PDA

View Full Version : CM9 100% reliable @ 150-250 rounds

yqtszhj
07-02-2011, 10:03 AM
Just got back from the range. Rounds 150-250 were perfect. I'm seeing the CM9 as 100% reliable and it's now in my carry rotation. Also crazy accurate at 10 yards. first 4 rounds were in a 1 1/2 inch group with 2 in the nickle bullseye. After that I got a little more sloppy but there is not a center to that paper plate any more.:)

Joe L
07-02-2011, 11:23 AM
Sounds like it is almost as good as mine! Still waiting on a Dawson Precision front night sight for mine, but it is already my EDC.

Bob G
07-02-2011, 11:29 AM
The wait is killing me.. So glad I have the CW9 in the meantine...

MW surveyor
07-02-2011, 11:44 AM
Hey, didn't happen without pictures! ;)

yqtszhj
07-02-2011, 12:53 PM
Hey, didn't happen without pictures! ;)

Ask and you shall recieve :D:D

Bill K
07-02-2011, 01:46 PM
Awesome! Way to go!

jocko
07-02-2011, 02:41 PM
indeed very good shooting, way better than I can do...

I think I can keep um all in COM but that sucker best be one of those summo wrestlers and weight at about 500# and then COM is all mine:target:

pennhead
07-03-2011, 10:14 PM
I visited the range with my new CM9 yesterday. Not a single hiccup.

This gun is a pure joy to shoot. I was concerned that the recoil would be brutal, however that concern was unfounded.

Recoil seemed right on par with the Glock 26 I once owned, and it handled better thanks to the slimmer grip. The Glock subcompact is about like trying to hold onto a brick with only the top half of your hand.

All my Glocks are gone, but this little gem is a keeper!

MikeyKahr
07-04-2011, 01:11 AM
With all these glowing reports about the CM9, I'm thinking about trading in my PM9 for one!! ;)

jocko
07-04-2011, 04:25 AM
does kind of make one envious. we did not have over all type of success when the PM9 first hit the market. now though it is a different story. The cm9 is doing great because its big brother taught it how to act. so u keep that fantastic PM9 ,fully khjowihnjg that your PJ9 setthe path for the success of the cm9...

yqtszhj
07-04-2011, 07:12 AM
With all these glowing reports about the CM9, I'm thinking about trading in my PM9 for one!! ;)

I've got a deal for you. I'll trade you a almost brand new CM9 (just 250 trouble free rounds) for that PM9 if it's got that nice black DLC finish??? ;)

Just coundn't resist. after some time I might look into doing somthing to get that black finish on the CM9.

MikeyKahr
07-04-2011, 02:40 PM
Sorry yqtszhj, it's a dealbreaker - my PM9 doesn't have the black DLC finish, I actually prefer the bitone stainless. Can make her nice and shiny and buff out most anything and don't have to worry about dinging up a finish. Lots of great choices out their for finishing your CM9, so if it floats your boat, go for it!

RogerP9fan
07-05-2011, 08:52 PM
I'm glad to hear about your CM9. Mine is flawless after 290 rounds including Federal HST 147g +P. I guess I'm superstitious though because I haven't fired in the 6+1 carry configuration. Reason: My P9 was flawless last year after 200 rounds then I started loading it up 7+1 carry mode and started having trigger reset issues that never got fixed properly. Got frustrated and sold it.

Jocko tells me I should shoot my CM9 in 6+1 carry mode and get past the fear. I'm gonna do it next range trip.......cause he's right.

Tinman507
07-06-2011, 05:49 AM
Purchased my CM9 (first CCW) after much research here and other sites. I was teetering on the edge between the Glock 26 and CM9. I've shot my son's G26 and like it but it felt clunky in my hand and since I sport a middle aged thickness I wasn't comfy wearing the Glock. The CM9 simply disappears and feels like it's not even there.

Son and I went to the range last night with a pile of garbage Russian ammo just to run the requisite 200 rounds through her. Absolutely no issues at all. Well, none if you discount the newbie (me) putting his left thumb in the wrong place and paying for it. The receiver stiffness is rapidly easing off. I wasn't really going for accuracy but this thing surprised the hell out of me both at 7yds and out to 15 yds.

We cleaned her Monday following the procedure listed on this site and got her all prepped to go and I have to say I am thrilled with her so far.

Thanks to all the experts here for mentoring me through my first CCW experience.

jocko
07-06-2011, 06:18 AM
nice report, ust not sure there is a better 9mm out there and for that price of the cm9, I kow there isn't.