PDA

View Full Version : Magazine swap

Dietrich
06-27-2011, 09:49 AM
I`ve read in several places on this forum about how Kahr will swap a 6 round PM9 mag for a seven rounder.Who do I need to call or contact to get this done?I have 2 seven round mags that I never use and would love to have two more 6 rounders in their stead.Thanks,D.

SkeletonSlinky
06-27-2011, 11:02 AM
Dietrich, I had a 7-rounder for my PM9 that pinched my finger when I used it (no functional problem). I called Kahr Tech Support and talked with Jay. Explained the situation and asked if he had any suggestions...asked if he would swap it out for a 6-rounder. He said they..."generally don't swap out magazines, but if I send it in with a note explaining my problem, they'll replace it"...

I sent it in with the obligatory note and quickly received a 6-rounder in it's place. I just paid to ship it to Kahr. Great customer service and very quick turn-around!

Dietrich
06-27-2011, 01:19 PM
Dietrich, I had a 7-rounder for my PM9 that pinched my finger when I used it (no functional problem). I called Kahr Tech Support and talked with Jay. Explained the situation and asked if he had any suggestions...asked if he would swap it out for a 6-rounder. He said they..."generally don't swap out magazines, but if I send it in with a note explaining my problem, they'll replace it"...

I sent it in with the obligatory note and quickly received a 6-rounder in it's place. I just paid to ship it to Kahr. Great customer service and very quick turn-around!
Thanks pal,I was under the impression that they would do a swap because so many people had problems with the seven round mag that Kahr realized it was a piece of dung.Oh well,I ain`t going to lie to them about it.Maybe I`ll run across someone who will be willing to swap me one 6 rounder for two 7s.

SkeletonSlinky
06-27-2011, 01:33 PM
I agree, you don't want to lie to them. I told Jay that it was functionally working but I really wouldn't use the 7-rounder anyway because of the discomfort. He was understanding and was willing to exchange it anyway. It certainly wouldn't hurt to ask!