PDA

View Full Version : P9 Covert Sight Question

tsquare
12-20-2009, 04:22 PM
Ok, I purchased a Kahr P9 Covert yesterday, this was manufactured in 2002. I took slide off and it has the machine dimple but it is not in the same location shown on Kahr web site. I cant tell by sight if the sights are new or old style. Anyone have any ideas?

jocko
12-21-2009, 06:41 AM
Ok, I purchased a Kahr P9 Covert yesterday, this was manufactured in 2002. I took slide off and it has the machine dimple but it is not in the same location shown on Kahr web site. I cant tell by sight if the sights are new or old style. Anyone have any ideas?

you have the ol style dovetail cuts. any kahr made pre 2004 has the different dovetail slide cuts .

My dimple is like yours also on my older K9. the dimple is up on the middle of the sldle on the left side.

Goggle up MMC sights and go to their kahr sights ection. I put that MMC combat rear adjustable sight on my K( and love it. You willhave one hell of a time getting the factory sights out,s o you willhav eto let a smitty do it, or youcan send the sldie back to kahr and they willinstall the sights for you also. Kahr sells night sights for the Pre 2004 models also. A sight pusher is a must to get the old sights out, trust me, they will not move.

P9 covert, damnnice gun...

tsquare
12-21-2009, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the info. I kind of thought they were, but just wanted to make sure. Off to order the night sights now.