PDA

View Full Version : Replacing striker spring information

Romadoc
12-19-2009, 10:23 AM
After having read of the improved trigger feel made possible by replacing original with a 5# spring, I'm thinking of trying this out. The problem is that I have no idea of where to begin. Is there any schematic or diagram available that would show how to replace the striker spring. As this would be my very first try at gun work, is it simple or would I be better off sending it to local smith. What would be a reasonable cost? Also, is this fix also available for the MK9?

500KV
12-19-2009, 12:11 PM
After having read of the improved trigger feel made possible by replacing original with a 5# spring, I'm thinking of trying this out. The problem is that I have no idea of where to begin. Is there any schematic or diagram available that would show how to replace the striker spring. As this would be my very first try at gun work, is it simple or would I be better off sending it to local smith. What would be a reasonable cost? Also, is this fix also available for the MK9?
Romadoc here's a detailed slide strip schematic link.
Detail Stripping the Kahr's Upper - Page 3 - Glock Talk (http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308824&page=3)
While your in there you should thoroughly clean the striker assembly and channel, a Q-tip works well.

Personally I'd be very cautious about replacing the striker spring. You could wind up with FTFire due to light primer strikes and the trigger will definitely improve the more you fire the gun.
Having said that, there have been some reports of improved trigger feel with the lighter spring so it's your call to make. Just thought I'd point out the other possibility.
Good luck and please report your results.

ripley16
12-19-2009, 01:31 PM
Romadoc,
There are several stickies at the top[ of the topic list that contain lots of valuable info.

jocko
12-19-2009, 06:29 PM
I have had the 5# striker spring in my PM9 for over 20,000 rounds and never had one issue, Have it in my K9 for right at 4500 rounds, same results. No doubt the lighter the striker spring the more apt one can get a lite strike but a 5# striker spring is not really a light striker spring either and being that wolff's makes it and puts it out, I have faith in it, and so far my two have been super. It does change the pull "feel" of the gun, but not the trigger travel and I like that alot.I thought we had that same sticky on upper slide disasembly on this forum but if not the glock talk fourm under the kahr site has it and it is a no brainer to do, just take your time and if you don't loose any springs, it could take all but 5 minutes..

Our trusty moderator should definitely make this a sticky. It is the best upper slide photo/essay on a kahr that I have ever seen. I ama very sure one can also "google" up a thread on upper slide disassembly on kahrs. they are all exactly the same for every model kahr..

ripley16
12-21-2009, 11:28 AM
Our trusty moderator should definitely make this a sticky. It is the best upper slide photo/essay on a kahr that I have ever seen.

It already is, isn't it?