PDA

View Full Version : Question about the magazines for a CW9

xxAGxx
06-26-2011, 08:34 AM
I recently purchased 2 K920 mags for my CW 9.

What I wanted to know is if I can replace the base pads on the K920 with the extended base pads on the K920G's?

And, if I could switch them out, could I order those from Kahr? Would they even sell those separately?

AG

wyntrout
06-26-2011, 10:32 AM
Kahr Magazine Guide:

http://www.kahr.com/kahr-mag-guide.asp#p9cw9k9mag

I have all of the magazines except the K920... saw no need since I don't have a T/TP model.

The extended grip from the MK720G and the K920G will fit the K920, but the bases are not as pictured, but like this

http://www.kahr.com/Pistol-Parts/Kahr-Magazine-Base-7-round.asp

This is all you need... as many of the base plates as you want to swap out.

The base locks appear to be interchangeable when I tried switching bases and locks. I moved the base from the 7-round extended to the 7-round K9 flush-fitting magazine and it fit the same as the MK720G.

Wynn:0

ripley16
06-26-2011, 10:34 AM
To my knowledge the extended base is not available as a seperate piece. The K920 will work just fine in your CW. It will hang out a bit, that's all.

xxAGxx
06-26-2011, 10:39 AM
Kahr Magazine Guide:

http://www.kahr.com/kahr-mag-guide.asp#p9cw9k9mag

I have all of the magazines except the K920... saw no need since I don't have a T/TP model.

The extended grip from the MK720G and the K920G will fit the K920, but the bases are not as pictured, but like this

http://www.kahr.com/Pistol-Parts/Kahr-Magazine-Base-7-round.asp

This is all you need... as many of the base plates as you want to swap out.

The base locks appear to be interchangeable when I tried switching bases and locks.

Wynn:0

Cool. I guess I will call Kahr up and order 2 of the extended base plates.

I asked becuase I bought the K920's, but after trying them in the gun, I think I'm leaning toward purchasing the extended base plates instead, so my finger rests on the polymer base plate, instead of bare metal.

Thanks.

AG

wyntrout
06-26-2011, 10:41 AM
See my updated previous post. The 7-round extended grip base plate is all he needs.

Forum or site designers get paid to keep "improving" the design of the sites and making it harder to find anything, I guess, so they can "improve" the design after they get enough complaints. I spent over half an hour trying to find the extended grip base plate... IT AIN"T EASY! It's like an Easter egg hunt.:rolleyes:

Wynn:D

wyntrout
06-26-2011, 10:50 AM
I switched to the K920G for my K9 since it's a "house gun" and I don't CCW with it. I've had no problem at all with the K920G's in my K9 OR my PM9 at the range. They have POWERFUL springs... which is a good thing. I have one in the gun for 8+1 and an open mag carrier with two more as reloads. I put the K9 in a holster on the inside of the door of the side table at my TV chair... and the two-mag holder with reloads next to it on the door... handy... also has NS and LaserGrips... loaded with Double Tap 124-gr Gold Dots. That and a tac' light seem sufficient for TV chair defense.:D

I don't much use the regular K720 magazines... and I have 3 of those, too. I guess I could load them up for more shooting time at the range.

Wynn:)

Ripley, I'm still jealous of that similarly equipped K9 you got a steal on a year or so ago. I think it was you! :)

wyntrout
06-26-2011, 10:54 AM
AG, if you want anything else in that order, you can add it for the same shipping cost up to $50... or $49.99, then it's just $2 more I think. Get a Kahr cap or two! :D

xxAGxx
06-26-2011, 10:55 AM
I use the mag it came with (7 rounder) in the gun and the K920's on the belt. Just holding my CW9 with the extended mags didnt feel right (since my pinky rests on the exposed metal on the mag), so I figured at least with the extended base plates, that should cover up most of the exposed mag and the pinky will rest on the polymer.

AG

xxAGxx
06-26-2011, 10:56 AM
AG, if you want anything else in that order, you can add it for the same shipping cost up to $50... or $49.99, then it's just $2 more I think. Get a Kahr cap or two! :D

Cool, I have to keep that in mind :).

Thanks.

AG