PDA

View Full Version : P9 Magazine Issue

WinstonRomeo
12-20-2009, 06:06 AM
I purchased a Kahr P9 a week ago. Really like how it carries compared to my Glocks. Issue is that the top rounds in both the 7 & 8 round magazines tip up and slip forward during carry. I have found that the top round of the 8 round magazine will come out and lay in the bottom of the carrier. Loading magazines can be tricky as well with the top round wanting to fly out before it's fully inserted. Is this a common issue? Seems to me that once rounds are in the magazine they should stay.

jocko
12-20-2009, 09:53 AM
they won't stay with the kahr magazines, they are designed that way and I cannot tell you why either. If your gonna carry a spare magazine then indeed get a magazine pouch with a velcro cover and then you will be ok. Loose carry will not work. It is not a big issue once you realize what you have to do..

mr surveyor
12-20-2009, 11:47 AM
admittedly, I have only had my CW9 for a few months, but it does get it's share of carry time... I carry the spare mag, fully loaded, in a front shirt pocket...it hasn't lost a round yet, so I must be in the fortunate group. There is obviously some little tiny design flaw (I really hate to use that term) with the carrier, as noted by many Kahr users that do experience the problem with rounds slipping from the magazines. Until I saw the thread that showed the actual dimensions of the 9mm casings with several rounds layed side by side creating an obvious arc, demonstrating the fact that they aren't laterally parallel (tapered), I would not have understood the reason for the apparant "gap" between the top round and the second round in the magazine. It's pretty obvious that Kahr uses a much more aggressive angle at the feed lips of the magazine than many other pistols which would lead to the rocking top round.

surv

kpm9
12-23-2009, 08:53 AM
The first round in the mag, is oriented that way to improve reliability when loading from slide lock. This is why you are supposed to load from slide lock also.

I carry a full mag in my front pocket and haven't lost a round in either my Pm9, or P9.