube.
True. But, some folks are more fussy about appearances. I mean, if you can't have elegant wooden grip panels, like a 1911, you have to settle for more elegant grip sleeves. A nice grip sleeve can even make a POS like my smallest Kel-Tec look presentable. Ok, sort of presentable. Would you believe not too ugly?* :o

*With apologies to Mr. Maxwell Smart.

http://home.mindspring.com/%7Ejustsomeguy/P3_Grip_DeS.JPG

And, before anyone whines about it, the bit of the grip that covers the magazine release was trimmed off after this picture was taken. ;)

Edited to add: Oh, and the grip is an "Uncle Mike's" that is no longer in production, unfortunately. :(

Quickdraw
08-09-2011, 01:43 PM
Initially I would have thought that this little pistol would work my hand raw but that hasn't been the case. Recoil is less than I imagined. One day I shot 175 rounds in a few hours and my hand was starting to feel it a little but on a 60 round day it's no big deal.

MrToad
08-17-2011, 07:40 AM
I may just pick one of these Quikgrips up, but holy smokes, I have to mail in a check? That means I've got to remember how to write, and those pens I have, shoot, I have to find one of those rubber grip thingys for the pen to make it comfortable to write. Oh yes, have to find some stamps. Geez, what do those run nowadays? Hm, 3¢ in 1863, 6¢ when I was born in the 60s, so it only doubled in 100+ years, but now 44¢ in only a few decades? :p

Okay, kidding aside, I think the Quikgrip might be the ticket with my CT that I got exchanged.**

** There's a story with that, but I need to get some pictures.

OldLincoln
08-17-2011, 10:39 AM
I bought my Qwik Grip from Lone Wolf Distributors (http://kahrtalk.com/www.lonewolfdist.com) for $9.99 ($13.55 shipped). Credit card okay. I got size 3 which fit my PM9 fine.

TucsonMTB
08-17-2011, 12:49 PM
I bought my Qwik Grip from Lone Wolf Distributors (http://kahrtalk.com/www.lonewolfdist.com) for $9.99 ($13.55 shipped). Credit card okay. I got size 3 which fit my PM9 fine.
Hey OldLinclon!

For some reason, your link did not work for me. Here's a link directly to their catalog (http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Products.aspx?CAT=84). ;)

MrToad
08-18-2011, 08:34 AM
Thanks gents for the links. I knew there had to be a simpler means via the interwebs.:D

You folks are a never-ending font of knowledge!

zaaa
08-18-2011, 05:34 PM
Another bike tube that has a bit of texture to it. $6 at Target.

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/cm9-grip.jpg?w=4f243568

krgun
08-19-2011, 12:59 PM
Just installed Qwik Grip #3 on my CM9. I like it a lot! It's made for a Glock, but fits like a glove on the CM9/PM9. As indicated above, you ca get it online under lone wolf distributes, or on Ebay.

MBFD
09-07-2011, 02:05 PM
PM9 w/Crimson Trace - Quick Grip 3 or 3A?

Cornhusker
09-07-2011, 02:26 PM

I got my qwik grip for my cw9 from the same place for the same price. I used size 2 for the CW. Could have saved a few pennies had I got a #3 from them for my CM9. Much quicker using credit card.

yqtszhj
09-07-2011, 09:08 PM
I like the hogue grip Jr. I put on my CM9. It is a good thing.

mark5612
09-07-2011, 09:30 PM
In addition to providing an more comfortable surface to hang onto, do these type of grips also provide a slightly tacky feel. If so, do they still allow your cover garment to slide freely over the grip, or does the garment get hung up and create a printing situation? I have no experience with them but it seems that a cover garment (i.e. a tee shirt) might get hung up on a rubbery surface. Sorry if this is a dumb question.:rolleyes:

Bawanna
09-07-2011, 09:45 PM
In addition to providing an more comfortable surface to hang onto, do these type of grips also provide a slightly tacky feel. If so, do they still allow your cover garment to slide freely over the grip, or does the garment get hung up and create a printing situation? I have no experience with them but it seems that a cover garment (i.e. a tee shirt) might get hung up on a rubbery surface. Sorry if this is a dumb question.:rolleyes:

Not a dumb question at all. They do grab a little, some more than others. I haven't got a qwik grip yet but I think they tend to grab less.
Many who pocket carry don't like the rubbery surface like on the hogue that I have. They really do improve the grip comfort and control alot and worth it to me.

TucsonMTB
09-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Good question actually . . .

I can't comment on the Hogue grips, but the QwikGrips are NOT sticky and do not create any problems for me, even with a lot of the grip above a Remora on those rare occasions when I carry in the waist band.

Hopefully, someone else can comment on those ugly to my eye Hogue grips. ;)

Edited to add: Sure enough while I was typing slowly, Bawanna came through for you. :)

gundawg
09-20-2011, 12:36 PM
Qwik Grip # 3 ordered from Lone wolf, fits perfect, just to back up what others have said. Took about 5 min to slide it up, but after i was done, it fit my hand perfect. I will test it out the next few days.