PDA

View Full Version : Self defense

earle8888
06-16-2011, 05:41 PM
The Ohio Congress has passed and sent to the Governor for signature!
Restaurant carry=== legal to carry CCW in restaurants that have class D liquor license, that is sale by the drink. Provided CCW does not drink.

Bawanna
06-16-2011, 05:45 PM
The Ohio Congress has passed and sent to the Governor for signature!
Restaurant carry=== legal to carry CCW in restaurants that have class D liquor license, that is sale by the drink. Provided CCW does not drink.

The restaurant carry bill of course doesn't effect me much, I'm happy for the folks in Ohio.

The last line of your signature does however make my heart sing!

No truer words have ever been spoken.

MikeyKahr
06-17-2011, 08:27 PM
Hey earle8888, the bill passed the legislature, but we still have to wait for the Governor to sign it. AND then we have to wait 90 days. It will be interesting to see how many bars and restaurants put up the no guns signs (which they have every right to do). It will be sad to have to stop going certain places again that post, but if they don't want me there, they must not want my money either.

earle8888
06-18-2011, 09:05 PM
MikeKahr not sure on the 90 days!
Yep on the signs! Real PItA, BUT!
After this is signed then on to establishing the downside and obligation for putting up signs!!!!!

MikeyKahr
06-18-2011, 09:36 PM
The 90 day wait is absolute in Ohio, no shortcuts allowed. The law doesn't go into effect until 90 days after Kasich signs it (which I'm expecting he will if he wants to serve more than one term). That's why the sooner he signs it the better for us. Let's hope he doesn't wait through the whole summer due to his busy golf schedule. I'm still keeping an eye on things as Kasich has made some bad decisions in the past that impacted his re-elections (his votes against gun owners in 1994 during the Clinton presidency come to mind - they really came back to bite him).

Ol'coot
06-19-2011, 12:06 PM
Great news for All you in Ohio, Michigan allows carry in restaurants that serves by the drink but not in bars that do less than 50% of their income from food services.

A no gun allowed sign in any business does one thing for sure for the owner it insures that I or my family will not spend one cent in any of his businesses in the future. I agree they have every right to post the no guns sign as they see fit and I also have every right to base my decision not to shop their based on their decisions.

BuckeyeBlast
06-19-2011, 12:29 PM
The 90 day wait is absolute in Ohio, no shortcuts allowed. The law doesn't go into effect until 90 days after Kasich signs it (which I'm expecting he will if he wants to serve more than one term). That's why the sooner he signs it the better for us. Let's hope he doesn't wait through the whole summer due to his busy golf schedule. I'm still keeping an eye on things as Kasich has made some bad decisions in the past that impacted his re-elections (his votes against gun owners in 1994 during the Clinton presidency come to mind - they really came back to bite him).

90 days is correct, but I believe he actually doesn't have to sign it. IIRC, if he doesn't sign it within 10 days it automatically becomes law. Otherwise, he'd have to veto it... right?

MikeyKahr
06-19-2011, 05:54 PM
90 days is correct, but I believe he actually doesn't have to sign it. IIRC, if he doesn't sign it within 10 days it automatically becomes law. Otherwise, he'd have to veto it... right?

Yes, that is correct, BB. Will be interesting to see which route he chooses. He's being called out by quite a few of the anti-gun mayors (especially my favorite in Columbus) to veto - political suicide, I say, if he makes a move like that. My bet is he will sign....but we'll see!