PDA

View Full Version : trigger finger

stanleydjohns
07-18-2011, 05:16 PM
do any people have a problem using the first pad on their finger to pull the trigger ot the first joint, I can't figure out the best way to shoot this pistol, I'v ran a couple hundred rounds and am not pleased with either method, it's a cw9, I had a p45 that I used the pad on trigger and it was a tack driver, I am so confused, opinions pulease, thanks Stan

TucsonMTB
07-18-2011, 06:37 PM
There may be more involved . . .

http://home.mindspring.com/%7Ejustsomeguy/Target%20with%20Technique%20Issuses%20Noted%20Clea n.JPG

yqtszhj
07-18-2011, 07:07 PM
Everybody's different but I have to put my whole trigger finger when pulling the trigger. I have large hands and unless the grip is large like a 92FS The pad of the first joint doesn't work out that good. I use the pad of the second joint on my Kahr's but when I pull the trigger it works best if I think "push back" instead of pull.

OldLincoln
07-18-2011, 07:09 PM
I use the pad, but mostly bend the finger from the middle joint trying to keep the finger at 90* to the barrel all the way through. I recall reading material on this so you may Google it.

BuckeyeBlast
07-18-2011, 07:46 PM
On almost every other gun I own I use the pad. But, on my Kahr's I have to shoot w/ my first knuckle (right behind the pad). It works out well, since my finger goes there naturally with the smaller grip, but it did take some time for me to figure that out. I'm brutally accurate w/ the joint on my Kahr's now.

Don't waste all your ammo. Spend some time watching the front sight while dry-firing at home. Watching your front sight without recoil will give you a lot of insight as to what's going on when the trigger breaks.

earle8888
07-19-2011, 02:22 PM
The CTL is great for practicing and letting U see your movement.

wyntrout
07-19-2011, 02:27 PM
From that guide above, if you do ALL of those things at the same time, you should be able to get them in the middle... or close enough.

Wynn:D

LaP
07-19-2011, 02:55 PM
+1 on the Crimson Trace Lasergrip. That little dot helps you see the effect your trigger pull has on your sight movement or wobble zone.
As far as pad or joint... my first joint rests right on the trigger of the CW9. It works for me.

TucsonMTB
07-19-2011, 02:58 PM
From that guide above, if you do ALL of those things at the same time, you should be able to get them in the middle... or close enough.

Wynn:D
I really like your style, sir! :D

That was a much needed laugh . . .

wyntrout
07-19-2011, 03:14 PM
I think I incorporate a lot of those things into my "style" and some of them are compensating enough to hit what I'm aiming at.

When I shot my K9 with the new LaserGrips, I found it kind of distracting to use the iron sights while the laser was on. I was better just using the laser OR the sights with the Laser off. It was my first time out and my recently retired brother turned the Laser off and we had fun shooting just the K9 with its sights.

The K9 has newly (well, last year) re-lamped Trijicon Night Sights AND the CT Laser Grips, along with 3 8-round extended grip mags for 8+1 +16 at my TV-watching position. I also have a good strong tactical light or two at hand.

I just wish I could get a K45! I keep thinking about the K40, but I don't want or need ANOTHER caliber to buy! :eek: .380 acp, 9mm and .45 acp are quite enough!

Wynn:)

TucsonMTB
07-19-2011, 03:38 PM
I just wish I could get a K45! I keep thinking about the K40, but I don't want or need ANOTHER caliber to buy! :eek: .380 acp, 9mm and .45 acp are quite enough!

Wynn:)
We think alike. That's good, I think.

In hand guns, we have limited it to 22LR, .380 ACP, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP . . . not necessarily in order of preference.

Recently, I have been considering dumping .380 ACP, but we have a lifetime supply of both ammo and smaller pocket pistols. In fact, the LCP is slated to become a gift to my brother . . . if he gets around to picking it up before I get a wild hare and sell it. :rolleyes:

TheTman
07-19-2011, 03:54 PM
I use the pad of my finger, with the first joint contacting the edge of the trigger. As the trigger is pulled my finger slides a little until the middle of the first joint is on the trigger when the trigger breaks.