PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Concealed Carry Law revision

earle8888
06-30-2011, 06:13 PM
The Governor of Ohio has signed the newest revision, refereed to as "Resturant carry", The prohibition of concealed carry in businesses that have class "D", liquor by the drink.
FYI--trivia

Although Ohio’s firearms law still weighs in at about 43,000 words (more than the U.S. Constitution, Einstein’s complete Theory of Relativity, and Shakespeare’s Macbeth combined), SB17 goes a long way toward restoring the rights of firearms owners and removing much of the legal quicksand involved in vehicle carry. If your state representatives supported SB17, now is the time to call and say thanks.

BuckeyeBlast
06-30-2011, 06:25 PM
... and now we wait the 90 days for it to become law. Do you know what day it actually takes effect?

MikeyKahr
06-30-2011, 06:29 PM
Finally! A big thank you to Gov. Kasich for signing and for the state senators and representatives that signed it. And a bigger thank you for groups like Buckeye Firearms Association and others that worked so diligently and for so long fighting for our rights. BTW, I would call my state representatives and state senators to say thanks but I can't - none of them voted for it!!! :31: But I have been able to say thanks to neighboring representatives and senators instead!

MrToad
06-30-2011, 09:13 PM
Yes, I heard the good news. I'm glad I joined BFA!