PDA

View Full Version : Something's wrong with my CM9

Tmygun
06-27-2011, 09:42 PM
I finally took it out today and put 207rds through it without even stopping to clean it between boxes. I didn't have one failure of any kind whatsoever. Shouldn't it have had at least one failure to feed or extract??? At least one premature slide lock open??? It was very accurate and comfortable too. I guess I got a lemon:D.

Tmygun:)

CJB
06-27-2011, 10:26 PM
Well that sucks! Now you got nothing to kvetch about!

If it bothers you, I'd be willing to let you unload that pistol on me....for only a slight loss of say... 40 percent. ;)

paul34
06-27-2011, 11:33 PM
Definitely something wrong. I'd be willing to inspect it for you, for a loss of only 39%. I specialize in exactly the non issues you are experiencing. I will require an extended inspection period, in order to ensure a thorough inspection.

RogerP9fan
06-27-2011, 11:46 PM
AWWW man. The thread title is dirty trick. Just when I got a Kahr pistol I love and it's running like a champ...I see a thread title like that. lol

Tmygun
06-28-2011, 02:39 AM
AWWW man. The thread title is dirty trick. Just when I got a Kahr pistol I love and it's running like a champ...I see a thread title like that. lol

Nyuck...nyuck....nyuck:D

jocko
06-28-2011, 05:48 AM
I finally took it out today and put 207rds through it without even stopping to clean it between boxes. I didn't have one failure of any kind whatsoever. Shouldn't it have had at least one failure to feed or extract??? At least one premature slide lock open??? It was very accurate and comfortable too. I guess I got a lemon:D.

Tmygun:)

u got a real lemon and it seems kahr has some real issues with the cm9, they all seem to be working great. it should be named the ceasar gun, for it seems we all come to praise "ceasar.

:cheer2:

Bill K
06-28-2011, 09:04 AM
Being one who had to work through a few issues with a new PM9 all I can say is that you lost an opportunity to build some real character. :)

Joking aside, judging from the CM9 posts I've read, it seems that you're in a large majority of CM9 folks without any issues.

MW surveyor
06-28-2011, 09:22 AM
... you lost an opportunity to build some real character.

^^^^This^^^^

Bawanna
06-28-2011, 09:31 AM
Dang ya got me. I was kind of avoiding this thread, really didn't want to hear about a problem with a CM.

I reckon you pulled the lambs coat over all our eyes. Well done.

Sorry you missed that character opportunity. Maybe next time.

OldLincoln
06-28-2011, 09:31 AM
I don't know, but with a user name like "Tmygun" he may be a character in his own right!:)

Bawanna
06-28-2011, 09:40 AM
Maybe so, maybe so. Sure managed to put the tug on all our legs, I didn't feel it but it was a tug none the less.

mightymouse
06-28-2011, 09:45 AM
...., but the mud dunk, under water, upside down, limp wrist shot is the only way to truly verify its reliability.
If it aint broke yet, fix it till it is.

Bawanna
06-28-2011, 10:02 AM
...., but the mud dunk, under water, upside down, limp wrist shot is the only way to truly verify its reliability.
If it aint broke yet, fix it till it is.

How could we forget that one. That definitely needs to happen before we can give this one a clean bill of reliability.
Thanks for reminding us.

wyntrout
06-28-2011, 10:04 AM
If things are too boring, take the pliers to your slide lock springs and give it a couple of twists and bends. That little thing can really give you fits.

Wynn:D

TominCA
06-28-2011, 12:20 PM
My P380 drove me nuts. My Mk9 was 100% after 100 rounds. My PM9 was 100% right out of the box - go figure?

I think the tolerances on these pistols are so tight and the metal so hard they can take a long time to break in. They will also probably last longer than their first owner.

JimBianchi
06-28-2011, 01:53 PM
It's a shame, all the other "cheap" pistols are POS and easy pickings. Maybe you should log on to Keltec/Rossi/Taurus site and bash them instead?

But in all seriousness, the even though I have a PERFECT MK9, the CM9 is going to find it's way into my safe eventually.

Just too nice of a gun not to own!

Tmygun
06-29-2011, 05:57 PM
I forgot to add one other abnormality. Being a left hander, I was regularly using the sling shot method to release the slide and had no problems. Isn't the CM9 supposed to malfunction doing that? My CM9 isn't behaving at all the way Kahr says it should when new;).

Tmygun:D

jocko
06-29-2011, 06:09 PM
naw not really, evidently ur also very good at sling shotting ur cm9. It is all about technique more than the gun itself.

Tmygun
06-29-2011, 06:32 PM
I do love this little gun. The only thing that surprised me about it is the 200lb recoil spring:eek:. I've fired a lot of different guns, including blow back pistols like the Walther PPK/S and Makarovs, and I've never felt a pistol with such a strong recoil spring. I guess my bigger guns like my 1911 and Glock 21 feel much easier to rack due to the slide mass. I guess the lil'CM9 needs that strong spring to keep it from slamming against the frame, and to make it more controlable to shoot.
My Glock 21SF is huge, but it makes a good home defense gun. Maybe I need a CW45......or....

Tmygun :)

asparkoflife
07-03-2011, 06:06 PM
You and me both got lemons! :D I had the same experience not one hick-up with mine! I love this gun I carry it every day!

jocko
07-03-2011, 06:45 PM
actually the recoil spring on the cm9 is 18#, about what all other are. I think the reason it feels so stout (which it does feel that way) is that it is a captive dual spring. and short recoil assembly. It will loosen up with rounds down range but don't compare it to other guns. I shoot and like the 20.5# recoil spring in my PM9 and whennew it is a bugger to get in but after 50 or so rounds it feels no different than the factory spring poundage. Kahrs are small and they are compressing alot in that small , short slide. Once u take the gun down a half dozen times, u get the hang of reinstalling the spring and for some reason it just seems easier to do. although little has changed other than your technique just got better.

CharlieW
07-03-2011, 06:50 PM
You know, I am having the same problem with my CM9. Looks like I am going to have to resort to "unloading" a couple of my other 9mm's --the B**** is not as accurate, and the K****** does not feed as reliably. Oh well, what can you do ...

RogerP9fan
07-05-2011, 08:41 PM
I love the CM9. Cool little power packing bad A good looking pistol.

JFootin
07-05-2011, 08:56 PM
Yes, a VERY good looking pistol!

My Custom Polished CM9 (http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee486/John_England/My%20Custom%20CM9/?action=view&current=2f174682.pbw) :third: