PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck jlottmc

jdlott74
08-22-2011, 12:21 PM
I'm sure he has not said a whole lot about this but Good Luck jlottmc on your interview for the police academy Tues. I know you'll do great.

wyntrout
08-22-2011, 12:39 PM
By all means, Good Luck, though I'm sure you've "armed" yourself with as much knowledge and preparation as you did for going into combat.

Get plenty of rest and don't grin while you're visualizing them as naked... or anything like that to overcome your own possible uneasiness.

Jus' sayin'. Good luck, Buddy. Impress them as I know you can. Semper Fi!

Wynn:)

jocko
08-22-2011, 12:43 PM
I'm sure he has not said a whole lot about this but Good Luck jlottmc on your interview for the police academy Tues. I know you'll do great.

will do well, his personality on this forum kinda gives one alot of insight into a person whom we have never meet..

Bawanna
08-22-2011, 12:56 PM
I'm ........skeered.

Jlott with a badge? Yup I'm skeered.

Good luck though anyhow. I know you been aiming for this for quite a spell. I hope it all works good for ya.

I'm well out of your jurisdiction and I'll try to behalve myself so we got no issues. Right?

jlottmc
08-22-2011, 01:31 PM
Eh it's all good, thanks for the well wishes.

OldLincoln
08-22-2011, 01:42 PM
>> "I'm well out of your jurisdiction and I'll try to behalve myself so we got no issues. Right?" <<

I guess behalve means you'll only be half as bad, right? You bad boy you!

Bawanna
08-22-2011, 02:04 PM
>> "I'm well out of your jurisdiction and I'll try to behalve myself so we got no issues. Right?" <<

I guess behalve means you'll only be half as bad, right? You bad boy you!

Well shucks, my new Jocko spell check by Microsoft didn't fix that! Guess it's like saying something with your fingers crossed behind your back. Kind of relieved really, now I can continue to be my usual totally bad boy self without restraints, well ceptin what the boss's Johnh and JusinN don't allow of course.

gb6491
08-22-2011, 02:14 PM
Fair winds and following seas in your new endeavor Devil Dog!
S/F,
Greg

TheTman
08-22-2011, 02:27 PM
I think you'd make a fine LEO jlott, I hope the powers that be think so too!

Bawanna
08-22-2011, 02:40 PM
First thing to address at the interview is internet connection at the academy. If you don't have a laptop, tell em to provide you with one. Wouldn't do to lose track of your kahrtalk brethren while they are transforming you into officer Jlottmc. Something to think about.

If you need any recomendation letters I'm sure we could put together a couple hundred in pretty short order, well everyone that don't live in Texas anyhow.

You guys do a pool academy down there and then different agencies draw from graduates or do you know where you want to be before academy?
You wanting to be like city or county or a Texas Ranger or what?

MW surveyor
08-22-2011, 05:01 PM
All the best on your interview.

Jim

melissa5
08-22-2011, 05:08 PM
Good luck, jlottmc!

TucsonMTB
08-22-2011, 05:15 PM
Best of luck, sir!

MikeyKahr
08-22-2011, 05:36 PM
Best wishes to you on your interview, jlottmc.

OldLincoln
08-22-2011, 06:08 PM
Best of luck to you. You got a lot of folks behind so "Let not your heart be troubled." (John 14:1)

jdlott74
08-22-2011, 08:38 PM
First thing to address at the interview is internet connection at the academy. If you don't have a laptop, tell em to provide you with one. Wouldn't do to lose track of your kahrtalk brethren while they are transforming you into officer Jlottmc. Something to think about.

If you need any recomendation letters I'm sure we could put together a couple hundred in pretty short order, well everyone that don't live in Texas anyhow.

You guys do a pool academy down there and then different agencies draw from graduates or do you know where you want to be before academy?
You wanting to be like city or county or a Texas Ranger or what?

I don't know how much internet he'll be in through all this. He is still going to be working FT Sat and Sun 7 -7 and 11:30/12:00 - 6/7 pm, then M-W 6:-2:30. In addition, he'll have class from 6:30-10:30 four days a week, and 1 8 hour class a month on Satu.. WOW, makes me tired just thinking about it. course, guess that is why he has internet on our smartphones.

In Texas, you can get on with a department and they normally send you to the academy, but in his case, he is trying to get in and pay for it his self and have the academy "Sponsor" him. They do it either way. Although their are certain agencies you can get in with just a HS diploma and/or 4 years honorable discharge from military and some with just credit hours. It's crazy, there isn't a set way for departments to do it. There are departments that want a Bachelors first before they hire you and some that even don't make you take a Physical Fitness test, they just want a physicial by a doctor done. He's going for one of the tons of cities around here maybe county sheriff/constable office.

jdlott74
08-22-2011, 08:39 PM
I think you'd make a fine LEO jlott, I hope the powers that be think so too!

I totally agree. It's what he has been wanting to do for a while.

jlottmc
08-23-2011, 07:26 AM
Again all, thanks for the warm wishes on this. This is a step to get me in the door. I'll get there, it's just going to take some time and elbow grease. The reality is that, I miss my brotherhood, and this will do nicely. Again, thanks all, I'll still be around here of course, maybe a bit less for some time, but I'll be here.

MrToad
08-23-2011, 07:30 AM
Best of luck, jlottmc! I'll be thinking of you.

Dietrich
08-23-2011, 09:41 AM
Best wishes and hopes to both of you.

jdlott74
08-23-2011, 07:32 PM
things went good today, have to do a physical, fingerprints and a psych test...That's the easy part...He tried to see if they'd could use his CHL for the fingerprints and back ground check...They didn't go for that...After he passes all those, he'll get the gear list.

Bawanna
08-23-2011, 07:38 PM
things went good today, have to do a physical, fingerprints and a psych test...That's the easy part...He tried to see if they'd could use his CHL for the fingerprints and back ground check...They didn't go for that...After he passes all those, he'll get the gear list.

Oh crap, the psych test!:eek: Tell him not to say what naturally comes to mind, them mental centipedes can take the simplest little thing and have you in a padded room before you can smash a can of Planter peanuts with your...

When he looks at the ink spots don't say what they really look like, make something up that don't mean nothing. Happy thoughts, no anatomy, think of plants or sky or exterrestials.

Word association, forget about it. They just trying to trip ya up.

jdlott74
08-23-2011, 08:16 PM
Oh crap, the psych test!:eek: Tell him not to say what naturally comes to mind, them mental centipedes can take the simplest little thing and have you in a padded room before you can smash a can of Planter peanuts with your...

When he looks at the ink spots don't say what they really look like, make something up that don't mean nothing. Happy thoughts, no anatomy, think of plants or sky or exterrestials.

Word association, forget about it. They just trying to trip ya up.

He actually does pretty good with the psych test.

TucsonMTB
08-23-2011, 10:03 PM
He actually does pretty good with the psych test.
Just so long as they don't hold KahrTalk against him . . .

. . . just kidding! :D

jlottmc
08-24-2011, 06:58 AM
Ouch, I do have one question for y'all, why do I get that reaction from a great many people? You know "YOU are gonna be a COP!!???!!"

JFootin
08-24-2011, 07:37 AM
Ouch, I do have one question for y'all, why do I get that reaction from a great many people? You know "YOU are gonna be a COP!!???!!"

They're just kidding you! Don't take any of it seriously. You are the one who has made the brave choice to become one of our everyday heroes, and we here on Kahrtalk are proud of you! :third:

jlottmc
08-24-2011, 07:52 AM
Thanks, that's a bunch to live up to. All jokes aside, I do love this place and the people here as well.

TucsonMTB
08-24-2011, 09:09 AM
They're just kidding you! Don't take any of it seriously. You are the one who has made the brave choice to become one of our everyday heroes, and we here on Kahrtalk are proud of you! :third:
True! And, I'm sure you don't have to be reminded that a little humor goes a long way in any stressful situation. Not that you are likely to face any stress while trying to be the adult in a society increasingly filled with children (from an emotional age point of view). <== another poor attempt at humor, by the way. :o

Bawanna
08-24-2011, 09:26 AM
I'm still in the Jlottmc is gonna be a cop:eek: crowd? I can tell you humor will be your saviour, it really will.

I have no doubt you'll ace the cop business, get your foot in the door and it'll be smooth sailing after that.

garyb
08-24-2011, 10:59 AM
Best wishes in your new profession.

jlottmc
08-24-2011, 11:16 AM
Thank you all kindly. I appreciate the insight that y'all offer. Guess I'll get back to the have fun in all you do, because when it's not fun it's time to go bit. Thanks again folks.

slowpoke
08-24-2011, 02:37 PM
Good luck to you! :)
Ride tall shoot straight and always speak the truth.

BTW:
Anybody remember who said that first?
Before Jeff Cooper came along wasn’t it Skeeter Skelton or Bill Jordan?

Bawanna
08-24-2011, 02:45 PM
Good luck to you! :)
Ride tall shoot straight and always speak the truth.

BTW:
Anybody remember who said that first?
Before Jeff Cooper came along wasn’t it Skeeter Skelton or Bill Jordan?

I thought Cooper said it first but if not I'd have to guess Bill Jordan, that was his style. I miss them all incidently. Some good guys they were.

slowpoke
08-24-2011, 03:00 PM
I thought Cooper said it first but if not I'd have to guess Bill Jordan, that was his style. I miss them all incidently. Some good guys they were.
Yep.
I started reloading 44s with Elmer Kieth loads.
357s with Skeeter’s loads.
And 3006 with John Wooters loads.
I also miss them all.
I’ll shut up now so as not to high-jack the thread.

jdlott74
09-17-2011, 07:10 AM
UPDATE: Officially as of yesterday, September 16, jlottmc was accepted into the police academy. We only have about a week and 1/2 to get all his gear, so it's going to be a tight push. Our main thing is waiting on money to get here this week and then he has to get his last name put on his PT gear and there doesn't seem to be very many places to get it done here in the area. oh, well, we'll get it all done. Now the long days and nights for us, but it will be worth it in the end. It's what he's always wanted to do and get back into a brotherhood that he has missed while in the military. I'm excited for him and for us in a new chapter in our lives.

melissa5
09-17-2011, 07:25 AM
Congratulations! :cheer2:

yqtszhj
09-17-2011, 08:27 AM
Congratulations.

TucsonMTB
09-17-2011, 09:04 AM
Congratulations! . . . and please be careful out there! :eek:

Dietrich
09-17-2011, 09:19 AM
From reading his posts on this forum,I just can`t foresee him having any problems.Good luck.

wyntrout
09-17-2011, 09:30 AM
Congratulations to you both! I know he appreciates your support and interest in shooting.

I know he'll do well and I know what you mean by the "Brotherhood". The camaraderie in the frontline military is second to none, but the blue force is a close second.

Wynn:)