PDA

View Full Version : Kahr's QA truly sucks.

zeitgeist
12-24-2009, 08:18 PM
Like the incident I had with my MK, where it took them a few months to change out a frame even though they required I overnight it...

...I got wood grips for Christmas.

The geniuses at Kahr Arms sent screws with the grips that are too short to even fit. They are long enough to go into the wood, not through it. Not sure what kind of Morons are steering this ****. This kind of stupidity just irritates me because it shows a total lack of any effort on Kahr's part.

Merry Christmas.

REACT
12-25-2009, 10:04 AM
...I got wood grips for Christmas.

The geniuses at Kahr Arms sent screws with the grips that are too short to even fit. They are long enough to go into the wood, not through it. Not sure what kind of Morons are steering this ****. This kind of stupidity just irritates me because it shows a total lack of any effort on Kahr's part.

Merry Christmas.

You must have been naughty this year and instead of coal, you got short screws.;) Although I agree with you that sending the wrong screws with the new grips is unacceptable, I'm sure it was (another) simple oversight and can be quickly corrected if you call Kahr (again).

OR, maybe this is blessing in disguise and you can get different screws like in this thread (http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1068930) from Alumagrips.com. (http://www.alumagrips.com/main.taf?p=2,1,5,2) Either way, Merry Christmas and have a happy New Year.

P.S. first post, glad to be here.

jocko
12-25-2009, 12:43 PM
coming on here ranting and raving certanly ain't gonna get your correct screws. We feel your pain, it is not the end of the world and if it is for you, then you live in a small world.

Suck it up, call kahr first of the week and better yet, even ask them if the have the torx screws for the grips. I have been told they are awesome screws over the flat head screws.

by the way Merry Christmas..

mx5fan
12-25-2009, 12:52 PM
Chill Man, they are just screws...take a deep breath, step away from the pistol and breathe out. I'm sure once you call Kahr, they will make it right...they have been excellent to deal with for most, on this forum.....so being human, mistakes do happen. Just call them up instead of making a big grand exclamation about how their QA sucks and I'm sure they will send you news screws.

Happy Holidays and of all the things that can and do go wrong, I hope this is the worst of it.

jggonzalez
12-25-2009, 01:17 PM
I agree with you - that does suck! Still, they will make good on it if you ask them.

Another alternative is to get a set of 1911 hex-head grip screws and shorten them to the required length. I did that on my MK9 and they work great. Cheaper than the ones specially made for the MK9.

Good luck and Merry Xmas,

hollander
12-25-2009, 01:29 PM
I had the same thing happen. I emailed Kahr and had a response within an hour. Spoke with Ian who seems to be a very nice fellow. He sent them in the mail which was really the problem - 5 days. New screws worked fine. Hang in there. Love the MK with the wood grips but nothing wrong with the standard ones either. Things will get better - they always do. Have a Happy New Year and enjoy the MK.

zena
12-26-2009, 03:38 PM
What a great gift! Just because the "batteries" didn't come with it is no reason to fret. The glass is half full. Enjoy!:)

RiskPro
12-30-2009, 08:39 PM
My issue may have been much simplier to cure but I sent mine CW9 in the day before Christmas and got it back today.

It was brand new and the slide would not go on. After trying the simple stuff then taking to the store and a gunsmith then talking with kahr, they said to send it back. Sure I was a bit chapped but they made it right asap.

It looks to have some filing on the feed ramp, a new spring and new guide rod.

All is well and that was the fastest turnaround I've ever experienced.

Also, Kahr answered my email (thanks Ian) within 8 hours and I got to the techs within 2 mins of calling. Despite all the tinkering in the background they took a lot of time with me then said get it to us and we'll make it right.

So they have won me over with no grief...no hassle....very accessible folks

jocko
12-31-2009, 04:49 AM
My issue may have been much simplier to cure but I sent mine CW9 in the day before Christmas and got it back today.

It was brand new and the slide would not go on. After trying the simple stuff then taking to the store and a gunsmith then talking with kahr, they said to send it back. Sure I was a bit chapped but they made it right asap.

It looks to have some filing on the feed ramp, a new spring and new guide rod.

All is well and that was the fastest turnaround I've ever experienced.

Also, Kahr answered my email (thanks Ian) within 8 hours and I got to the techs within 2 mins of calling. Despite all the tinkering in the background they took a lot of time with me then said get it to us and we'll make it right.

So they have won me over with no grief...no hassle....very accessible folks

the way the system is supposed to work, unfortunately for some, it does not but kahr of late has been excellent. Many would even give them a score of 11 out of 10. Glad they got your fixe dup to. nice gun, things do happen. :cheer2:

zeitgeist
01-04-2010, 08:22 PM
Got my screws today, they actually fit!

Bawanna
01-17-2010, 06:05 PM
Took me awhile to find this thread again but I also have a very positive experience with Kahr that should be shared. I'll be brief as possible but heres the story.
An officer with a neighboring agency was out crabbing in puget sound (salt water for you mid west folks). While pulling up a pot his MK9 and holster got dropped over the side. Wisely he took his GPS and locked onto the exact spot. He told me if we wanted to go to the trouble to retrieve it we could have it. He felt so dumb that he did not want it back no way no how. Several guys at my agency are divers so we downloaded his GPS to one of ours. 45 days later they went out and weren't in the water 5 minutes. Gun and holster in hand. Out of the salt straight into a bucket of outdrive oil. Brought it to me. I totally dissasembled it and thoroughly cleaned it then thought all that time in salt water can't be good. Soooo, I sent it to Kahr to check out and replace all the springs and small parts. It's been awhile but as I recall it was about 2 weeks later it was back, with a letter commending us for our good clean job. It looked brand spanking new in a new plastic case with a shiney new magazine, paperwork the whole deal. NO CHARGE.
Guy refused to take it back so we kept it as a pass around gun. Story continues. We took it out to shoot and could not hit a paper plate and 3 yards, seriously. I'd aim for the right edge and barely wing the left side, but try again and it wouldn't happen. Finally determined that the barrel apparently was corroded. So I called Kahr again and tried to order a new barrel, they said it's under warranty. I told them a second time that this gun had been in salt water over a month, no problem, free new barrel a few days later. The gun no longer gets passed around, the diver that retrieved it won't let it go. It's a tack driver with zero issues.
Gold stars to Kahr for taking care of us even when it wasn't their issue to deal with.
Sorry such a long story but thought it was worth sharing.

johnh
01-18-2010, 07:12 AM
Odd way to get a free gun! :D

Great story--thanks for posting it! I would say that is well above and beyond in terms of warranty service.

John

kahrs&cars
01-20-2010, 02:32 AM
Took me awhile to find this thread again but I also have a very positive experience with Kahr that should be shared. I'll be brief as possible but heres the story.
An officer with a neighboring agency was out crabbing in puget sound (salt water for you mid west folks). While pulling up a pot his MK9 and holster got dropped over the side. Wisely he took his GPS and locked onto the exact spot. He told me if we wanted to go to the trouble to retrieve it we could have it. He felt so dumb that he did not want it back no way no how. Several guys at my agency are divers so we downloaded his GPS to one of ours. 45 days later they went out and weren't in the water 5 minutes. Gun and holster in hand. Out of the salt straight into a bucket of outdrive oil. Brought it to me. I totally dissasembled it and thoroughly cleaned it then thought all that time in salt water can't be good. Soooo, I sent it to Kahr to check out and replace all the springs and small parts. It's been awhile but as I recall it was about 2 weeks later it was back, with a letter commending us for our good clean job. It looked brand spanking new in a new plastic case with a shiney new magazine, paperwork the whole deal. NO CHARGE.
Guy refused to take it back so we kept it as a pass around gun. Story continues. We took it out to shoot and could not hit a paper plate and 3 yards, seriously. I'd aim for the right edge and barely wing the left side, but try again and it wouldn't happen. Finally determined that the barrel apparently was corroded. So I called Kahr again and tried to order a new barrel, they said it's under warranty. I told them a second time that this gun had been in salt water over a month, no problem, free new barrel a few days later. The gun no longer gets passed around, the diver that retrieved it won't let it go. It's a tack driver with zero issues.
Gold stars to Kahr for taking care of us even when it wasn't their issue to deal with.
Sorry such a long story but thought it was worth sharing.

A BIG thumbs up to the Kahr crew:) This speaks volumes about them as a reputable company that takes care of their customers/product regardless.

Great story thanks for sharing. K&C

zena
01-20-2010, 03:55 AM
Great story! Living on the OTHER coast and always carrying my Kahr, I'll be less worried of it getting a little salty! Mind you, when on the water, I keep my keys and gun in something secure. Great customer service story. Thanks for sharing.

Vinikahr
01-20-2010, 06:54 AM
I have a positive experience, when I sent my new CW45 for service they did not corrected the issue in the first time, Kahr pick the tab(as it should be) in the shipping both way of my firearm, the turn around time was about 2 weeks. The issue was corrected. Kudos. :86:

Bawanna
01-20-2010, 09:10 AM
Great story! Living on the OTHER coast and always carrying my Kahr, I'll be less worried of it getting a little salty! Mind you, when on the water, I keep my keys and gun in something secure. Great customer service story. Thanks for sharing.

One of the guys here did that with a new boat he got. Told his wife to put his Kimber, wallet, and bunch of other stuff in a storage area. Turns out it was a live well and the pump was on. Opened it later to find all their stuff floating around like a mess of bass. Laughed till I cried but we saved everything.

getsome
01-20-2010, 09:23 AM
RUH-RO....Maybe we should start a thread about dumb boating stories...I bet there are some good ones out there....My neighbor has a nice ski boat but his problem is that he cant seem to drive it unless he gets hammered...On one trip he came home with a slow no wake sign embedded in the windshield...True story!!!:faint2:

500KV
01-20-2010, 12:08 PM
Speaking of boats...This is one of my honeymoon pic's.
I was telling her to hurry up; that if an Evinrude could cook, she'd still be single.:)

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab225/500KV_album/bad-husbands-fat-man-in-boat-smokin.jpg

In-Yo-Grill
01-20-2010, 12:14 PM
So far so good for me.

I contacted Ian over at Kahr yesterday he called me today to give me an RA and Fed Ex will pick up the gun tomorrow from my workplace. He gave me a two week turn around quote so we'll see.