PDA

View Full Version : Didn't think I would but giving up.

n0igu
12-19-2009, 07:51 AM
I made hundreds of calls for months looking for a P-380 to add to my collection of Kahrs. I own and love my CW40, PM40 and P45. In early June I went to the local Scheels and finally ordered one after being told I should get in a "few" weeks. It is now just days before Christmas and I've had it. Why on earth does a manufacturer spend so much money and time advertising a product and then not deliver on the promoses for what now. two years? They won't even tell you where they are shipping what few they have so you can call them. I've had it. they can keep them.

jocko
12-19-2009, 08:17 AM
I have not seen any around here in Indiana sitting aroudn either. They are scarce as heh, no doubt kahr can't produce the P380 at the rate of one ever 52 seconds like Ruger can witht he lcp. they are not that big and like most allgun companies today, theya re selling about everything they make to. My opinion is that maybe the P380 is not being made in quanties likt eh bigger kahrs are such as the PM9 which is tgheir biggest seller and certainly more money also, so they are more than likely making the higher dollar guns and what is selling the most which no doubt is the kahr Pm and cw series line. With the kahrs that you presentley own, I would think that PM40 would cover about anything you want. A super compact gun. I have a P380, love it but to be honest, I hardly every shoot it anymore as I love to shoot my PM9 far more as it is my24/7 carry peace and I can find ammo cheap compred to the rip off prices for 380, for which I just won't pay--right now anyways..

But that being said, I went fo many months before I ever found a P380 and then only it was a fella on the ar15 site wanting to sell it, so that how I ended up with one, never did hear anything from my 3 "trusty" dealers..

mx5fan
12-19-2009, 08:58 AM
I just looked on Gunbroker and for $625.00 + $20.00 shipping to your FFL....it can be yours!

Kahr P380 .380 ACP KP3833 2.5? Barrel : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=150589609)

500KV
12-19-2009, 09:12 AM
I made hundreds of calls for months looking for a P-380 to add to my collection of Kahrs. I own and love my CW40, PM40 and P45. In early June I went to the local Scheels and finally ordered one after being told I should get in a "few" weeks. It is now just days before Christmas and I've had it. Why on earth does a manufacturer spend so much money and time advertising a product and then not deliver on the promoses for what now. two years? They won't even tell you where they are shipping what few they have so you can call them. I've had it. they can keep them.
I'll have to second all the the PM9 recommendations you see on this forum.
I noticed you didn't have the PM9 listed and would suggest you take a close look at one in place of the 380.
As was stated, you would probably shoot it more (cheaper ammo etc.) and reliability and size (concealability) make it an almost perfect option, at least for many.
Reliability with most PM9s has been 100%, including mine.
Otherwise, good luck with your search.

mitchell4198
12-19-2009, 03:24 PM
Saw a P380 at the LGS last week when I went by to pick up an extra magazine for my PM9. Best I can recall the price was $589. May still be there.

Also, I paid $30 for the extra magazine. Less than any place that I found online.

wyntrout
12-19-2009, 04:56 PM
I'll have to second all the the PM9 recommendations you see on this forum.
I noticed you didn't have the PM9 listed and would suggest you take a close look at one in place of the 380.
As was stated, you would probably shoot it more (cheaper ammo etc.) and reliability and size (concealability) make it an almost perfect option, at least for many.
Reliability with most PM9s has been 100%, including mine.
Otherwise, good luck with your search.

500KV, I just got back from a gun show at the Fairgrounds here in Jacksonville. I saw one P380 for $700. I also saw my first PM9... black slide and N/S! I don't recall the price ~ $675 -- wasn't totally new, I don't think. That was really small and good looking! I should have bought one of those instead of still paying for and waiting for the N/S P380 for almost 8 months... so far! It was really smaller than I thought it would be. I've seen the comparison between the two on the Kahr Site, but didn't appreciate how compact the PM9 is.:( Dang! I coulda had a niner!
Wynn

500KV
12-20-2009, 01:55 PM
:( Dang! I coulda had a niner!
Wynn
Just go on and buy the PM9 too Wynn cause you will eventually need to get all 4 calibers anyway.
Now when is Kahr going to make a 357Sig??? :p

n0igu
12-20-2009, 06:11 PM
What I did was buy a Taurus PT709 for $349. Turns out to be the best value so far in a pistol. Thin, two mags and a fully adjustible rear sight. No break in. Ran 250 rounds mixed FMJ & HP without a single hickup. Why can't Kahr put a sight on like that?.Granted it's not going to replace my beloved PM40 anytime soon but it sure is fun and cheap to shoot once you get past that trigger safety. I think I'll remove it.

jocko
12-21-2009, 06:28 AM
I can buy 40 cal ammo as cheap as 380 ammo which is right now no where to be found even. Why woudl you want to reove the trigger safety on your PT709??. It's not a target gbun but a pocket gun and I would think it would not slow one down and would give peace of mind also. the Taurus PT is not made like the kahr internals. Just my 2 cents. I don't own a PT either, nor have I seen one yet to give an opinion, but so far most seem to be very happy with the 709. can u put night sight sont he PT709? or is just the rear sight movable???