PDA

View Full Version : new P9 range report

Kartar
06-04-2011, 11:11 PM
I just bought my first Kahr and my P9 has a black finish with night sites. At the range I fired 100 rounds of Winchester NATO 124 grain, 25 of 124gr. Fiocchi HP's and 25 of Gold Dot 124gr. HP's. It was well lubricated from the factory and so I just shot it as is. The P9 worked perfectly and I am very happy with it. The only difficulty was getting the recoil spring back in, it is very stiff. I'm a big Glock fan and bought the P9 because it is lighter and slimmer than my G26.

jocko
06-05-2011, 05:55 AM
u realy outta go to the kahr trech section and hit on two stickys

#1 Kalorh lube chart

#2 propper prepping of ur new kahr.

u really should have cleaned and checked overthe gun first. gladf it all worked oput OK fo ryou, great gun, welcome to the forum.

ripley16
06-05-2011, 07:05 AM
It was well lubricated from the factory...

My FFL has a miniature derrick that he places over new Kahr cases, drills a tiny hole, and 9 out of 10 times, he hits a gusher! ;)

Congrats on the new P9. Black with night sights make the P9 a very attractive CCW. That NATO ammo is my favorite practice round... it mimics many carry rounds in feel and accuracy, but at half the cost. Enjoy your new pistol.

The only difficulty was getting the recoil spring back in, it is very stiff.

That's a learning curve type thing. It will get easier as you do it a couple times and find a good technique. I have a heavy 22# spring in my P9, so I feel your pain... so to speak.

jocko
06-05-2011, 09:22 AM
possably my point, if alot of lubricant got in the striker channel, u can expect to have fast build up in that channel which can certainly cause light strikes...

Kartar
06-05-2011, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the replies. I checked out the (very helpful) stickies, cleaned and lubed accordingly, including the striker channel. Today I fired another 50 rounds of SD 124 ammo with no problems. A really fantastic gun!

RogerP9fan
06-05-2011, 10:21 PM
Congrats and welcome.