PDA

View Full Version : Durability

ricklee4570
06-23-2011, 05:42 AM
Anybody have a PM9 with a high round count?

I love to shoot my guns, so I am hoping the new PM9 I just bought holds up to quite a bit of shooting.

I had a Kel Tec PF9 that after 2500 rounds started to become problematic. I think it just started to wear out. Became very loose.

Dietrich
06-23-2011, 05:55 AM
I have 1700 rounds through my PM9 with no problems.Jocko has over 30,000 rounds through his and if I`m not mistaken,his PM9 has been trouble free too.All I have done as far as maintenance goes [other than regular cleaning and lube] was to change the recoil spring at 1200 rounds.I had not had any issues,I just did it for maintenance reasons.

Joe L
06-23-2011, 06:31 AM
Jocko will respond, I hope. Not enough count here to matter. Most you would have to do is change some springs, especially in the magazines. I don't think round count is an issue on a PM9. I don't expect it to be an issue on my CM9 or PM40 either.
Joe

Ol'coot
06-23-2011, 07:12 AM
Over 2900 rounds through my PM9 runs perfect, never a failure of any type. No wear can be seen.

jocko
06-24-2011, 06:22 AM
32,000 rounds and counting on my PM9, replaced two magazine followers and recoil springs as needed. other than that this POS gun just goes bang every tme. I thiunk I will send it back to kahr and let them fokk it up so I can come on here and bit-h about my PM9.

trust me ricklee, u won't live long enough to shoot out a kahr . for me over 50 years of owning and shooting and selling guns for a living, I have never seen a SHOT OUT GUN. I think that is why most gun makers enclose a parts list..

ricklee4570
06-24-2011, 07:10 AM
32,000 rounds and counting on my PM9, replaced two magazine followers and recoil springs as needed. other than that this POS gun just goes bang every tme. I thiunk I will send it back to kahr and let them fokk it up so I can come on here and bit-h about my PM9.

trust me ricklee, u won't live long enough to shoot out a kahr . for me over 50 years of owning and shooting and selling guns for a living, I have never seen a SHOT OUT GUN. I think that is why most gun makers enclose a parts list..

Now thats a good endorsement!

Kahr should think about paying you as a spokesman for the company. Testimony like yours and with the knowledge you bring to these forums, I cant think of a better way to educate people as to the value of owning a Kahr.

Thanks for your input!

jocko
06-24-2011, 07:13 AM
I tried that, they didn't buy into that!!! But I am open to any :"money incomej" type of suggestion!!