PDA

View Full Version : Disapointed CW45 owner

45HST
07-06-2011, 11:37 AM
Hello from Indy.

I just picked up my new CW45 30 minutes ago and it already has to go back to Kahr :mad:. The trigger has to be pulled all the way back untill it cant go back any further before it will function. Only then it will work 50% of the time.
Is this a common problem with Kahrs or did I get a lemon?

sharkbait22
07-06-2011, 11:45 AM
I'm not sure I'm following you...

knkali
07-06-2011, 11:48 AM
are you saying that 50% of the time when you pull the trigger it doesnt go bang? Have you taken it to the range yet or is this from dry firing? If not, you might want to try it out with live rnds first. Please chk out the sticky on prepping your gun for the range. Good stuff in there. It could be as simple as the gun's slide not worked in so it is not in battery and therefore no trigger.

45HST
07-06-2011, 12:15 PM
There is something definitely wong with the gun. It wont function like the other the Kahr's I have in my shop. To answer the previous question, it only dry fires 50% of the time.

knkali
07-06-2011, 12:42 PM
it might need to be broken in and not going fully into battery. Before you send it in, break it down, clean it. Rack it 200 times, then try firing it. Why not give the easy stuff a try first?

45HST
07-06-2011, 01:04 PM
Ive got 7 Kahrs in my gun shop and this CW45 is nothing like the other ones I have. I understand the break in procedure but if I can only to get it to dry fire half the time something is seriously wrong. The gun was just picked up by FEDEX and is now on its way back to Kahr. Hopefully they will make it right. Ive been selling Kahrs for about 3 years and this is the first one to go back.

I will keep you guys updated on how this goes. Kahr was very nice and helpful with me i ngetting an RA# and shipping.

knkali
07-06-2011, 01:20 PM
sorry 45hst, i hope you dont thinks i was talking down to you. Hope it is 5x5 when back.

45HST
07-06-2011, 03:24 PM
Not at all buddy. Its hard to describe things via words sometimes. Other than the malfunction, I love the gun. Its so thin and lighweight. It will be my new carry gun in the shop. My G19 gets heavy after 9 hrs.

CJB
07-06-2011, 03:35 PM
I still can't help think that some bit of plastic shaving gets into a spot where it ought not be - to cause the occasional trigger issue. Maybe I'm too analytical on it, but I'd want to know EXACTLY what the problem one, and the issue of a trigger not resetting or other similar dysfunction, should be easy to spot once that side plate is off.

TheTman
07-06-2011, 04:52 PM
I too had a trigger that wouldn't reset on my CW45. The gun would go fully into battery, yet nothing happend when you pulled the trigger, no click, no nothing, just like when you pull the trigger after you have dry fired it and haven't reset the trigger. Sent it back to Kahr. They did some major work on in it, and now it works flawlessly, as long as I do my part, not limp wristing, etc. They reworked side panel, new trigger bar spring, replaced slide stop spring, new recoil spring guide, lubed and test fired and declared it good to go.

45HST
07-06-2011, 07:03 PM
I have no doubts Kahr will make it right. They were very helpful on the phone and fedex was there to pick it up 3 hours later with priority overnight shipping. That's top notch CS right there.

RogerP9fan
07-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Same here. First got my CW45 and it would fire the first round and then......nothing, the trigger wouldn't reset to "engage with the internal mechanisms"
Just got it back from Kahr today and they replaced the trigger bar and perhaps did other stuff cause the slide stop is a much tighter fit now and I'm happy to tell ya, I just got back from the range and it's a flawless great shooting .45! 130 rounds, 30 of which were Speer Gold Dot 230g :D:D:D Now, I just need to practice bringing my shots up a little bit :rolleyes:

45HST
07-15-2011, 10:05 AM
Got my cw45 back yesterday and it seems Kahr has fixed the trigger. They replaced the trigger bar and polished the chamber. I hope to get it out this week to shoot it.

knkali
07-15-2011, 10:12 AM
congrats. shoot the snot out of it

TheTman
07-15-2011, 10:15 AM
Glad they got it fixed up for you.

JBowl1
07-16-2011, 08:31 AM
Thinking of buying a CW45, but I'm bummed that you can't change the sights out since they are pinned and not dovetailed. Thoughts?

OldLincoln
07-16-2011, 08:55 AM
You can change them out for new pined sights by knocking out the pins on the old and flaring the pins on the new. UTube videos show how. What you can't do is adjust the front sight, just like most guns.

jocko
07-16-2011, 10:12 AM
Thinking of buying a CW45, but I'm bummed that you can't change the sights out since they are pinned and not dovetailed. Thoughts?

true. the back site is beveled like all sights and will accept any rear sight made for kahrs. Front site is pinned and can be replaced with now quite a few nice options for front sites. Not much deifferent than glock front "pinned" sights. Most never realy mess with adjusting the front sight on a gun anyways, and u better have a good sight pusher if your gonna start moving dovetails sights left or right. After market sightrs seem to move easier than factory sights

Dawson offers soeice front and back sight set up for kahrs, as does kahr also. Front sight is a no brainer for pinned kahrs but I would recommend letteing the sight company nstall the rear sight if you choose to do so, or at least a good smitty with a sight pusher, as kahrs sightrs are very tight VERY.

gb6491
07-16-2011, 02:41 PM
As Old Lincoln and Jocko have said there are some very nice sight options available for the CW45. Old Lincoln was describing (...flaring the pins on the new) how the Dawson front sight that Jocko mentioned is installed. I have the Trijicons that Kahr offers on mine. That front sight is held on with a screw.
http://i50.tinypic.com/iviro0.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/35jvy54.jpg
Regards,
Greg

OldLincoln
07-16-2011, 04:16 PM
I watched a video of Dave Dawson installing a front sight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do8sHBDfIGk) and was surprised at his fit & file to get it right then locktite it in. Convinced me that if I were to get one I'd let a pro do it.

45HST
07-16-2011, 05:04 PM
Since I already have a sight pusher I might just have to put some Trijicons on my CW45.

jocko
07-16-2011, 05:36 PM
ur way ahead of most owners. I finally had to buy one a fewyears back for my kahrs. Later on just raelized moving left to right and then right to left and back and forth, only prove one thing: ol jocko is just one piss poor shot.so the sight pusher rests in peace now in the gun box..

45HST
08-08-2011, 01:39 PM
Update: Just got back from the range and put 400 flawless rounds through my CW45. It fed everything from HST+p, Ranger T+p, Gold Dots, Golden Saber, WWB FMJ, S&B FMJ and my reloads (230 LRN w/4.5 Bullseye).
I have to say that I am now a happy CW45 owner. Now I have my eye on a CW9.

franco45
08-08-2011, 02:23 PM
Go for it the CW9 is a sweet shooter. I have both and also a CM9. I am fast becoming a Kahr fanboi.

45HST
08-08-2011, 04:59 PM
I am going to wear my CW45 to the gun shop tomorrow instead of my G19. Working 9hr days gets old with a heavy gun strapped to your side. Now I just need to get a spare mag carrier and decent holster and I will be set

patbelly
08-09-2011, 10:10 PM
Just got a CW45 last week. The trigger seemed a little weak compared to my cw9 so I took it back to LGS to compare to other CW45's. They were out, but the guy I talked to told me to shoot 50 rounds and if there was any problem bring it back. Cool. Took it to the range and performed flawlessly. I think I read somewhere that the CW45 will not cycle Tulammo 45 ACP. I tried it once and the round went into battery but would not eject. Will Tulammo work after break-in or did I just waste cash on 2 boxes of the cheap ammo? Love the feel, weight and not much recoil for a small .45.

jlottmc
08-10-2011, 05:23 AM
Never had a problem feeding the cheap stuff in my P45 or the wife's CW45, there is no reason it shouldn't feed. Though I have noticed that those rounds feel much softer as far as recoil than even soft American made stuff. Put some WWB through it, wally world usually has decent prices on that, and see what it does.

gb6491
08-10-2011, 12:35 PM
... I think I read somewhere that the CW45 will not cycle Tulammo 45 ACP. I tried it once and the round went into battery but would not eject. Will Tulammo work after break-in or did I just waste cash on 2 boxes of the cheap ammo? Love the feel, weight and not much recoil for a small .45.
You say it would not eject. Does that mean it would not eject by hand?
If so, and the gun went completely into battery, then you are probably good to go when firing it. If the round is a little long (something I've noticed with Tula 9mm), I suspect the bullet is being pushed in to the rifling which can make it difficult to eject by hand. Once the bullet has been sent down the tube, the case should eject just fine. I had a similar issue with a certain brand of hollow points in my CW45 when it was new.
Regards,
Greg

patbelly
08-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Yes, it would not eject by hand. Will give it a try on the range. My CW9 eats up everything and I was hoping the CW45 would do the same. I now feel confident that
all will be good. Thanks for the information.