PDA

View Full Version : Ruger SR9c owners, chime in

rholmes69
07-08-2011, 08:54 AM
Need help with an issue and need someone to try to replicate an issue. Can you help please?

Rainman48314
07-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Need help with an issue and need someone to try to replicate an issue. Can you help please? I owned one but just traded it in on a new GSM 1911-22. At a shooting lesson, I learned it was slightly too large for my girlie hands.

Now shooting:

Kimber Rimfire Target in 17 Mach2
GSM 1911-22LR
M&P 9 with thumb safety
Sig P238 .380 Auto
Kahr PM9 with NS
Ruger LC9

For Sale in Michigan: Beretta Neos 6" barell 22LR

jdavis
07-08-2011, 04:20 PM
I have a Ruger SR9C. IMHO, it is a great compact 9 that has a super good trigger. It is plenty accurate for a service type pistol and is as reliable as the rising sun. My SR9C is built like a tank and it eats any 9mm cartridge that I feed it without complaint. I have considered trading it for a CM9 but it is so good that I hate to let it go. I will probably keep it and buy the CM9 after the market cools off a bit.:D

rholmes69
07-08-2011, 04:51 PM
Jdavis can you try something for me?

I have one as well and I am having a problem. This is the deal:

Eject magazine, rack slide like I am chambering a round and ensure that the chamber is clear. Release slide. Dry fire. Now insert loaded magazine. Rack slide again and look into the breech and at the striker hole. At this point on mine, the firing pin is full extruded (sticking out like it is hitting the primer on a round). As I release the slide to chamber the round, the round gets pushed forward to the chamber, but is jammed halfway to battery as the rim of the shell catches on the firing pin that is sticking out.

I do not have the problem if I don't pull the trigger prior to attempting to chamber the round. I just want to see if it is an isolated problem with mine or if "they all do that."

Thanks. I can send a few pics if this is confusing...

jdavis
07-08-2011, 05:16 PM
My gun does exactly the same. The gun has a magazine disconnect which prevents the pistol from firing without a magazine in place. If you look at the manual, it will tell you not to dry fire without the magazine installed. I am not an expert on the mechanics of this, but if you go to one of the Ruger forums they will be able to clarify this for you.