PDA

View Full Version : Good news in Florida

aray
08-15-2011, 10:07 AM
Often, even in states that have CCW laws, local towns introduce more restrictive laws. Even if the state prohibts such laws, they often don't have any penalties for disobeying the state laws.

Florida has moved to prevent such a practice:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/gun-rights-win-in-florida-state-law-will-soon-end-local-firearms-restrictions/

I hope it becomes the model for all other states as well.

MikeyKahr
08-15-2011, 12:19 PM
That's good news for Florida, aray. That's one of the laws that Ohio actually got right early on. Some local communities have tested the law with stricter regulations than the state allows (Clyde and Cleveland come to mind) and they've lost in court thankfully.

Barth
08-15-2011, 04:35 PM
I grew up in Califonia.
But move to Florida in 1986.
Partly to gain minimum safe distance from my ex’s.
But mostly for the gun rights.
Sun and girls don't hurt either.

Florida has been a leader in gun rights for citizens.
I think I'll stay.

ltxi
08-15-2011, 04:46 PM
Cool! This is one of those things that fuels the "love" part of my long standing love/hate relationship with Florida.

TheTman
08-15-2011, 04:48 PM
Kansas has a law like that, where no local statue can place restrictions on gun ownership, carry, or concealment, that would conflict with the State laws.
Makes things much easier, having one set of guidelines to know and follow.

ltxi
08-15-2011, 05:12 PM
Kansas has a law like that, where no local statue can place restrictions on gun ownership, carry, or concealment, that would conflict with the State laws.
Makes things much easier, having one set of guidelines to know and follow.

Colorado similar. But that hasn't stopped the City and County of Denver from passing a select few that the courts have allowed as exemptions under our "home rule" law.

Florida, long in the forefront of gun rights legislation, is to be applauded for putting a stop to this kind of crap. Would be nice if this became a model for elsewhere....as much as did their 1987 CCW law that turned into a movement.