PDA

View Full Version : New Kahr for CCW CW9 PM9 or P9 ??

Zertek
12-14-2009, 07:21 AM
Which one for CCW IWB and what should I expect through break-in ??
Thanks

jocko
12-14-2009, 11:54 AM
If your gonna strickly carry IWB, defnitely go witht he P9, if u ever think of pocket carry definitley the PM9. The P9 is just one awesome peace.

Expect perfection, it will deliver that, break in with good fmj ammo, gun should be precleaned and lubed, make sure recoil springs are on correctly, READ THE OWNERS MANUAL. Use the slide lock lever to load that first round, as the manual tells you, once you get the gun running perfect and u are very familiar with it, then try hand racking also. U shold be able to hand rack the P9 with ease IMO but start out with what the manual tells you. Super nice gun, If ur gonna order it go ahead and order it with night sights already installed. saves time and money. break in with fmj ammo, forget the defense stuff until you feel it is running right, then pick the round of ur choice, test it out and then stay with it..

cobraetti
12-14-2009, 04:42 PM
love my P9 had a few feed issues the 1st 100 rounds and only 1 the 2nd 100 rounds after a clean and lube. perfect fit in my hand and carry size...........

kpm9
12-14-2009, 05:29 PM
Any of the above will work very well. For IWB the PM9/P9 are really only slightly diff in size. Both will conceal IWM under a t-shirt. That's why they're so good.

Well that and the accuracy for such a small weapon.

MattTheKnife
12-15-2009, 08:38 AM
Which model to buy: either are great choices. I prefer the standard frame models for the increased velocity and accuracy potential. I actually had the grip of my CW9 cut to the PM size; I have the best of both models.

What to expect during the initial break-in: Jocko pretty much said it all.

PaiN
12-17-2009, 08:11 PM
I went with the CW9 simply for the price compared to the P9. Same gun no fluff...
But when I was shopping for it I was tempted as hell to throw common sense to the wind and get the beautiful Black stainless steel P9 w/night sights for $760+ tax the shop had in the case :cool:

wyntrout
12-17-2009, 09:06 PM
PaiN, I hear ya. Those black slide models look SO good. I really don't care for the two-tone, though I used to not think about anything but stainless. Well, Kahr has the polymer stuff down pat and it's a lot easier to carry... and it doesn't rust, either.
I ordered the night-sighted P380 as soon as they started shipping the regular-sighted ones... THEN I found out that version wasn't shipping 'til Fall. Well, Fall is about done and the status of my intended doesn't seem to be in any hurry to change. I really wanted a blackslided PM45 with night sights... but I knew that I wouldn't be carrying it... shorts and T-shirts or Polos(dress up) most of the year down here. I finally ordered some Land's End shorts with belt loops and I have a Crossbreed minituck waiting for the P380. I've been carrying an SS Walther .22 TPH in cheap Uncle Mikes IWB holsters and I'm always checking to see if it's riding up and out-- real concealed when you keep checking to see if it's about to fall out! So I'm looking forward to the P380N in a decent holster with a decent defense load... Hornady Critical Defense or maybe Buffalo Bore's 90-grain bonded JHP +P load. I'll certainly feel a lot better with that setup.
That CW9 has a good reputation and you have all kinds of ammo to choose from... and it should be cheaper to shoot that than .380ACP now. Enjoy it!