PDA

View Full Version : Bought another gun dont be mad its not a kahr

hdsteve69
08-29-2011, 06:25 AM
So I bought my wife a glock 17 a couple months back and I didnt like doin it at all. But I have been shooting it quite a bit and it seems to be working for me qiuite well so I went this weekend sold my s&w mp40sc and bought a glock19 after about 100rnds I relized I was shooting it as good if not better than my k40 and cw40 which I shoot both them pretty good. Now that I have the glock I realized how well these guns are designed for easy disassembly which in my opinion is why the police and some military use them other than the fact they have a good functionality success rate. The slide comes apart very similar to our kahrs but being able to remove the trigger assembly so easily is a plus also. I also like the fact that aftermarket performance parts are so readily available. I will post pics later of the gun and the target from yesterday. The g19 has now been added to my main carry weapon selection I have . Dont get me wrong I do still enjoy my kahr especially the k40 so I will still be carrying it from time to time and I will still be here reading and posting.

hdsteve69
08-29-2011, 06:46 AM
Here are the pics of the target which is a small silohette target I was shooting from drawing out of the holster doing a draw and 2 or 3 shots each time I drew the weapon at 25 feet the pic of the gun is showing my paint job on the slide and mag did that just because I felt like it and I think it turned out pretty good.
http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy248/hdsteve69/IMG-20110829-00011-1.jpg
http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy248/hdsteve69/IMG-20110827-00009.jpg

ming
08-29-2011, 08:00 AM
Nice shooting and the paint job looks great. I don't own a Glock but often have the opportunity to shoot my buddy's G17. It's a nice gun. The grip on the 19 is a little too short for me. My fingers feel cramped on it.

jlottmc
08-29-2011, 08:14 AM
Why would we be mad, you got a new toy. If you like it, then we here would be the last to knock some one for buying a new gun. Glocks work for some, and if you like it, then by all means have fun with it.

espresso
08-29-2011, 08:18 AM
Shot my first Glock last week my dad has a G19. I could not believe how
accurate I was with it. After shooting it I understand why they are so popular.

wyntrout
08-29-2011, 08:45 AM
I have never fired one, either, but I tried one at the gun show Saturday... still so big, but the trigger sure surprised me... short pull and quick... different.

I've always kind of wanted a 21 for the firepower in my favorite cartridge, but I can never pull THAT trigger. For a battle gun, something like the G21 would be nice. I thought the FN45 was super, but just so large, too.

Congrats on your new "toys".

Wynn:)

ming
08-29-2011, 08:56 AM
I thought the FN45 was super, but just so large, too.

I've got an FNP-45. Have to agree with you it is very large. Makes a good HD gun with its 15+1 capacity, but I don't think I'd want to lug it around trying to conceal it.

Ressom
08-29-2011, 09:09 AM
The first handgun I purchased many years ago was a Glock 17. Smooth as silk. Its simplicity really spoils you. I actually enjoy complete dissasembly. Ok, maybe not enjoy, but I don't mind it too much when it is really dirty. :)

That Glock is still by my bed.

Bawanna
08-29-2011, 09:19 AM
I've often been told people either absolutely love glocks or they hate them. Guess I'm weird, I dont love them, well maybe a little, but I surely don't hate them.
They do make an excellent LE gun. Simple and durable. Many officers are not gun guys, it's like a hammer on a carpenters belt to them. So it needs to fend for itself.

I enjoy taking em down all the way, and do so frequently just to stay in practice. Maybe thats the like part, a gun so simple even I can take it apart and get it back together again?

The M&P's are very similar although I've not gone deep inside one of them. They have alot more asthetics and feel alot better in my hand without question.

Russ
08-29-2011, 09:30 AM
I have shot my friends 26 and it is a great gun. I would be a Glock owner today if they made a single stack as small as the CM 9 and was just as reliable as the big Glock. I think there is a reason Glock does not make small firearms. Reliability is an issue when you manufacture small parts and I believe Glock would encounter the same challenges other gun manufactures face making small firearms. Honestly I don't know how Kahr can stay in business. I figure the two times my CM 9 has been in their shop for warranty repairs must have chewed up whatever profit they made on my gun purchase. Russ

kahrseye
08-29-2011, 09:34 AM
I've owned a couple of glocks, still have a G27 but I don't shoot it all that well. Had a G36, sold it and bought a PM45....that I shoot very well. They are easy to work on, my 27 came with a NY trigger so I changed it out and added an extended slide stop. Don't mind glocks at all, you just have to know how to handle em. Don't put your finger in the trigger guard until you're ready to shoot. That trigger is alot more sensitive than the Kahr (that's why I like the Kahr better). A few months back, we on this forum were talking about a guy who shot himself in the groin with a G30. I'll take the Kahr trigger any day.

Kingcreek
08-29-2011, 09:48 AM
I hope to see all quality gun makers prosper!
I bought a new glock 23 in September 1994 on the same day Bill Clinton signed the "assault weapon ban". I still have it. it has never failed to function with 100% total reliability and I have to say that is the only thing I really like about it. It just does not have any real appeal to me beyond its functional quality but I would never rain on anybody for owning as many glocks as they want!

wyntrout
08-29-2011, 10:11 AM
I've owned a couple of glocks, still have a G27 but I don't shoot it all that well. Had a G36, sold it and bought a PM45....that I shoot very well. They are easy to work on, my 27 came with a NY trigger so I changed it out and added an extended slide stop. Don't mind glocks at all, you just have to know how to handle em. Don't put your finger in the trigger guard until you're ready to shoot. That trigger is alot more sensitive than the Kahr (that's why I like the Kahr better). A few months back, we on this forum were talking about a guy who shot himself in the groin with a G30. I'll take the Kahr trigger any day.

Yes, I finally dry fired a Glock and it surprised me... nothing like a Kahr! It's more like a single action and fires real easily. I can see how putting one in the box with the center post would fire a loaded one! You definitely need to be familiar with the Glock and keep your finger away from the trigger... until you're ready to fire!

I don't think there have been many groin or leg shots with Kahrs!

TheTman
08-29-2011, 10:37 AM
I've never touched a Glock, but the guy that runs Front Sight sure swears by them, Says he carries a Glock everywhere he can, and says most his students either have 1911's or Glocks, but any weapon is welcome. I'm planning on taking my CW40, or .45. They won't let you train with a laser so I'd have to take it off the CW45. Probably take both CW's since they want you to bring a back up gun in case you have trouble with your gun.

franco45
08-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Russ, I follow several gun forums and see many, many more positive reviews of the CM9 than negative reviews. I can add my personal experience to what I read on the forums. I have over 400 rounds through my CM9 with nary a problem. I have over 1000 rounds through my CW9 with the same results. My CW45 did need the break in period (4 or 5 stovepipes in the first 200 rounds). I have had no problems with it for the last 600 rounds.

Jeremiah/Az
08-29-2011, 12:24 PM
I have a Glock 26 that is my truck gun & a good reliable shooter. It is Glocks smallest gun, but too big for my carrying taste. I'll carry my PM9, thank you!:D

Bill K
08-29-2011, 12:43 PM
Best of luck with your new Pistol.

I've shot the 17 and have carried a 26 for years. Love my 26 but can only uncomfortably carry it in my cargo pants slash pockets. My PM9 I can pocket carry in about 80% of my pants pockets. The PM9 carries a bit more comfortably AIWB but not enough to fully displace my Glock 26.

jocko
08-29-2011, 01:10 PM
I have shot my friends 26 and it is a great gun. I would be a Glock owner today if they made a single stack as small as the CM 9 and was just as reliable as the big Glock. I think there is a reason Glock does not make small firearms. Reliability is an issue when you manufacture small parts and I believe Glock would encounter the same challenges other gun manufactures face making small firearms. Honestly I don't know how Kahr can stay in business. I figure the two times my CM 9 has been in their shop for warranty repairs must have chewed up whatever profit they made on my gun purchase. Russ

all glocks are still made across the pond, they cannot make a single stack pocket gun that will be allowed into this country under our points system. Even their double stack 380 is not allowed for over the counter sales in this country. That is ur real reason, not that they could not make a super single stack. they know how to make guns. I love my G19, best shooter I have ever had, but but but, it just won't ride in my front pocket 24/7 like my PM9 so it sits at home "ready" to go but as u well know a gun at home doesn't do diddly squat when ur sitting in a restaurant or mini mart and sh-t hits the fan..

Bill K
08-29-2011, 02:24 PM
That K40 is not a pocket pistol, right? I'm thinking an awesome carry would be the Glock 19 AIWB with a PM9/CM9 in your pocket.

Brittanyman
08-29-2011, 02:37 PM
I own A Glock 17, 23, 27 (with 357 SIG & 9MM barrels), and a 19 Gen4. I have small hands and have trouble shooting the Glock 17. The 27 and the 19 Gen4 fits my hands better. The Glock 27 with the 357 SIG barrel is my defense gun along with my Kahr CM9. The Glock 19 Gen4 I use in tactical matches. My Gloak 27 has an exceptional trigger. The Glock 19 is close to it and getting better.

hdsteve69
08-29-2011, 03:21 PM
That K40 is not a pocket pistol, right? I'm thinking an awesome carry would be the Glock 19 AIWB with a PM9/CM9 in your pocket.
I was actually thinking about getting an ankle holster that will fit either one of my kahrs and carrying one of them as backup. I nusually carry the k40 iwb when I do carry it.

melissa5
08-29-2011, 03:44 PM
Best of luck with your new Pistol.

I've shot the 17 and have carried a 26 for years. Love my 26 but can only uncomfortably carry it in my cargo pants slash pockets. My PM9 I can pocket carry in about 80% of my pants pockets. The PM9 carries a bit more comfortably AIWB but not enough to fully displace my Glock 26.

I recently went back to carrying a g26 AIWB. Trying out a Remora holster with it now. I'm still waiting for a single stack 9mm Glock. :(

My PM9 is a great size, but I just can't like the DAO trigger.

jocko
08-29-2011, 03:45 PM
don't hold ur breath on the single stack 9 glock.

melissa5
08-29-2011, 03:46 PM
all glocks are still made across the pond, they cannot make a single stack pocket gun that will be allowed into this country under our points system. Even their double stack 380 is not allowed for over the counter sales in this country. That is ur real reason, not that they could not make a super single stack. they know how to make guns. I love my G19, best shooter I have ever had, but but but, it just won't ride in my front pocket 24/7 like my PM9 so it sits at home "ready" to go but as u well know a gun at home doesn't do diddly squat when ur sitting in a restaurant or mini mart and sh-t hits the fan..

The GA facility is now making complete guns, but they are being shipped out of the US for sales. Maybe they will surprise us with a single stack 9mm in the next year or two.

jeepster09
08-29-2011, 03:53 PM
Buy a Para Ordnance PDA 9MM with the LDA trigger, you will not be dissapointed. You can buy them reasonable used from Bud's.

http://www.para-usa.com/new/product_pistol.php?id=66

Bawanna
08-29-2011, 04:01 PM
Buy a Para Ordnance PDA 9MM with the LDA trigger, you will not be dissapointed. You can buy them reasonable used from Bud's.

http://www.para-usa.com/new/product_pistol.php?id=66

Huge plus 1. Think 1911 with a safety margin in the trigger. I have 3 and just can't part with em. Just an amazing trigger.

jocko
08-29-2011, 04:07 PM
The GA facility is now making complete guns, but they are being shipped out of the US for sales. Maybe they will surprise us with a single stack 9mm in the next year or two.

has to be something very screwy about that. I don't doubt u but I just think something is very screwy there.

Ubaldo99
08-29-2011, 04:49 PM
Glock 19 9mm was my first handgun: Love it. Kahr CM9 was my most recent purchase: Love it. Nothing wrong with forming attachments to other manufacturers and calibers.

Michael W.
08-29-2011, 06:06 PM
My first ever handgun was a Gen 2 Glock 17 about 18 years ago.
I've probably owned 20+ Glocks over the years. Many have come and
gone as I've chased the handgun muse but I will always have a G19
and a G26 in my arsenal. Currently, an OD Green Gen 3 G19 sits in my
nightstand with two spare 17rd mags all stuffed with Ranger 127gr +P+.

My G26 is and always will be primary IWB gun. (Even though I've been
pocket carrying Kahrs almost exclusively for the past 2 years.)

If I ever KNEW I was going to need a gun I would grab my Glocks and leave
my Kahrs at home. I can shoot them that much better and faster than
my Kahrs.

Ironically, my birthday is coming up this weekend and I got the greenlight
from the CFO to splurge a bit of my August commission check on a
present for myself. I just came home this evening with a Gen 4 G23.

I've had two 2nd Gen 23s in the past. This one fits my had the best
and I'm looking forward to shooting her this weekend.

Enjoy your G19 and don't feel guilty at all. The G19 may very well be the finest
and most versatile duty pistol ever. They occupy a different role than
the Kahr's. I currently have 3 Glocks and 3 Kahrs. Love them all!

Michael-

FTG2Voge
09-01-2011, 12:57 AM
What is this glock thing of which you speak?