PDA

View Full Version : Tip for putting the PM9 slide back on the frame after a field strip...

WilliamG
07-19-2011, 10:28 PM
So I'm not sure if this pertains to any of you, but I'd noticed sometimes, after assembling the slide after a cleaning, that getting the slide to slide back onto the polymer frame for slide-stop insertion can be a bear.

I discovered that the barrel needs to be pushed down on a little bit (on the top of the chamber area where it says "9x19") as you're sliding the slide back, because it's getting somehow getting hung up as you pull the slide back. This will greatly facilitate the reassembly of your pistol. Of course, once the slide stop is back in there it's not a problem at all to rack the slide, but if you're running into the issue of the slide hanging up just as you reassemble the gun, this should solve your problem!

Hope this helps. :)

If it doesn't, don't hate me. :D

yqtszhj
07-19-2011, 11:13 PM
Interesting. I'll try this next time. It is a little weird putting it back on.

WilliamG
07-19-2011, 11:15 PM
Interesting. I'll try this next time. It is a little weird putting it back on.

Let me know how you get on. It was definitely frustrating me getting the slide to move back properly until I figured out to push down on the barrel/chamber. Then it slides on like butter! :)

paul34
07-20-2011, 12:38 AM
ohhh. interesting! I'll have to give this a try.

WilliamG
07-20-2011, 12:43 AM
Really curious to hear back from you guys. Don't let me down, ya hear! :D

les strat
07-20-2011, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the tip! I have run into this and finally got it to slide on. I'll try it next time after a range trip.

Popeye
07-21-2011, 05:11 AM
Only thing I've noticed is the guide rod spring gets a little misaligned and you have to have it lined up properly so the guide rod goes through the hole in the front of the slide it to get the slide to slip right on.

WilliamG
07-21-2011, 12:12 PM
I noticed that, too. I've actually had the recoil spring be visible out the front of the gun! Whoops!