PDA

View Full Version : New and interesting ways to spend money....

PaiN
12-24-2009, 04:08 AM
:D In my never ending quest to spend money a thought crossed my mind this morning.
I REALLY loved the look of a Black Stainless Steel P9 w/ns I saw when shopping for my CCW. That P9 would have been $800+ out the door. I ended up with this awesome CW9 and no complaints here...
Okay, so here is my thought/question, I'm going to eventually get night sights for this CW.
Can I call up Kahr purchase night sights installed on a black stainless P9 slide, when it comes in interchange my CW9 parts into the new P9 slide? Will the P9 slide work on the CW frame?
Are the components interchangeable like this or am I :crazy: ?

thanks

PaiN
12-24-2009, 05:54 PM
No one knows if this is possible??

RiskPro
12-25-2009, 10:15 PM
Have you considered just having your current slide refinished in black or a variant that you prefer?

You can use Gunkote if you are an excellent DIY person but there are some excellent online companies that will do it for a good price with lasting quality.

Might be an option to consider.

PaiN
12-26-2009, 05:14 AM
Yes I have looked into other options. There is a local shop (http://www.jojosgunworks.com/) that does excellent work, but they are backed up and expensive. I've also been reading up on Duracoat (http://www.duracoat-finishes.com/). I'd love a black slide.

jocko
12-26-2009, 06:19 AM
:D In my never ending quest to spend money a thought crossed my mind this morning.
I REALLY loved the look of a Black Stainless Steel P9 w/ns I saw when shopping for my CCW. That P9 would have been $800+ out the door. I ended up with this awesome CW9 and no complaints here...
Okay, so here is my thought/question, I'm going to eventually get night sights for this CW.
Can I call up Kahr purchase night sights installed on a black stainless P9 slide, when it comes in interchange my CW9 parts into the new P9 slide? Will the P9 slide work on the CW frame?
Are the components interchangeable like this or am I :crazy: ?

thanks

you can't call kahr and order a gun from them. If I bought a P9 I would not wantto convert any cw stuff to make it fit on my cw. makes no sense tome.

basically the same size two guns. You have a dandy cw9, order some night sights and have them installed locally, send the slide to ACCURATE-IRON com and he can refinish it in any finish you wnat. His work is top nothc and he is more than reasonable also.. You stillwon't even be close to having $800 bucks in your cw 9 with night sights and refinish work..:7:

PaiN
12-26-2009, 04:49 PM
you can't call kahr and order a gun from them. If I bought a P9 I would not wantto convert any cw stuff to make it fit on my cw. makes no sense tome.

basically the same size two guns. You have a dandy cw9, order some night sights and have them installed locally, send the slide to ACCURATE-IRON com and he can refinish it in any finish you wnat. His work is top nothc and he is more than reasonable also.. You still won't even be close to having $800 bucks in your cw 9 with night sights and refinish work..:7:
First Kahr would not be "sending me a new gun". If I did this, I would order a stripped black stainless P9 slide with NS installed. I'd have no need to tell Kahr anything else. Then when I got it here, I'd use the striker, extractor and barrel from the CW installed into the P slide. What I am asking is if these parts are directly interchangeable?
Because it is my understanding that the the CW and P slides are exactly the same internally.

jocko
12-26-2009, 05:05 PM
internally they are the same. I mis understood your point ...sorry about that. I would suspect you could indeed order a dlc P9 slide with night sights... You realize your cw barrel with not be the polygonal rifled barrel that all p SERIES comes with, now would your cw series have the forged slide lock lever, Both of which you could buy if u desire....

ltxi
12-26-2009, 05:07 PM
Call or email customer service and ask. I'll go out on a limb here and suggest that even if it's possible to get/do what you want, you would have been better off just buying the one you're trying to turn this into in the first place.

jocko
12-26-2009, 05:13 PM
Call or email customer service and ask. I'll go out on a limb here and suggest that even if it's possible to get/do what you want, you would have been better off just buying the one you're trying to turn this into in the first place.

and for just a few bucks more you will then have two FULL guns instead of 1 1/2 guns of which "just try " selling off just a cw slide with no internals.

but heh, it's ur gun, I and some others are just trying to show you some better avenues to take--from out standpoint..

PaiN
12-26-2009, 06:53 PM
I am more or less just tossing the idea around. The cost would be $145 slide + $75 NS + ~$65 labor = $285 (ie. the "spending money" part of this title ;))
I doubt I'll do it.....this just one one those ideas that pop in once in awhile...
My common sense would kick in before I actually did I and not want to do anything to jeopardize the functioning of this gun.

Hammer
12-28-2009, 08:35 AM
My $.02.
Leave the CW a CW. Put it up for sale and buy what you want. I.e. a P9 w/ a black slide. You are going to take a beating somewhere, sometime. It might as well be up front.
I had a CW9 and had no intentions of changing models. Unfortunately I found a Black slide, night sighted P9, used. The rest is history. Sold the CW, bought the P9. I love the gun.

Best.

PaiN
12-28-2009, 04:28 PM
My $.02.
Leave the CW a CW. Put it up for sale and buy what you want. I.e. a P9 w/ a black slide. You are going to take a beating somewhere, sometime. It might as well be up front.
I had a CW9 and had no intentions of changing models. Unfortunately I found a Black slide, night sighted P9, used. The rest is history. Sold the CW, bought the P9. I love the gun.

Best.
It would be VERY tough for me to let this CW go. Get night sights, definitely...Change the slide color, maybe....Sell my CW :eek:!!!

mr surveyor
12-28-2009, 09:20 PM
PaiN

Let me help you spend some money,,,, and save you half of that $285 estimate for your proposed "upgrade"

send me your mailing address and I will send you a couple of bank deposit slips and the address of the bank (my account of course), and make out a cashier's check or money order for $142.50, fill out the deposit slip........... not buying it, are you:rolleyes:

surv:D