PDA

View Full Version : CM9 200 round breakin ammo

zhills
06-18-2011, 03:00 PM
What is a good 9mm FMJ ammunition To shoot the first 200 round breakin period for the CM9? After that for SD rounds, I have always be a big fan of the Hornady XTP JHP rounds.

Bawanna
06-18-2011, 03:04 PM
Any quality FMJ ammo should work fine. Lots of guys use WWB, Blazer, Federal, don't really matter. They usually aren't ammo sensitive.
I like the XTP's alot myself and reload them sometimes but usually carry Speer Gold Dot. The XTP's should work just fine for you though.
Main thing is just run some, make sure they feed and work, but you already know that.
I don't envy your wait for it's arrival. I don't manage waiting too good.

You can read the owners manual from a link here, and read the threads in the tech section, proper prep and lube. Whatever it takes to keep your mind off the wait.

yqtszhj
06-18-2011, 09:51 PM
I picked up a CM9 today. Traded my CW9 at a gun show today (:( wifes rules I have to trade because she says I have enough guns at this time.) but got a really good deal I couldn't refuse for my tenderly used CW9.

I'm going try PMC and Federal that I already have. Did the prep already but it may be a couple of weeks before I can get out and try mine out.

Please post your range report when you get out. I'd like to hear how yours goes.

yqtszhj
06-18-2011, 10:05 PM
I picked up a CM9 today. Traded my CW9 at a gun show today (:( wifes rules I have to trade because she says I have enough guns at this time.) but got a really good deal I couldn't refuse for my tenderly used CW9.

I'm going try PMC and Federal that I already have. Did the prep already but it may be a couple of weeks before I can get out and try mine out.

Please post your range report when you get out. I'd like to hear how yours goes.