PDA

View Full Version : less than stellar tech service

kahrdriver
06-29-2011, 10:45 PM
Today I was looking at 1911 parts on Kahr's site. I was interested in the stainless beavertail grip safety with a palm swell. It was priced at about 16 dollars which is quite good. I call them to find out if it was for the .250 radius. No one knows. I am put on hold and then transferred to someone who does know. Surprisingly, that person doesn't know either and says they will call me back. This was yesterday. Still waiting. The "pros" on the phone gave me some standardized response like "our parts are made only for our guns and won't fit other makes" " etc. etc. When they couldn't even tell me if the stainless was stainless I realized I would get nowhere and they were not eager to really find out the info I needed. I realize these folks were likely just sales reps for the parts dept. and were not "armorers, technicians, or whatever but I had hoped they would understand something about 1911's. At least they should have tried to sell me the part! I quickly realized the futility of my efforts. Don't get me wrong....I love their products, but this type of "generic" customer service is lame.:crazy:

HigherPeace
09-29-2011, 10:35 AM
If you had ordered the part and it did not fit your firearm you would, like others, most likely ask for a refund. If you are warned ahead of time that "our parts are made only for our guns and won't fit other makes" then it is on your dime.

OldLincoln
09-29-2011, 10:59 AM
I understand your frustration, kahrdriver, but I can honestly say I have asked similar questions about parts I wanted to fit to something it wasn't listed for and gotten the same response. This no matter if it were auto parts, appliances, and so forth. They sell parts for their guns and know it fits their guns so they don't need or care to know what radius it is or anything else not listed in the catalog. It's not fair to expect anything more.

deanp1964
11-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Today I was looking at 1911 parts on Kahr's site. I was interested in the stainless beavertail grip safety with a palm swell. It was priced at about 16 dollars which is quite good. I call them to find out if it was for the .250 radius. No one knows. I am put on hold and then transferred to someone who does know. Surprisingly, that person doesn't know either and says they will call me back. This was yesterday. Still waiting. The "pros" on the phone gave me some standardized response like "our parts are made only for our guns and won't fit other makes" " etc. etc. When they couldn't even tell me if the stainless was stainless I realized I would get nowhere and they were not eager to really find out the info I needed. I realize these folks were likely just sales reps for the parts dept. and were not "armorers, technicians, or whatever but I had hoped they would understand something about 1911's. At least they should have tried to sell me the part! I quickly realized the futility of my efforts. Don't get me wrong....I love their products, but this type of "generic" customer service is lame.:crazy:

"generic" hits it right on the head.
That has been my recent experience as well. It is what it is, and frankly, its pretty unimpressive. Its generic.