PDA

View Full Version : P45 Problems...WHY WHY WHY!

blasterman88
07-10-2011, 09:31 PM
So, i good friend of mine bought a P45. He actually got his before I got my P40 but hadnt got to shoot it yet. 40 rounds, weapon jams, drops the mag to clear the round in the chamber and all the ejection parts came with it. Basically **** the bed right there. Gun will have to be sent back to Kahr. So far 2 out of 2 are POS!! Actually my P40 is a little better now that i have put 250 rds through it but iv already broke one mag. He is actually taking his back to the FFL and going to be going with a compact Springfield 1911. Sad to say, this will be my last polymer weapon as well, especially for CCW!

gb6491
07-10-2011, 09:46 PM
So, i good friend of mine bought a P45. He actually got his before I got my P40 but hadnt got to shoot it yet. 40 rounds, weapon jams, drops the mag to clear the round in the chamber and all the ejection parts came with it. Basically **** the bed right there. Gun will have to be sent back to Kahr. So far 2 out of 2 are POS!! Actually my P40 is a little better now that i have put 250 rds through it but iv already broke one mag. He is actually taking his back to the FFL and going to be going with a compact Springfield 1911. Sad to say, this will be my last polymer weapon as well, especially for CCW!
So, I guess we are talking about the extractor and associated parts. Did your buddy ever happen (at any point) to put a round in the chamber then let the slide go home on it?
Regards,
Greg

RogerP9fan
07-10-2011, 09:54 PM
Sorry to hear about it. I've not heard of that type of failure in this forum before.
I actually believe the polymer soaks up alot of the .45 shock type recoil.
I remember shooting the only 1911 I ever owned (Para P14*45) and my forearm was sore for a week after 150 rounds.

blasterman88
07-11-2011, 12:39 AM
Greg please explain in further detail by what you mean...

gb6491
07-11-2011, 02:23 AM
Greg please explain in further detail by what you mean...
If he's sending it back it doesn't really matter, but I was curious.
If it was the extractor and associated parts that came out of the gun, I'd think that either the extractor broke (often the result of the slide being dropped on a round already in the chamber) or the extractor spring was not applying pressure to the extractor (gummed up tunnel, broken/defective spring, problem with the pins, parts improperly installed, etc.) As parts came out of the gun, I was leaning towards a broken extractor and wanted to either confirm or eliminate a variable.
Regards,
Greg

earle8888
07-11-2011, 11:15 AM
Yes, I would also like to know. I must be blessed, I have had NO problems with my P45, again one of the first ones available, after the MANDATORY Clean-up and shoot-in, about 400 rounds for me, I was getting used to the Kahr trigger, converted to carrying it from 1911's
Sorry to hear of your problems!

jocko
07-11-2011, 01:33 PM
would have been nice if this forum guru;'s had a chance at helping the poster, but if the gun is on the way back, then really no need to come complaing on this fourm, for we just can't help anyone who doesn't come forward.

blasterman88
07-11-2011, 04:52 PM
The gun has not been sent back to Kahr yet. It will be however as it was the extractor that broke. Not sure why it happend to be honest. I am not as much complaining Jocko as to being curious why we have had problems with 2 out of 2 Kahrs?

O'Dell
07-11-2011, 08:07 PM
The gun has not been sent back to Kahr yet. It will be however as it was the extractor that broke. Not sure why it happend to be honest. I am not as much complaining Jocko as to being curious why we have had problems with 2 out of 2 Kahrs?

Bad Karma? I can balance it out a bit because I've had five Kahrs and not one has given a problem. One was a CW45, similar to the P w/o the frills.

CJB
07-11-2011, 10:13 PM
I'd buy another PM45 in a New York second if the need arose. Hell, I may just buy another, "just because".

jocko
07-12-2011, 06:08 AM

here from me, my opint is that maybe the extractor was never put together right in the first place and was just sitting there. Are u sure the extractor actually broke, as that is such a rairity, that I am trying to remember if I have even seen a broken kahr extractor.. If u have all the parts, which most have to still be in the extractor channel even, u could try putting it all back together RIGHT and seeing what flys. Might save a few weeks of waiting. Not nice k when it happens to u, we realize that, . I sooner think the extractor system was not put together right from kahr.

jlottmc
07-12-2011, 06:57 AM
I have two Kahrs, both 45 and both flawless from day one. My P45 is about due for a recoil assembly, but still shoots very well. I know a cop friend of mine that has a pm45, and a pm40, all flawless.