PDA

View Full Version : USA Ammo - thumbs up

paul34
07-19-2011, 10:55 PM
I bought 250 rounds of 115gr. 9mm FMJ, remanufactured from USA Ammo. $8.45/box before shipping.

I shot 50 rounds today through my CM9. No malfunctions, and not too dirty, either! Also, I was very satisfied with the accuracy for practice ammo. I actually found it to be a bit more accurate than my 147gr HSTs. I didn't have any to compare, but I liked it better than the Federal Champion I usually use.

Just some background on my CM9 - I had fired 268 rounds before today's session, so I'd say it is broken in (although I had no reliability issues during break in).

It says remanf, and the cases all have different headstamps, but it looks pretty good in the box - like new ammo.

So, my first impressions of this ammo are pretty good. :)

jocko
07-20-2011, 05:12 AM
hell for range fodder tha tis a good price and if they allgo bank that is an excellent price..

yqtszhj
07-20-2011, 07:57 AM
Darn that's a good price for something that works.

cgo99
07-20-2011, 10:15 AM
Good to know thanks paul34, in the same topic I had several problems wit the Tulammo 9mm (a little under $10) on my PM9.
Nothing catastrophic but problems ejecting and such so beware.

Bill K
07-20-2011, 10:58 AM
So it is clear, that is the price for 50 rounds. Order of 250 is $42.25 (42.24/5 = 8.45).

Other products by USAammo
reviews
Item #: USA-9-2
Our Price: $42.25
Units of Measure:
Box of 250

9mm Luger 115 grain Full Metal Jacket

(Once Fired)

Available Quantities:
Box of 50 - Box of 250 - Box of 500 - Case of 1000
MADE IN THE USA
About Remanufactured Ammunition

We purchase our brass, from indoor ranges only, for our factory remanufactured products, and process in-house on the State of the Art, Scharce Range Master machines. This allows us the ability to maintain a “start to finish” controlled process for our remanufactured products. We only offer ammo we load ourselves. Please feel free to contact us for further specs on our products.

Showing 1 - 5 of 28 Reviews:

by Arthur
on 7/1/2011 Great job!
Nicely priced and quality ammo even though they are reman. I received my order for 1,000 rounds because they were very speedily shipped.

Shot the first 150 rds and they were like new ammo. No issues and they were clean.
by JOHN
on 6/9/2011 Great Range Ammo!
Purchased 500 rounds to give it a try about a month ago and finally got to shoot it this last weekend. I shot 200 rounds through a Sig P226, a Ruger SR9c and a Springfield SC-XD9. They shot great without any problems and I will definitely be buying a lot more.
by Daniel
on 6/6/2011 Great Ammo! Great Price!!!
Just received my order today and ran out to the range to give it a try... I am impressed, this Ammunition surely has attitude!!! I ran 100 rounds through my G17 w/o fail and dime sized groupings at that! I will be purchasing again. Thanks!
by robert
on 5/26/2011 ammo review
excellent ammo and great prices. ordered the 9 mm 250 round special. WOW what a price. the ammo shoots sweet, my xd subcompact loves it. can wait to get my second pkg.
by Andry
on 5/23/2011 Great Shtuff
I finally went out and put 200 rounds through my S&W M&P9. Didn't have a single misfire with this ammo. I gave a box of 50 to a buddy with a Taurus PT 809 and he had one jam at the end of one of his clips, but that seems to happen with his gun no matter what ammo we put through it. Thanks USA Ammo for making some good shtuff!

Bill K.

paul34
07-20-2011, 01:31 PM
One thing I forgot to mention is that they seem to ship from several locations, but my order shipped from Idaho. Took a full week to get to me via UPS Ground. I'm not complaining, just pointing that out in case anyone would like to know approximate shipping times.

I paid $42.25 for the ammo, plus $13.59 for shipping. $55.84 total. About $11.17/box. That isn't bad considering what i was paying for Federal Champion at walmart after tax ($10.47 * 1.065 = $11.16). This is also US made/reloaded and I think the quality is better. I can also support a smaller business instead of Wal Mart.

So it is clear, that is the price for 50 rounds. Order of 250 is $42.25 (42.24/5 = 8.45).

Yes, correct. Sorry I didn't specify. I paid for the 250, but it comes in boxes of 50. Works out to $8.45/box as you calculated.

Good to know thanks paul34, in the same topic I had several problems wit the Tulammo 9mm (a little under $10) on my PM9.
Nothing catastrophic but problems ejecting and such so beware.

I shot a box of Tul through my CM9 the previous range session. Had several failure to fires. What was odd is that they looked like light primer strikes. Most people would blame the gun for that, but I've never had problems with any of the other ammo I shot. This latest session, I still didn't have problems with 50 rounds of the USA stuff and 7 HSTs. I would not buy the Tul again. Just to be on the safe side, I did blast out the striker channel through the cleaning hole after the session with the Tul.

You actually don't save much if you're buying Tul from walmart. For about $1 (or was it $2?) more, you can get Federal Champion, which is brass and works better.

I do use Tul in 45 regularly though with good results.

mser
07-20-2011, 02:18 PM
I purchased from USA based upon the reviews from this board and their web site. Received my order yesterday. Took about a week. 100 rounds each of .380, 9MM and .40S&W. All of it was new ammunition, not once fired. Total to my door was just under $75. If it performs as expected I'll order a whole lot more. I was purchasing Federal Champion from my local Wal Mart but they recently raised their prices $1.50 to $2 per box making it no longer cost effective to buy from them over the LGS/Range.

DLButler
07-21-2011, 08:43 AM
I ordered 500 rounds of 9mm last night for $94 which included half price shipping. The only thing I thought was strange was that there was no price break for quantity. $8.45 for 50 and $84.50 for 500. Still a good price though.

windsearcher
07-21-2011, 03:01 PM
I've now fired well over 1000 rounds of their re-man. .40 ammo.
No ammo problems... a couple of ftf/fte that I blame on my Glock that is having some issues......
No failures of any type in my XMD or CW40.

They have been very good on quality. My only complaints have been with customer service on delivery..... but I could live with that for the price. the .40 was equivalant to approximately $13.25 per box (of 50) - delivered to my door. Best price I could find anywhere.

BVAC is also a good choice (and can beat price from time to time), but seems to be pretty dirty.

paul34
07-22-2011, 07:02 PM
Just a small addendum. I cleaned my CM9 today. I was pleasantly surprised at the relative lack of grunge inside. Federal Champion usually leaves a lot more fouling inside. This is amazing that ammo this cheap is this clean (relative to other cheap ammo).

HeyGuysWatchThis
08-11-2011, 08:21 AM
Cool! I'm happy to hear some better reviews than I am seeing over on ar15.com. There seems to be a high percentage of snobs over there, though. :rolleyes:

thearborbarber
09-10-2011, 08:06 PM
I have used it in my 9mm and 380. I plan to keep buying it.