PDA

View Full Version : Cw45 help !!

chavez556
07-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Hi Kahrtalkers,

I just recently ditched my Keltec pf9, and bought a CW45 ($365.00 w/box of ammo OTD) . I took it home cleaned it up . It was pretty rough but anyways I noticed that the springs were really tight so I left the mag full of 230 gr rn (reloads) ,and kept the slide locked back all night.

I then take it to the range the next day, and got to shoot some 230 gr xtp jhp and the round will feed but I notice the guide rod was sticking out some so I try to rack the slide, and it took some hulk arms to get it open . Finally the round ejects, and I put in some cci blazer, and they ran 100% .

So anyways at one point while I was shooting I reloaded and noticed the slide stop came loose, so I tried to tighten the screw but it's still pretty loose. Is there any other tips anyone can give me or share there experience with what sd ammo works the best. I measured the OAW on the blazers and they were at .472, and my reloads were at .473 so I'm thinking a tighter crimp will do the trick.

mr surveyor
07-12-2011, 09:29 PM
It sounds to me like you may be having problems with some bulged cases that won't properly headspace. Are you fully re-sizing the brass?

I would try some clean factory ammo then work from there.

JMO

surv

chavez556
07-12-2011, 09:56 PM
Yes I do fully resize should I not resize all the way ?

JimA
07-14-2011, 08:40 AM
Were the XTP's reloads? If so, what is your COL? I load 185 XTP for my CW45 at 1.210" to get them to reliably work. Hornady suggests 1.225" but those are too long for my chamber. Take your barrel off and try dropping your rounds in the chamber. If they don't click to the bottom they wont work properly.