PDA

View Full Version : Ordering from BudsGuns

Allen
08-03-2011, 08:25 PM
Has everyone that ordered from Buds Guns been satisfied with the service and speed of processing the order? If they show the gun in stock with "Order now" does that indicate it should be processed and shipped immediately?

Budsgunshop shows a CM9 in stock but Buds Police says its out of stock (cheaper than the Gunshop), aren't both of these basically the same place?

Is it best to call them to make an order to be able to supply a credit card for payment and give information about sending the FFL copy? I know some companies don't give the same price if you go through a live person that they do strickly through the Internet.

Its really scary ordering something for the first time from a company I've never done business with, costing several hundred dollars and going to a third party for pick-up. Seems like so many places for screw-ups and at this particular time I do need to receive it in 4 weeks. This may be too much to hope for.

JodyH
08-03-2011, 08:40 PM
I've bought 5 or 6 guns from Buds.
All transactions went smoothly and my guns arrived at my dealer in a week or so.

Bawanna
08-03-2011, 08:47 PM
Same with me. I've been delayed because of holidays and I placed an order when they were moving but all were shipped in a timely fashion. You pick the receiving dealer so that part is in your control. I let them know its coming and I let them know I want it 10 minutes after they get it. Patience isn't my strong suit.

espresso
08-03-2011, 08:48 PM
Don't know about Buds Police but I just ordered a CW9 from Budsgunshop.com about a month ago and picked it up at my local pawn shop in 4 or 5 days. They keep you informed every step of the way and I couldn't be any more satisfied. I ordered on-line but you can call someone if you have any questions.

BEARDOG
08-03-2011, 08:52 PM
Bud's worked fine for me when I ordered my CM9 last March, about a week wait , no problems to speak of. I paid with an e-check which made it take a little longer but it saved me some money vs. CC.

Allen
08-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Appreciate the encouraging information. Wonder how much they do add for using a credit card?

O'Dell
08-03-2011, 09:36 PM
I've ordered 9 or 10 guns from Bud's. I never had a problem until this past December. Evidently they got swamped during the holidays and there was a 7 day delay between the order and shipment. The pistol arrived 2 days later at my FFL with an apology for the delay. Several of the guns were used and so far, the descriptions have been conservative - the gun was better than described.

They charge 3% for CC transactions which is pretty much standard in the industry.

yqtszhj
08-03-2011, 09:37 PM
I had a good experience. A rifle came fast. A 1911 took a little bit longer (about 7 days) but everything worked out all right.

eklipto101
08-03-2011, 09:53 PM
Appreciate the encouraging information. Wonder how much they do add for using a credit card?

3% like most people for cc

paul34
08-03-2011, 10:52 PM
It does depend. Sometimes they get it out the same day, sometimes they wait a few days before actually shipping. But I've gotten everything I've ordered from them. They are good people.

ripley16
08-04-2011, 05:02 AM
Bud's is a reputable dealer... have no trepidation about buying from them. The longest I've waited for a gun from Bud's was about 10 days. Usually they ship quicker than that.

steve666
08-04-2011, 05:40 AM
While I've only dealt with Buds once, it was a flawless transaction.

georgepittenger
08-04-2011, 06:56 AM
I've ordered 2 guns from them and couldn't be happier .

good prices

fast service

tracking info keeps u informed

What more could u ask for ?

I just wish more companies were this good .

Cornhusker
08-04-2011, 07:15 AM
I've purchased a few guns from Buds and always been satisfied with their service and shipping speed.

les strat
08-04-2011, 08:12 AM
I had a great, swift transaction with Bud's when I bought the CM9. I got it 2 days after ordering. If you want it quick, go ahead and pay the little extra and use a credit card. They keep you informed through emails about what stage your order is in till it ships, and then you get tracking. I would also use one of the preferred FFL dealers in your area that they have listed when you order.

Kenjs2
08-04-2011, 08:20 AM
I've ordered 3 guns from them and have been completely satisfied with the order process, customer service, follow-up and delivery.
I did have one small problem with pricing one time. I had placed a shotgun on my wish list and they notified me when it came in. I went ahead and ordered it for the advertized price and within 2 hours the price dropped around $15.00. By the next day the price had dropped again by about $25.00 or so. I called them to see if they would honor the lowest price and they would not (Something about their purchasing process). It was no big deal, I just didn't know their policy.
I've got my eye on a gun safe there and hope to order it soon.

kahrlover123
08-04-2011, 09:05 AM
I ordered some from Buds too. They're reliable and fast. One thing I hate about them is they "upcharge" you 3% if you pay by credit card (this is the only way to get it quick and simple).
There are few other very good sites that do not charge you the extra 3%.
For example, jetguns (my most favorite site), midwestern, ...

paul34
08-04-2011, 08:17 PM
Sometimes, if they don't charge you 3%, they might just mark up their prices across the board by 3%. Brick and mortar stores usually do this.

kahrlover123
08-05-2011, 05:31 AM
Sometimes, if they don't charge you 3%, they might just mark up their prices across the board by 3%. Brick and mortar stores usually do this.
I'm not sure why they do that. I own a business myself and 80% of my business is coming from CC. If I upcharge 3% for CC fee, I'll be losing a lot of business :D
A lot of firearm online sites now do not charge the 3% CC fee. Buds is one of the few left. A while back, I used to buy from them but now, I do most of my shopping with jetguns and other sites (they do match Buds price) :p

johnh
08-05-2011, 06:46 AM
Never a problem ordering from Buds. I have purchased 2-3 guns from them. Quick shipping and great communications throughout.

TominCA
08-05-2011, 02:35 PM
I've had good luck with Bud's also Impact Guns is good.

gpennycuff
08-06-2011, 05:37 PM
Same experiences as others. Bud's is my go to place if I can't find a better or close to it at my lgs.

Sent from my ********** 9550 using Tapatalk

bamaman
08-10-2011, 09:29 PM
I ordered a CW9 from them.. No problems

QuercusMax
08-11-2011, 06:58 PM
I have purchased a number of guns from Buds, and have been quite satisfied for the most part. Of course, they tack on an additional 3% for credit card orders, which is unheard of at most other online merchants. On the other hand, their shipping is free.

I also liked the fact that they have quite a number of "preferred" FFL dealers that you can select and use without any further paperwork because they keep track of those FFL dealers they have shipped to previously. I found a nearby FFL dealer that only charges $15/gun.

All of my orders arrived at the FFL very quickly - just a few days from ordering - with the exception of one item (a Kimber) that mysteriously took 2 weeks.

In the past day or so, Bud's introduced a "Buds VIP program" which you join by paying an extra fee of $20-25/year. They say that there are now offering certain items that are in short supply or hard to get only to those people. I don't care for this - There's something really annoying about having to pay a company just for the privilege of buying stuff from them - So I might reconsider doing any further business with Buds.