PDA

View Full Version : PM45 Factory 6 rd Magazine

zx6rpete
06-03-2011, 07:01 PM
I searched and searched but couldn't find a pic of the PM45 with the factory extended 6 round magazine? I'm curious how clean it fits. I'm trying to decided between the P45 and PM45 and the ability of getting a 6 rd mag for the PM would be a big advantage. Thanks.

wyntrout
06-03-2011, 07:18 PM
Here they all are. The last one (#5) is the 6-round extended grip. An Officer's 6 or 7 rounder will take up less space... less protrusion, but most need some modification and may not keep the slide back on empty.

http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1854&highlight=pm45+magazines

Wynn:)

Bawanna
06-03-2011, 07:31 PM
It's a 45, how many does it take?

wyntrout
06-03-2011, 07:35 PM
At least ONE hit per BG. Repeat as necessary!

One to a customer, but up to a mag or two, as needed, or when in doubt!

Wynn:D

zx6rpete
06-03-2011, 07:50 PM
Well crap, I ran across that post but the first couple pics looked like someone was shoving all kinds of weird fitting mags up in it. THEN I noticed the horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of my screen, I scrolled, I found exactly what I was looking for, and now feel like an idiot. :blushing: Guess the only way to redeem myself is to buy a new Kahr at the gun show tomorrow. :)

wyntrout
06-03-2011, 08:01 PM
Hey! I'm going to the one here in Jacksonville tomorrow... early afternoon... or later.

I usually grab the hurricane stash and take it with me, but bring it all back and put it away. My 65th birthday is about 3 weeks away and if I find something I just NEED, I have an excuse... more than usual, anyhow.

Wynn:D

O'Dell
06-03-2011, 10:23 PM
Not 65 yet aye, kid. :)

Bawanna
06-03-2011, 10:36 PM
Well crap, I ran across that post but the first couple pics looked like someone was shoving all kinds of weird fitting mags up in it. THEN I noticed the horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of my screen, I scrolled, I found exactly what I was looking for, and now feel like an idiot. :blushing: Guess the only way to redeem myself is to buy a new Kahr at the gun show tomorrow. :)

I get that idiot feeling all the time. You guys go buy a gun. Tell whoever matters that Jocko said it was ok.

CJB
06-04-2011, 05:48 AM
Gimme a few days, and I'll have a report on putting Sig baseplates on the PM45 magazine. Looks like it wont stick "down" further, but will stick out where the fingers rest. Fortunately... if you don't like that, you can sand/file/grind/mojo it into a more comfy configuration, as there is nothing up there but lots of plastic waiting to be carved away. I think it will work, hesitation on the spring tension though, which will be slightly less. I guess that can be overcome but at what price, since as it is the bases and retainers are $15 (nearly), and adding a spring to that would be cost prohibitive.