PDA

View Full Version : One Trillion

getsome
12-18-2009, 12:00 PM
Found this in American Handguns magazine: CCI makes about 1,000,000 rounds of .22 long rifle rounds of ammo daily. If you figure about 250 workdays a year, it would take 4 years to make a billion and 4000 YEARS to make a trillion. So when the government says they propose a 10 trillion dollar budget deficit so we can spend our way out of recession it puts into perspective just how far out of touch Washington is with the working folks that they steal the money from!!!!!:eek: Another way to try and wrap your head around just how much a trillion dollars really amounts to is this: If you stacked 100 dollar bills one on top of the other to equal a trillion dollars the stack would be 62 miles high!!! God help us....

jocko
12-18-2009, 12:49 PM
Found this in American Handguns magazine: CCI makes about 1,000,000 rounds of .22 long rifle rounds of ammo daily. If you figure about 250 workdays a year, it would take 4 years to make a billion and 4000 YEARS to make a trillion. So when the government says they propose a 10 trillion dollar budget deficit so we can spend our way out of recession it puts into perspective just how far out of touch Washington is with the working folks that they steal the money from!!!!!:eek: Another way to try and wrap your head around just how much a trillion dollars really amounts to is this: If you stacked 100 dollar bills one on top of the other to equal a trillion dollars the stack would be 62 miles high!!! God help us....

now YOU really made me sick:D

cmichael
12-22-2009, 08:24 AM
CCI make 4 million .22LR a day.

getsome
12-22-2009, 09:17 AM
I was just quoting what the magazine said...I have no way of knowing if the information is correct or not but at the end of the day a trillion bananas will feed a whole bunch of monkeys!!!

johnh
12-23-2009, 09:20 AM
Either way that is a lot of ammo in a day. I wonder how other production rates compare for common calibers, such as 9mm, 40, etc.?

John