PDA

View Full Version : CM9 in town....

PaiN
07-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Okay I'm still smarting at Kahr over the broken PM45 and the crap repair job they attempted to pass off as fixed :mad: But in reality is there any better carry gun then a Kahr that works?
I know I said I was getting a Glock 26 and was going to be done with it, I didn't drink the Kool-Aid and I'm still sitting on the store credit I got from the PM45 return.
I called the store today because I'm headed up that way tomorrow eve. I just got the desire to ask and yes, as it turns out, they do have two CM9s in stock, this is the first time anyplace remotely local has had one(never mind two). Now, besides my angst toward Kahr, the shop is asking $480 which is $30-40 more than the CW9s go for.... I am going to stop at the shop tomorrow, I did not put a CM9 on hold, if they are gone when I get there, oh well, it was never meant to happen. If available, I'll have to put some serious thought into getting it.
Any advice or words of wisdom from the board....? :D

Bill K
07-05-2011, 06:29 PM
Sounds like a plan. Hope you pick one up and have zero problems with the gun.

yqtszhj
07-05-2011, 06:52 PM
I have had zero problems with my CM9 that were not me getting used to it. rounds 150-250 were excellent and flawless. cant wait to get out and shoot some more.

If you get one I hope it's as flawless as mine has been so far.

Papa13
07-05-2011, 06:59 PM
I bought my first Kahr, a CM9 couple weeks ago, and have run 240 rounds thru it with no problems at all, about half factory, the rest reloads, 115 grain and 124 grain and I must say I am really pleased, better than I first expected. Good luck in your decision!!

PaiN
07-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Can I asked what you paid? $480(+ 6% CT sales tax) seems high....The Ruger LC9 in the same shop is ~$100 less.

yqtszhj
07-05-2011, 07:31 PM
$449 at a local gun show. I probably could have got it cheaper but there was a guy that offered me $360 for my CW9 that had 1000 rounds through it that I only paid $400 for so I couldn't pass it up.

Yes, I traded the CW9 :( but was able to tell the wife I got rid of something in order to get the CM9. I wanted the PM9 anyway so when the CM9 came out I traded and I'm happy with the trade so far. She has forgot about my Beretta 92 Inox so I didn't complain about having to let go of the CW9. Still came out ahead I figure.

Buds has them cheaper when they are in stock.

JFootin
07-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Here's one of the best ways I have discovered to find the really good deals: http://slickguns.com/

Volunteers post these deals, with a button to go to the actual website. The newer posts are better. Older posts may have sold out, or the price has changed. So, look at the first couple of weeks and forget the rest. Many are with free shipping, so add only your local FFL dealer fee.

mr surveyor
07-05-2011, 07:59 PM
PaiN

a few weeks ago I had a local ffl buddy call to tell me he could get me the CM9 for $385 from the distributor + shipping + $10 "his fee". At the time (and still the present) the funds just weren't available.... wouldn't have mattered if the price was $50 or $650.

Internally I'm not sure if there's any significant difference between the PM9 and the CM9. Given your problems with the PM9 I would guess that the odds would be no different if you went with a replacement PM9 or a new release CM9. I'm personally NOT a Glock fan. The grip just ain't right for me, and the width is a killer. I try to stick to the thin single stacks until I find one that actually works as expected. So far, two years in, my CW9 has put the Kimber and Sig in the safe as my normal edc's.

Since I don't have the economic stability at the moment to buy another handgun, and I do NOT want to reduce my already severely reduced inventory of firearms, I have the luxory (optomistic viewpoint) of careful study of all on the current market. My current preference is DA (9mm) with no safety, and my need is a "boot gun" (aka pocket gun to those so inclined). There are obviously several moderately priced wonder nine's on the market now, including Kahr, Sig, DiamondBack, Ruger and others. Having followed the reviews and scanning the boards for the last few weeks it seems to me that the Kahr CM9 is the most praised and least condemned. But, that could be due to a smaller market share.

At the moment, the CM9 seems to be the one to fill the empty niche in my collection, but the Kimber Solo is still running a close second. The Solo does not fit my current preferred manual of arms as it is striker fired single action, which requires the thumb safety. If the Solo ends up being sufficiently superior to the Kahr line before I recover from the late great obomanation, I could retrain myself to the thumb safety and resume carry of the Kimber Compact IWB and aquire the Solo for "boot" duty when needed. For now though, I'm still putting the CM9 on the top of the list.

surv

pennhead
07-05-2011, 08:05 PM
I got mine for $445 out-the-door at my local gun shop. Bud's Gun Shop has them in stock for $430 with free shipping... you just have to cover the FFL fee, which is usually far less than sales tax.

This is my first Kahr, and it's got me wondering why I waited so long to get one. Forever gone are my Glocks (including not one, but two G26 models). I'm already thinking I need a CW9 or CW40.

PaiN
07-05-2011, 08:43 PM
I'm in a tight spot financially, we just finished big time house renovations not to mention two broken guns...First the PM45, then the Sig P290. I dropped $600+ on the P290 and 400 rounds in something broke in the FCU and its still out to SIG being repaired. I did like the gun very much, but it started bugging me such a small gun weighed so much and then it broke, making me loose faith.
I do plan to sell the P290 once its working, but I pretty much have to use my store credit(~$500) to buy another gun at this point.

Cookster
07-05-2011, 09:01 PM
PaiN,

You cannot go wrong with either the CM9 or G26. I suppose it comes down to the mission you have in mind for the weapon.

If you want a slimmer width gun that's a easy IWB carry, a possible pocket carry and you are o.k. with carrying 6 or 7 rnds. +1, then the CM9 would be a good choice.

If you are looking for either IWB or OWB carry, a thicker profile and 10+1 rnds of 9mm goodness, then the G26 is the way to go. The G26 would also be better for home protection, as you can use G19/G17 mags, and even Glock's 33 rnd mag, for the night stand use.

Rob

RogerP9fan
07-05-2011, 11:01 PM
CM9 has been great so far, 290 rounds. Need to start practicing in the carry 6+1 mode though.
Had problems with the P9 and CW45 but not the CM9. It's my carry partner dream come true...... so far.

PaiN
07-06-2011, 04:15 AM
You cannot go wrong with either the CM9 or G26. I suppose it comes down to the mission you have in mind for the weapon.

The mission will be EDC. I carry the same way all the time, appendix ~1oc ItW and I don't like a "big gun" there. I've always thought a G26/27 would be too big for my EDC tastes, until all these gun breakages have forced me to start carrying my G30. Now, too me, the G30 seemed huge for carry(I have it for HD, SHTF and never gave it a second thought for EDC) but it has been surprisingly tolerable in a make shift DeSantis Pro-Stealth holster. The baby Glock in considerably smaller and lighter than the G30 and in a quality holster, they will likely carry nice. That said, no Glock is going to carry as nice as a Kahr CM/PM and I already have two Don Hume holsters for these guns.

joe d
07-06-2011, 08:18 AM
I have just under 1500 flawless rounds thru my CM9...Never a hiccup...Got it from Buds' when they first had em' for $417...I now carry it everywhere...

jocko
07-06-2011, 09:32 AM
doesn't surprise me at all. it';s a clone tothge PM9 which ius a perfect shooter today..

yqtszhj
07-06-2011, 05:46 PM
The mission will be EDC. I carry the same way all the time, appendix ~1oc ItW and I don't like a "big gun" there. I've always thought a G26/27 would be too big for my EDC tastes, until all these gun breakages have forced me to start carrying my G30. Now, too me, the G30 seemed huge for carry(I have it for HD, SHTF and never gave it a second thought for EDC) but it has been surprisingly tolerable in a make shift DeSantis Pro-Stealth holster. The baby Glock in considerably smaller and lighter than the G30 and in a quality holster, they will likely carry nice. That said, no Glock is going to carry as nice as a Kahr CM/PM and I already have two Don Hume holsters for these guns.

My CM carries good in my Don Hume appendix carry at 1:30 same holster, same way I carried my CW9. My CW9 was OK but that extra 1/2 inch or so of barrel legnth (I think it was more than that actually, closer to 3/4 in the holster) caused it to push up when I would sit down. The CM9 just stays put. Very nice. It's a little big for me to pocket carry in jeans but I'm going to try it in some baggier cargo's with deeper pockets. Just love that gun so far. As much or more than my CW9

PaiN
07-06-2011, 09:27 PM
Kind of a crazy night :hungry: ....I did make too the shop, a CM9 was there @ $480+tax. I made the sale guy work, we had lots of guns out, about everything in the store that was suitable for EDC from a $1000 Colt New Agent to a $250 KT PF9. The price of that CM9 wasn't sitting well(other local shops said their price was $439) and I couldn't come up with a reason that gun was so special I had to pay extra for it.
What I walked out with was a Ruger LC9...Too me, of all the guns in the store, this pistol had the best balance of value, ergonomics and firepower.
I had a couple LCs to choose from, one had a particularly smooth(er) trigger pull, so I took that one. The LC9 is a perfect fit in my Don Hume 715 of Kahr MK/PM and was $110 less than the CM9....I used the savings to snag 400 FMJ rounds of 9mm and .45auto.
Fresh out of the box
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x298/Mikepain_pics/LC9/DSC03538.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x298/Mikepain_pics/LC9/DSC03536.jpg

Then I was off to make a trade I have been working on for a few weeks...
I picked up this FNH FNP45, just after getting LC9

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x298/Mikepain_pics/FNP45/DSC03537.jpg