PDA

View Full Version : New P380 dropping mags

GOOFA
12-23-2009, 02:54 AM
I finally took care of one problem with my new P380 and a new one popped up. Every magazine I shoot the magazine drops mostly on the 4th shot and occasionally on the 5th. By the way, the problem that finally was taken care of was the premature locking of the slide... the fix was grinding / filing the slide stop to allow the ammo to clear when advancing in the magazine. I have eliminated myself as the suspect.:confused:

jocko
12-23-2009, 05:51 AM
I finally took care of one problem with my new P380 and a new one popped up. Every magazine I shoot the magazine drops mostly on the 4th shot and occasionally on the 5th. By the way, the problem that finally was taken care of was the premature locking of the slide... the fix was grinding / filing the slide stop to allow the ammo to clear when advancing in the magazine. I have eliminated myself as the suspect.:confused:

u have a bad magazine catch. Probably a call to kahr will get you a new catch. Nice job in trouble shooting the pre mature slide locking thing. A fix that most can do, but should not have to, Course IMO it beats sendng the gun back like Jim K would surely do:4:

rss5995
12-23-2009, 08:29 AM
i have 4 kahrs, including the p380. they all spit out mags. they all break followers too. changing the magazine release doesn't help. if you closely examine the ammo as it rises up the magazine, you'll see that the bullet pushes against the mag release. you even see brass marks on your mag release where it contacts the bullet.

jocko
12-23-2009, 08:33 AM
i have 4 kahrs, including the p380. they all spit out mags. they all break followers too. changing the magazine release doesn't help. if you closely examine the ammo as it rises up the magazine, you'll see that the bullet pushes against the mag release. you even see brass marks on your mag release where it contacts the bullet.

the more reason to believe it is a bad mag release. I own 3 kahrs including a P380 and I have no mag release issues, so I still feel it is a bad mag release. Many have received new mag releases and it has solved their issues..

GOOFA
12-24-2009, 12:56 PM
I have a K9094CN, 2 CW9093's, K9098A, KP3833 and this is the first time that I have had any trouble with the mags dropping. Hopefully, the new release will fix the issue. By the way, last night I put a PM9094N on hold till Sunday for me, gives me a couple of days to think it over. Well, Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays, Everyone!:D

rss5995
04-07-2010, 09:25 PM
the more reason to believe it is a bad mag release. I own 3 kahrs including a P380 and I have no mag release issues, so I still feel it is a bad mag release. Many have received new mag releases and it has solved their issues..

it solves it temporarily, but the repair just doesn't last.

GOOFA
04-08-2010, 12:56 AM
it solves it temporarily, but the repair just doesn't last.

You are 100% correct. I went through 4 addl mag catch's and none of them lasted more than 50 rounds.

wyntrout
04-08-2010, 11:56 PM
Darn! I've been trying to get my new P380 to let the mags go. I filed a bit indiscriminately and sanded a bit and it's still harder than I like to push the button and get it to release. I have to shift my hand a bit to get enough leverage.
Wynn

jocko
04-09-2010, 05:43 AM
Darn! I've been trying to get my new P380 to let the mags go. I filed a bit indiscriminately and sanded a bit and it's still harder than I like to push the button and get it to release. I have to shift my hand a bit to get enough leverage.
Wynn

I bet with some time, that will smooth out to,. Mine was like that at the start and now is just like all my kahrs. I never touched the mag release either.

rss5995
04-22-2010, 07:53 PM
You are 100% correct. I went through 4 addl mag catch's and none of them lasted more than 50 rounds.

i sold my polymer kahrs and bought an all stainless steel mk40. it completely cured the problem with dropping mags. much higher quality in the mk series over the pm series.