PDA

View Full Version : First Hicup with PM9

fitzgood
12-27-2009, 03:20 PM
Not sure what to call this...The slide just locked back after 2 shots out of the 7 round mag (like it was empty). All I did was depress the slide release and it shot the rest of the rounds in the mag and locked back normally. At that point I had just over 100 rounds through the gun total and this is only the second time I have used the 7 round mag. I don't really like the way it feels or looks. I shot about 80+ rounds after that mostly with the 6 round mag with no other issues.

jocko
12-27-2009, 04:12 PM
Not sure what to call this...The slide just locked back after 2 shots out of the 7 round mag (like it was empty). All I did was depress the slide release and it shot the rest of the rounds in the mag and locked back normally. At that point I had just over 100 rounds through the gun total and this is only the second time I have used the 7 round mag. I don't really like the way it feels or looks. I shot about 80+ rounds after that mostly with the 6 round mag with no other issues.

this by Jim K, he has all the answers...

Dietrich
12-27-2009, 04:28 PM
I`m not exactly sure why,but the 7 rounder don`t get much respect around here.I guess it`s because the PM9 conceals so easily with the 6 round mag. Looks cooler too.However,take heart.The more you shoot your PM9,the better it will become.Hiccups should become a faint memory with time and use.

jocko
12-27-2009, 04:35 PM
I`m not exactly sure why,but the 7 rounder don`t get much respect around here.I guess it`s because the PM9 conceals so easily with the 6 round mag. Looks cooler too.However,take heart.The more you shoot your PM9,the better it will become.Hiccups should become a faint memory with time and use.

really have no use for my 7 rounder, I would trade it for a 6 rounder any day. I don't use it even much on the ragne for it does change ones grip over the 6 rounder.

Oh my deit, " hiccups should be come a faint memory with tme and use" I know someone who will totally disagree with that statement. IT MUST GO BACK. :D

fitzgood
12-27-2009, 05:25 PM
I have a second 6 round mag in the mail right now. I had to send it back because it would not release fully. Ironically, I bought it in part because when I was shopping for Kahrs there were several that I handled that had 7 round mags that would hang up and not fall freely out of the well. I had also read some posts here or at GT about problems with the 7 round mags.

I have been doing most of my shooting with the 6 w/the grip extension on it but I think when my new mag comes in I am going to try it without the extension and see how I like it. I really don't think I need it for control and I don't like how they fit. There is a gap between the bottom of the well and the top of the extension that bugs me. On my XD40 the extensions look and feel like part of the grip but the ones for the PM9 don't IMO. If I can shoot as good without them, I am going to ditch them. Reduces the overall size of the pistol too :)

Jim K
12-28-2009, 09:44 AM
this by Jim K, he has all the answers...
Jokko,

PM sent.

Laugh my friend, Laugh.

kpm9
12-30-2009, 07:18 PM
Really children, stop it already. :o

Probably hit the slide release when shooting. Keep chuggin away.

fitzgood
12-30-2009, 11:14 PM
Really children, stop it already. :o

Probably hit the slide release when shooting. Keep chuggin away.

That is actually quite possible.

I did get my new 6 rnd mag yesterday and it releases perfectly :D