PDA

View Full Version : If money were no object...

Bill K
07-24-2011, 04:44 PM
If money were no object what would be your SD "carry System"?

For me, number one would be that all the pieces must have the same or very similar manual of arms. All mine need to be DAO (loosely defined) and no thumb safety. Oh, and of course reliable.

Here goes..

Pocket .380 - e.g. P380 or P3AT or LCR, etc.
Pocket Nine - Think only CM9 or PM9 fit the bill for me.
Single Stack IWB/AIWB 9mm - Not sure but think I'd be checking out those metal frame Kahrs.
Double Stack 9mm - Glock 26 or 19
Single Stack .45 ACP - Likely Kahr P45 or CW45 or [CM45:)] or Glock 36.
Done! What more could you possibly need? :)

BuckeyeBlast
07-24-2011, 04:57 PM
I've already got mine. I really didn't consider money much of an object the first time when I decided on what I may need to defend myself.

Pocket = Kahr P380
IWB = Kahr PM9
OWB w/ cover = Beretta 92G.
Winter jacket pocket = Ruger SP101

The only changes I would like to make is to one day come across a like new 92G Vertec model and possibly add a Ruger LCR to my 'system' in place of the SP101.

Bill K
07-24-2011, 05:00 PM
I've already got mine. I really didn't consider money much of an object the first time when I decided on what I may need to defend myself.

Pocket = Kahr P380
IWB = Kahr PM9
OWB w/ cover = Beretta 92G.
Winter jacket pocket = Ruger SP101

The only changes I would like to make is to one day come across a like new 92G Vertec model and possibly add a Ruger LCR to my 'system' in place of the SP101.

Hey, I've never carried or considered OWB so maybe I need to add a 1911 to my list? :)

BuckeyeBlast
07-24-2011, 05:03 PM
Hey, I've never carried or considered OWB so maybe I need to add a 1911 to my list? :)

There are some DAO 1911's out there (if you still call them a 1911). :yo:

WARNING: 1911's can be addicting. :cool:

Bill K
07-24-2011, 05:15 PM
There are some DAO 1911's out there (if you still call them a 1911). :yo:

WARNING: 1911's can be addicting. :cool:

Yes you're right. Colt New Agent DAO might fit the bill or since its OWB maybe forget 1911 and get something like a Glock 30.

Barth
07-24-2011, 05:33 PM
I started to answer this one flip.
My life is priceless. So money was never an object.
Truth is my kids are grown.
I’ve got a good job.
And have successfully shaken off both of my lying, cheating, gold digging, leach ex’s.
So I can pretty much afford just about anything I want.

For me it’s easy as 1,2,3;
Reliability, shoot ability, conceal ability.
Secondarily -
Bragging rights, being Super Mas Macho,
and I just have to have one. Can’t say movies haven’t left their mark on my psyche as well.

I think everybody knows by now what I’ve got/carry. And the cool thing is guns and ammo just keep advancing. I will always love and keep my classics. Just as I look forward to the guns/ammo that lay in wait as part of my future (still unwritten – LOL!)

Plus I think guns to guys (and some girls) are like girls shoes/purses. Accessories you can’t and have too many of.
Only have a favorite for that day.
And look forward to obtaining more.

TheTman
07-24-2011, 06:23 PM
For all weather, I guess I'd have a magna ported P45 with night sights and laser instead of the CW45 in an IWB holster.
For jacket weather, an H&K USP with laser in an OWB holster, not sure which action I'd pick. Probably DAO, with no safety just to be consistant with my Kahrs.
My bug would be a Boberg XR9S (providing they prove reliable and I could get one), in an ankle holster. Since the Bobergs haven't been on the market long, more likely would be a Magna-ported PM40 in an ankle rig.
I'd have one of those super bright tactical flashlights at night.
For my in a hurry just running down to the local market gun, I'll stick with my Charter Arms .44 special with the Barami Hip Grips. The Charter is ok, it something I carry a lot, and shoot just a little. I don't think it's a gun to try and put 20,000 rounds through. I'd like to see Ruger or S&W or even Taurus come out with something that small and light in .44 special. Taurus does have a .44 mag about that size, but it weighs a lot more.

melissa5
07-24-2011, 06:27 PM
If money were no object, I would have Glock make me a single stack 9mm.

Barth
07-24-2011, 06:31 PM

LOL - you're really stuck on that Melissa.
They due make a single stack 45?
I know it's no sub-compact though...
I keep thinking they will have to tap that market eventually...

melissa5
07-24-2011, 06:45 PM
LOL - you're really stuck on that Melissa.
They due make a single stack 45?
I know it's no sub-compact though...
I keep thinking they will have to tap that market eventually...

Yeah, I had and sold their single stack 45. It was a little snappier than what I want my 45's to be. A 9mm in that size would be good, but a single stack that is half the width of the 26 would be better.

Jeremiah/Az
07-24-2011, 07:01 PM
Pretty much have mine.
P380 for jacket pocket carry
PM9 for EDC
Glock 26 for truck gun
I do want a Ruger SR1911 & have no idea why!
I have a gunroom full of toys, some that I have never shot!:rolleyes::D

Barth
07-24-2011, 07:15 PM
Yeah, I had and sold their single stack 45. It was a little snappier than what I want my 45's to be. A 9mm in that size would be good, but a single stack that is half the width of the 26 would be better.

It’s funny how we all have that sweet spot when it comes to caliber, size and weight.

For me –
45 29 oz – alloy frame P220.
357 Sig 29 oz – alloy frame P239
40 25 oz - All stainless Kahr MK40
9mm 17/18 oz - ??? (CM9 maybe)
But if we are dreaming –
I’d really like a 17/18 oz Kahr MK9 Elite Air Weight with an alloy frame,
TALO EXO FailZero finish and Ameriglow orange and green combination night sights.

Ho Ho Ho visions of sugar-plums dancing in my head

wayneo1
07-24-2011, 07:21 PM
Money no object it would be a Wilson supergrade officer with a sparks vm2.

jocko
07-24-2011, 07:21 PM
Pretty much have mine.
P380 for jacket pocket carry
PM9 for EDC
Glock 26 for truck gun
I do want a Ruger SR1911 & have no idea why!
I have a gunroom full of toys, some that I have never shot!:rolleyes::D

ur last line says it all:

BUT YOU GOT UM:)

crazymailman
07-24-2011, 07:23 PM

Why would you want a single stack Glock when you can have a P9?;)

melissa5
07-24-2011, 07:25 PM
Why would you want a single stack Glock when you can have a P9?;)

The trigger system. I never have been a big fan of DAO.

ltxi
07-24-2011, 07:44 PM
Exactly what I have. Money's not an issue and I'm always open to better, but not into new/different/flash/etc for no reason. The last change I made to my system was 2-3 years ago to a PM9 for u&c daily concealed carry after over a decade of static.

The only gun on my wish list is the NAA Ranger. If they had decided to produce it I would have bought one to replace the Mini-Mag I've been using as a no other option carry arm for about 15 years. Still may go for one of the prototypes.

Bawanna
07-24-2011, 08:14 PM
Money no object it would be a Wilson supergrade officer with a sparks vm2.

We have a bingo here folks. Put me down for anything Bill Wilson has touched. Or Ed Brown, or Les Bauer. I also want the Ruger 1911 and the MRI 1911 and the Auto Ordnance 1911. Time is on my side.

I'm back!

wayneo1
07-25-2011, 08:45 AM
+1 for me Bawanna

JFootin
07-25-2011, 09:10 AM
Welcome back, kimosabi! Pics?

Bawanna
07-25-2011, 10:23 AM
Welcome back, kimosabi! Pics?

Pics forthcoming. I'm cleaning guns. A fun afternoon of shooting with too many family and friends left alot of dirty guns that need love and attention.

I managed to fandangle a couple more days off so I can regroup and get squared away before going back to the sweat shop.