PDA

View Full Version : Used MK9, what would u pay?

yqtszhj
06-16-2011, 07:20 PM
Of course knowing the value of something is what someone is willing to pay, what would someone reasonably pay for a used MK9? probably 70% condition, well used, obviously it was carried a lot.

There is a local gun show this weekend and there is this one table where I am willing to bet there will be a used MK9 for sale. It has been at the show every time for the last 2 years. I wont pay near what he's asking for it but what would someone offer and be willing to pay?

All opinions please. Thanks

JimBianchi
06-16-2011, 09:50 PM
What ever they are going for locally, take 75% as the MAX, and start $50 under that.

Here in Vegas, $700 out the door is normal. (I paid $645 for mine six years ago)

Gunbroker, new $775
Buds, new $659

dzldust
06-17-2011, 09:41 AM
Just Paid $485 for a used one at my local gun shop but I buy one every now and then without haggling too much,I have not seen one for a while and just wanted it, glad I bought it.very nice pistol and smooth trigger

Internet Blohard
06-17-2011, 08:35 PM
Assuming around $700 or so new, I wouldn't go over $425-450 or so for 70%., assuming the wear is from carry not from thousands of rounds. I would go $550 easily for a really clean one with original box.

More for "newer" night sights, a bit more for wood grips or for a holster I would actually use, etc.

You see a lot of the same stuff again and again from gun show to gun show. Same overpriced stuff with ragged edge price tags where the ink has faded with age. These guys are just looking for a pigeon...not an informed buyer. They don't care if they sell their items or not that day. It's just recreation for them...not business. Unlike many of us, they don't have anything better to do with their weekends. And they won't likely respond to offers based on fair market value.

I think you are better off cruising the Boards (like this one, for example, among others) looking for guys that sincerely want to sell what they have and move on.

bonjorno2
06-18-2011, 09:35 AM

CertifiedGunNut
06-21-2011, 09:10 AM
They can be found on gunbroker for 450-550