PDA

View Full Version : Lovecraft Action Shooting

Story
07-18-2011, 04:13 PM
Found this, thought I'd share -

Bullets over Arkham
It's no secret that there's a lot of overlap on the geek/gunnie venn diagram. So it shouldn't be a surprise that gun enthusiasts really like nerdy shooting sports that give them an excuse to dress up in costume and reenact the past. There's cowboy action shooting, obviously, but there are also the Zoot Shooters for noire-ey-er geeks, and even tongue in cheek proposals for pirate action shooting and steampunk action shooting. It's obvious, really: I can have a Renaissance fair where I get to shoot stuff? Awesome.

These are great games, and I wish all their devotees well. But you know what's missing.

Lovecraft action shooting.
http://elmoiscariot.blogspot.com/2011/03/bullets-over-arkham.html

The match ends with dumping as much lead down-range as possible and then running away . . .

Bill K
07-18-2011, 04:28 PM
I've a friend and hunting buddy that is into some sort of horseback shooting. Combines his interest in horses and firearms though I think only single action revolvers are allowed. In the pictures he showed me of him practicing he wasn't wearing cowboy garb but I think that is required in competition. Oh, they use blanks to pop balloons positioned around the course.