PDA

View Full Version : Going to one.

PaiN
12-29-2009, 09:53 PM
Over the years I've been through many pistols and rifles, most to be honest did nothing for me. I'd shoot them once and really not be interested in doing it again. Too make a long story short, I decided to thin my collection down to "a few". This worked out well enough but I still had a number of guns I didn't shoot. About this time I realized some of this had to do with me, going to the range bored me especially shooting rifles. This is when I made up my mind to cut further to what I needed, I sold or traded all I had left down to a Shotgun, full size pistol and a CCW.
For a carry weapon, I now have a CW9, I'm so impressed with this pistol it actually makes me want to shoot more than I have ever wanted too. The gun is such a good fit for me and just a great shooter. It has brought me to one final conclusion, "I do not need a full size pistol" and I'm going to cut the collection to the bone. I've given my full size Sig SP2022 a week to sell locally, so far its a no go. If the Sig has no interest by morning(Wed.) I'm taking it and the CW9 down to a local shop and trading in on the Kahr black stainless P9 w/night sights I've been lusting after. This P9 is gong to be my one and only pistol for a long time to come.
The only other firearm I'll have is a Benelli Nova 12g 18.5" shotgun.
I feel kind of liberated :)

zena
12-30-2009, 04:51 AM
Sounds like you've found what will make you happy, for now. Have you taken those little guns out to shoot some IDPA matches? I've found that shooting in a competition really helps me explore what I and a particular gun are capable of together. And I really don't like competition for competing sake. Makes me all sweaty palmed and nervous. But I've found learning how to control that and still push myself has been an interesting journey. Just my two cents. Enjoy!

PaiN
12-30-2009, 05:16 AM
I have shot many IDPA style shoots. I can't tell you how guns how many I've purchased with the excuse "I need it for this or that type shooting" :rolleyes:
I liked the "shooting part" of comps. far more than going to the range. But most of these events were so packed with participants.. I was bored out of my mind standing around waiting(for more than an hour at some) for my turn to run the course or get up to the line.

zena
12-30-2009, 05:25 AM
At a big match, the waiting can be ridiculous. A group of us have access to the trailer where all the shooting props are kept and we'll go out and set up a stage to play in. And we try shooting it different ways, in different orders, from different start positions, etc. Because there are only 3 ro 4, we get lots more shooting time in. And the ability to discuss strategies, use different guns....different ammo. And I always bring food so we can re-charge the batteries without leaving! Just another 2 cents.