PDA

View Full Version : Breakaway CCW Britches!

Phooey
07-21-2011, 12:00 PM
Just saw this on the USA Carry forum and thought it was quite unique. I wonder how well they work - any experience with them?
http://ccwbreakaways.com/index.html

JFootin
07-21-2011, 12:36 PM
That's cool! They have some fun videos to watch. In one, he loads up and stows a Glock and several mags in the cargo style pants, then empties 178 rounds into a BG target in 121 seconds! I'll bet if it was dark, that Glock barrel would be glowing red hot!

Bill K
07-21-2011, 01:24 PM
No sir, no experience with them. Every carry position and method has its pluses and minuses. A major concern I'd have with the breakaway would be that with the pocket opening up like that is that there would be an increased chance of the holster coming out with the gun. I am assuming that a pocket holster is used and not built into or as part of the pants pocket.

Bill K.

Phooey
07-21-2011, 01:39 PM
No sir, no experience with them. Every carry position and method has its pluses and minuses. A major concern I'd have with the breakaway would be that with the pocket opening up like that is that there would be an increased chance of the holster coming out with the gun. I am assuming that a pocket holster is used and not built into or as part of the pants pocket.

Bill K.
My understanding from the videos and pictures is that the "holster" is actually the pocket. Velcro allows custom sizing as it were. I thought it looked unique and at least if they didn't work I would still have a pair of "Docker-like" pants instead of another less than perfect (at the time) holster. Sure nothing beats the made for specific gun holsters as to retention, safety etc. but maybe a "just in case" pair for those of us not wanting to "holster up". Just a thought.

Bill K
07-21-2011, 02:05 PM
My understanding from the videos and pictures is that the "holster" is actually the pocket. Velcro allows custom sizing as it were. I thought it looked unique and at least if they didn't work I would still have a pair of "Docker-like" pants instead of another less than perfect (at the time) holster. Sure nothing beats the made for specific gun holsters as to retention, safety etc. but maybe a "just in case" pair for those of us not wanting to "holster up". Just a thought.

Thanks, I assumed wrong. Went back and low and behold on second web page it shows the non firearm specific holster pocket.

Now I want to know how and if the trigger is covered. I can't tell from the picture.

http://ccwbreakaways.com/the_holsters/Inside-out-View_small.jpg

Phooey
07-21-2011, 02:10 PM
There is a "catalog" tab on their website that shows a pocket protector thingy especially for Glocks. They also have a mag sock that attaches with velcro for the other pocket. I like the idea that it was thought up (innovated) in the USA and Made in the USA and relatively flexible in cofiguration. A better "mouse trap'? I guess that depends. They have a black dress pair on close out at $69 and I may just snag a pair. Good for wearing to church:rolleyes:

yqtszhj
07-21-2011, 03:23 PM
Just dont have a malfunction like Janet Jacksons top during the Super Bowl. :eek: you might expose your pistol. :banplease:

Phooey
07-21-2011, 04:02 PM
Or shorten Hank and the twins! Yeeowch!

apheod
07-21-2011, 04:35 PM
that is actually pretty sweet, very covert too.

i was expecting to see a funny video of some clown tearing off some adidas track pants then drawing from a drop leg rig.

Phooey
07-21-2011, 06:57 PM
that is actually pretty sweet, very covert too.

i was expecting to see a funny video of some clown tearing off some adidas track pants then drawing from a drop leg rig.
Sorry to let you down on the video thing - clowns are known for doing dumb things. However, that does sound like something that might warrant a little practice and a video camera - er, maybe not :rolleyes:

jocko
07-21-2011, 08:30 PM
90 bucks to uch for my wallet..

wayneo1
07-22-2011, 08:29 AM
I remember reading some reviews on this a year or so ago. One guy actually bought a pair and said they were ok, but his were up for sale. I am sorry I dont remember the reason, but I think it had to do with the fit and having to play around to get them right.

Phooey
07-22-2011, 08:33 AM
I remember reading some reviews on this a year or so ago. One guy actually bought a pair and said they were ok, but his were up for sale. I am sorry I dont remember the reason, but I think it had to do with the fit and having to play around to get them right.
And we all know what happens when we play around with it!:rolleyes:

I was just curious and kind of considered it as viable but then again I am easily suckered in on novel technology I guess.

Garland
07-22-2011, 09:16 AM
The guy in the videos seems to attract trouble everywhere he goes! The pants actually look like a good idea to me for someone that is looking to pocket carry a full size gun. For myself, I am pretty happy dropping my PM9 in my regular pants and never felt like I needed 178 rounds of 9mm with me, ever.