PDA

View Full Version : Woman sleeps & showers with gun

aray
06-25-2011, 12:13 AM
http://video.foxnews.com/v/1021148744001/woman-sleeps-showers-with-gun

JimBianchi
06-25-2011, 01:05 AM
The woman needs some range time and a better neighborhood.

Dietrich
06-25-2011, 01:08 AM
Considering her surroundings who could blame her? I love what she said about the cops comments."Do what you gotta do." I wonder what the cops would have done if she had killed the guy.In my state,since the guy was trying to run away, she technically wouldn`t have the right to shoot him.Her future would have been iffy at best.

jocko
06-25-2011, 05:28 AM
I wonder if she had ever shot that 40 cal. I bet when that went off in that home, that it should have got the bugs and everything alive wanting to get the hell outta there. I can't image 3 shots from a 40 cal not waking up the entire (empty )neighborhood.

No doubt she needs to getthe hell outta there if possable. Kudos to her son. He is probalby safer than she is..

I would bet that intruder had tomake a quick exit to CHANGE HIS SHORTS.

jocko
06-25-2011, 05:30 AM
Considering her surroundings who could blame her? I love what she said about the cops comments."Do what you gotta do." I wonder what the cops would have done if she had killed the guy.In my state,since the guy was trying to run away, she technically wouldn`t have the right to shoot him.Her future would have been iffy at best.

deaD PEOPLE NEVER GET TO TELL THEIR STORY. If he was dead in the home, it would be very hard to say he was trying to get away. Again dead men just can't relate their story. I doubt if she would have been prosecuted in any state...

georgepittenger
06-25-2011, 06:23 AM
Well first off THANK GOD I don't have to live in a neighborhood like that . Def scary that the BG could come back at any time , such as when she is in the shower . :(

Well we know that she is armed
when she sleeps
when she is in the shower
but what about when she is having ...... um ....... you know .... s** :eek:

jocko
06-25-2011, 06:34 AM
in that case the other person has his "gun" loaded and ready to go!!!

melissa5
06-25-2011, 07:01 AM
To me, the scariest part was that she woke up with him standing beside the bed. At the very least, she needs a dog or a security system.

yqtszhj
06-25-2011, 07:27 AM

Wears in on her side in a holster with a belt. :D

OldLincoln
06-25-2011, 09:11 AM
Reminds me of the Texas story of a woman shooting a man 6 times. The attorney asked why she shot him 6 times. She replied "because it went click when I pulled the trigger the seventh time."

ltxi
06-25-2011, 04:42 PM

Colorado has a very strong castle doctrine law. But shooting an unarmed intruder who immediately ran in the back probably wouldn't be considered all that cool...even if not criminally chargeable.

I admire her spirit. Some range time and training would be helpful, tho.

TucsonMTB
06-25-2011, 04:55 PM
To me, the scariest part was that she woke up with him standing beside the bed. At the very least, she needs a dog or a security system.
+1 Even one of those stupid little ankle biters would be useful. A pound puppy is probably the less expensive option when compared to a security system. Admittedly, I would opt for the better neighborhood, but that may not be practical for her. Makes you feel lucky doesn't it.

garyb
06-27-2011, 03:24 PM
+1 on moving, dog, security and gun. Whatever it takes.

Bawanna
06-27-2011, 03:31 PM
Well first off THANK GOD I don't have to live in a neighborhood like that . Def scary that the BG could come back at any time , such as when she is in the shower . :(

Well we know that she is armed
when she sleeps
when she is in the shower

My first thought on this was impossible but I went and looked at the video again and he she weren't as ugly as I remembered from the first time.
Could happen I guess.

O'Dell
06-27-2011, 04:52 PM
My first thought on this was impossible but I went and looked at the video again and he she weren't as ugly as I remembered from the first time.
Could happen I guess.

Wow, Bawanna is discriminating - I guess we learn something every day. :)

Bawanna
06-27-2011, 04:54 PM
Wow, Bawanna is discriminating - I guess we learn something every day. :)

Not so much but I do have an eye for ugly.

LaP
07-19-2011, 03:02 PM
In that neighborhood, I might even wear that Glock IN the shower.:cool:

TheTman
07-19-2011, 04:07 PM
I imagine she would get the hell out of their if she had the means. Amen to getting a dog. I don't shower with a gun on my sink because of the moisture in the air, but there is one just outside in the linen closet. In fact you can't go more than 5 or 6 steps in my apartment without there being a gun handy. And I'm in a very safe neighborhood. I was mostly worried about one neighbor who is very sickly obsessed with his ex wife who likes to visit and watch movies and hang out. Thank God he has moved to Texas, but I still like the guns being handy. At least he thought of me as a harmless old fart as far as seducing his ex-wife. He don't know me very well do he. :D

jocko
07-19-2011, 05:46 PM
we just had an 11 year old shoot himself in the headwith a 22caliber gun, He was over at his friends home playing and somehow he was in the master bedroom and found this gun and damn if he didn't shoot himself through the ear. He is in critical condition as of the paper tonight.

What the hell was he doing in someones master bedroom???

slowpoke
07-19-2011, 06:05 PM
My vote would be for a dog.
Dogs are just too hard to fool.
And when you do fool them, they still bark. ;)

Rainman48314
07-26-2011, 10:49 PM
deaD PEOPLE NEVER GET TO TELL THEIR STORY. If he was dead in the home, it would be very hard to say he was trying to get away. Again dead men just can't relate their story. I doubt if she would have been prosecuted in any state...We have a pretty good Castle Doctrine in Michigan. The shooter gets a lot of latitude.

If I were her, I would not have given that interview. I suspect that gun will soon be stolen or the man will suprise her again but be more prepared.

Rainman

TucsonMTB
07-26-2011, 11:03 PM
If I were her, I would not have given that interview. I suspect that gun will soon be stolen or the man will suprise her again but be more prepared.

Rainman
She may have been hoping to inspire someone to help. It might even happen. We human beings are very hard to predict. ;)

bigmacque
07-27-2011, 08:35 AM
We have a pretty good Castle Doctrine in Michigan. The shooter gets a lot of latitude.

Rainman

I would hope that in that neighborhood they'd give her an added benefit of the doubt.

But I'm totally in favor of the dog .... bet one is not hard to find around there. Any stray in that neighborhood would become very protective of someone taking care of them.

adventures47129
07-27-2011, 09:25 AM
I hate to say this here on the Kahr site as I love my CW9... but this lady needs a Judge Public Defender and a good load of buckshot.

muggsy
12-10-2011, 11:36 AM
http://video.foxnews.com/v/1021148744001/woman-sleeps-showers-with-gun

How ironic, I sleep and shower with a woman! I wonder if they're one in the same? :)

MO_Soldier
12-10-2011, 01:29 PM
I shower with my gun. On the toilet seat with my change of clothes over it. Keeps moisture out, and out of reach of someone who might walk in and take advantage of my own weapon.

Also, I have a bedside safe from GunVault with the finger buttons that you don't have to see to unlock. When I first got my gun I didn't have it, and just kept it Weapon Status Amber...until I woke up with it in a completely different spot...not knowing how I manipulated it during the night. Scared the $hit out of me!! I bought the safe the next day and keep one in the pipe now too.

muggsy
12-10-2011, 01:36 PM
I shower with my gun. On the toilet seat with my change of clothes over it. Keeps moisture out, and out of reach of someone who might walk in and take advantage of my own weapon.

Also, I have a bedside safe from GunVault with the finger buttons that you don't have to see to unlock. When I first got my gun I didn't have it, and just kept it Weapon Status Amber...until I woke up with it in a completely different spot...not knowing how I manipulated it during the night. Scared the $hit out of me!! I bought the safe the next day and keep one in the pipe now too.

It's been so long since someone took advantage of my weapon I've forgotten how to use it! Oh excuse me, you were talking guns. :)