PDA

View Full Version : How long is long?

12-16-2009, 06:32 AM
I have a question, I have never sent my gun to Kahr for service but understand they have reasonably quick turnarounds (under 2 weeks?). What about the other manufacturers? (S&W, Ruger, Sig, Glock, etc.) I was wondering what everyone's experiences were like. I have only had to send 2 guns (rifles) in for service in my life. Both times were 6 plus weeks. I was just curious if the firearms manufacturer's got any better at this.

ANy thoughts?

cmichael
12-16-2009, 07:34 AM
I send my K40 for services yesterday, and they will receive it today, for trigger little rough and install meporlight night sight, they said about 2 week, hope I will get it back by Christmas, the Gentleman on the phone name is Ian Burr, He is very nice to talk to and very polite, I hope every one is like him for customer service :)

jocko
12-16-2009, 09:05 AM
I send my K40 for services yesterday, and they will receive it today, for trigger little rough and install meporlight night sight, they said about 2 week, hope I will get it back by Christmas, the Gentleman on the phone name is Ian Burr, He is very nice to talk to and very polite, I hope every one is like him for customer service :)

a couple of years ago, kahrs service was not brageable, today IMO and from I have read I would rate it as a 9.5 out of 10. That being said, things will stills lip throught he cracks and someone willbe unhappy with kahrs service. I canonly relate that I sent my P380 back for rthe xs sight and installation and I had it back in less than one week.

Indeed IAN BURR is the man to talk to. He knows his stuff also..

Bawanna
12-16-2009, 10:10 AM
In dealing with Law Enforcement firearm repairs etc, and even purchasing parts and aftermarket stuff I've found it very beneficial to deal with a person at a company rather than just anyone you talk to. Get a name and talk to that person. Also followup with the same person to make sure you don't fall thru the cracks, that's usually what causes delays for me. A call or an email to the person usually gets you right back on track. Patience isn't my strong suit for sure.:o

johnh
12-16-2009, 10:40 AM
I have generally found long waits to be the norm with most companies. The last gun I sent in to a manufacturer was 90 days or so. I suspect most of that was just waiting for my turn as the rifle came back quickly once I got the confirmation email that it was being looked at. It has been a very busy time for the industry so I suspect most makers are a little backed up. Lots of guns shipping and a lot of fairly new shooters using them.

John

Dietrich
12-16-2009, 01:11 PM
I recently shipped a S&W 642 back that was out of time.Turnaround was 6 weeks and I didn`t consider that to be too bad.I guess I would have been more impatient if it had been my only handgun but that was not the case.Really,six weeks is pretty quick considering the demand that the manufacturers are dealing with. :)

ltxi
12-16-2009, 05:36 PM
Kahr's tunaround time in my case was eight days to repair a new MK9....that was this past June. I have no first hand knowledge of other manufacturers.......through 50+ years of shooting and a whole lot of firearms, as (good) luck would have it I've never had to send another one back.

cmichael
12-17-2009, 12:03 AM
Ian Burr=Kahr customer service :cheer2:

cmichael
12-30-2009, 04:29 PM

This morning Fedex delived my K40, take them 2 day to polish my trigger and install the night sight and send it back, but I ask for accuracy test, Ian said the ranch is close for the holiday, so total time is 13 day.