PDA

View Full Version : Polish satin nickel?

Indigo
06-25-2011, 07:56 PM
Can this be done? First 1911 on the way (70 series) in good condition but am looking ideally for the "bright nickel" finish. Suggestions? Not possible?

TucsonMTB
06-25-2011, 08:27 PM
Not likely, unless you are willing to completely polish off the plated surfaces and have it plated again. That is a lot of work. It might make more sense to see if the new pistol grows on you while you look for a replacement.

Sorry!

Bawanna
06-25-2011, 08:43 PM
I love series 70s and tolerate satin nickel really well. Perhaps you could just send it to me while you search for a shiney one?

I'm not an authority on this nickel finish stuff but satin nickel looks alot like a lightly bead blasted stainless to me, wonder if it's referred to as that.

I know my Officers ACP was satin nickel and it sure looked like it would polish.

Why take the chance. I'll PM ya my address and you can get that baby headed this way for the love and devotion it deserves. I do this as a public service for no charge.

Indigo
06-25-2011, 09:30 PM
Ok thanks guys. I'll see how it goes. If it isn't shiny enough then I have an excuse to keep shopping.

muggsy
11-10-2011, 04:34 PM
I don't understand the fascination with shiny pistols. Matte black makes so much more sense to me. It's easier to conceal easier to see the sights without glare in bright sunlight. To me, butt ugly is beautiful.