PDA

View Full Version : Les Baer T-Chrome Monolith

gb6491
07-14-2011, 08:44 AM
Not mine, but I thought some of the 1911 aficionados here might like to take a gander at something a little different:
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?p=7441272#post7441272
Regards,
Greg

JFootin
07-14-2011, 09:12 AM
Whaddaya think one of them sells for? It makes me feel less cool because I don't have one! :nerd:Don't let Melissa5 see this, or there'll be another big chunk out of that inheritance! :rolleyes:

Bawanna
07-14-2011, 09:18 AM
I think the guy said he paid 2100. Other places 2800. Its sure a fine looking piece of machinery. Always liked the looks of the monolith. Probably just cause it's different.

OldLincoln
07-14-2011, 09:53 AM
Maybe it's because the pics are so good, but that is about the most beautiful gun I've seen. Studying it admiring the construction gives me the impression whoever built that loves their job and are proud of their efforts.

I also got a kick out of the post following the pics:

"You need to list it in your title if there are indecent pictures in your thread.

My wife is angry, apparently I don't even look at her that way any more."

Bawanna
07-14-2011, 10:13 AM
Maybe it's because the pics are so good, but that is about the most beautiful gun I've seen. Studying it admiring the construction gives me the impression whoever built that loves their job and are proud of their efforts.

I also got a kick out of the post following the pics:

"You need to list it in your title if there are indecent pictures in your thread.

My wife is angry, apparently I don't even look at her that way any more."

I'll second that. I think I like guns so much because they are the one consistent thing in my life.
With a wife you never know if your getting a hug or dodging a double bitted axe. I'll stick with my guns. Safer. Course if I got me a monolith I'd probably be without a wife. I'll ponder some and see if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

O'Dell
07-14-2011, 01:19 PM
It looks nice - sorta like a modernized 2011 version of the 1911. However, at two grand + a bunch, I'll stick with my Springfield, SIG, and STI 1911's. I still think the 4.25 inch SIG C3 is the prettiest pistol I own.