PDA

View Full Version : CM9 range report, mag review, CT woes, and Trijicon install

les strat
07-23-2011, 06:10 PM
Hey all. Went to the range today to put another 50 through the CM9, dial in the CT, and plink with my Marlin model 60.

I have the stock 6 round mag, a Promag 7 rounder, and just bought a Kahr 7 round mag. The 6 rounder fed great as did the Kahr 7 rounder. The Promag fed great but had a couple failures to lock back on last round. I'll save that for mag strictly for the range. The CM9 had no failure to feeds or ejection problems, and I feel confident with it for my CCW now that I have over 300 rounds through it.

Now, I purchased a CT back last month when the rebate was going on. When I installed it, it cut out a few times, so I removed it and messed around with the battery to make sure it was getting good contact, and it worked fine when setting the laser by eyeballing it on the wall at 20 ft. Well, at the range, first shot - dead. I removed it and fiddled with it, and nothing. I do feel this is not just a dead battery but maybe a bad switch, etc. Got home, called CT, and left the weekend answering folks my problem. Supposed to get a callback Monday. I feel confident they will take care of it. It just stinks that the reason I was going to the range was to dial the CT in. Still had fun with the CM9 and had a blast making bottles jump around with the stainless M60!

When I got home, I checked the mail and received my Trijicon front night sight for my CM9. Install was a snap (literally) besides finding the right phillips bit screwdriver to use. This is a serious must-do upgrade for anyone with a CW/CM pistol. You would not believe how "barely-there" those plastic pinned front sights are.

les strat
07-25-2011, 10:54 AM
Wow, no replies, LOL!

Anyway, I just wanted to say CT customer service is top notch! They called me first thing today and are sending out a new unit with tracking and a prepaid return box for the bad CT. It really doesn't get better than that when you actually do have a problem. I wish all companies had that kind of customer service.

dean1818
07-25-2011, 06:06 PM
It looks like you bought all the toys to go with.....

Jealous in Texas

I have a K9 wit night sights, but no laser.........