PDA

View Full Version : PM9 range report.... (again)...

WilliamG
07-18-2011, 03:11 PM
So, I've only been to the range three times with my PM9 since I got it a couple of months ago, but it performed admirably with zero failures of any sort with factory 9mm and Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P.

Yesterday, went to the range again and put 181 more rounds through the PM9 (481 rounds total, now), with no issues at all, again.

Just wish I could figure out why my shot placement is generally 2 inches to the left of point of aim. Working on it (it's my trigger control, though not sure what to do there!). :) Handed it to one of the range professionals, and he was making holes through holes at 7 yards, and he's never fired a Kahr before!

I need more practice! :)

TucsonMTB
07-18-2011, 03:20 PM
Try a little less finger on the trigger and try to develop a trigger pulling style where the tip moves straight back, rather than to the side.

Once you learn to do that, you can shoot almost any double action pistol with good accuracy.

WilliamG
07-18-2011, 03:22 PM
Try a little less finger on the trigger and try to develop a trigger pulling style where the tip moves straight back, rather than to the side.

Once you learn to do that, you can shoot almost any double action pistol with good accuracy.

Yep, too much finger, thank you.

Interestingly, I have a Crimson Trace laser so I can dry fire and see if the laser moves on the wall. I have big hands, and if I use just the middle of the first part of my trigger finger, I pull the laser a bit to the right as the trigger breaks. If I put the first bend of my trigger finger on the trigger, the laser does not move at all when it breaks. With real ammo, having too much finger in there is clearly causing a problem of sorts...

In my world, therefore, dry firing does not tell you how well you're going to shoot when live ammunition is involved. :(

jocko
07-18-2011, 03:26 PM
QUOTE: In my world, therefore, dry firing does not tell you how well you're going to shoot when live ammunition is involved.

U GOT THAT RIGHT!!!

WilliamG
07-18-2011, 03:29 PM
I guess I don't see the point of dry firing, then?

I think your practice should come from LIVE firing, and nothing else. In fact, judging by how differently I shoot live and dry, I think it's downright dangerous to dry-fire practice.

But hey, that's just me. :)

TucsonMTB
07-18-2011, 03:32 PM
I never bother either. It has no entertainment value. ;)

jocko
07-18-2011, 03:48 PM
it can help ones trigger control but personally there is nothing that compares to that BANG thing. I am not condeming it..

les strat
07-19-2011, 09:01 AM
It just helps you get used to the trigger pull, especially if you are used to shooting something like a Glock or SR9c, etc. with a short crisp pull.