PDA

View Full Version : Initial range report, new CM9, flawless with one exception

Getwild2
09-04-2011, 11:10 AM
Well I took my new CM9 to the range yesterday with 200 rounds but due to the heat of the day only fired 100. I had ZERO FTF's and FTE's, however on 3-4 occasions I emptied my mag but the slide didn't lock back. Is this still a break-in issue that will diminish or something different altogether?

Thanks guys!! :D

Bawanna
09-04-2011, 11:19 AM
Were they towards the end of the session? I'd shoot more. Make sure your grip is good and solid. Its possible the slide lock spring might need a minor little tweak but too early to tell. Most likely still tight and perhaps just a little lax in the grip.

yqtszhj
09-04-2011, 07:23 PM
Yep what Bawanna said. Shoot a few more rounds if it's running well otherwise. Nice to hear a good report too.

Getwild2
09-05-2011, 07:08 AM
I do not think the issue was relative to the shooter because there were two and it was happening with both of us. I am also normally a Glock-shooter and so a good grip is mandatory. Its possible I guess but not as likely as a break-in issue. Thanks for the help guys, I'll put another 100 through it to complete my 200-rd break-in per the manual and track the activity. Hopefully the issue disappears.